First january signing? - Jan kromkamp

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:43 pm

Just saw on RAWK, he's been nominated for UEFA's team of the year here . They also profile him.

Sounds like he'd be a good swap for Josemi if he does agree personal terms.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:44 pm

Finnan is absolutely flying right now!  Too bad this chap can't play left back.  That is where we need some cover.  Warnock has not solidified his place, while Finnan is an important piece of the Great Red Wall
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:46 pm

He appears to me to be;

1) cover for Finnan at right back
2) a more attacking right back if we need goals e.g. as a sub
3) cover for right midfield

From what I've seen on tinternet, I've not been impressed in terms of improving the first team, although he could improve the squad.  He only appears to have one or two Dutch caps and he's 25 years old.  He'd be happy to take a chance with Rafa I suppose, as he's not first choice where he is.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:50 pm

fivecups wrote:Just saw on RAWK, he's been nominated for UEFA's team of the year here . They also profile him.

Sounds like he'd be a good swap for Josemi if he does agree personal terms.

Just looked at that list, and Simao is on there to.  Rafa is on the h :censored: for quality.  So nice compared to our last regime who would be sniffing around the African Champions Cup for a few one hit wonders.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:51 pm

Then again, Ricardo Carvalho is on the list as well.

LOL
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:06 am

Havent seen him play, but from what I've read he appears a first glance to be a bit like a right sided JAR....
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:11 am

That came out of friggin nowhere. Rafa is keeping his cards close to the chest indeed. I think it is a good swap. We are getting a young dutch international who can cover both right back and right midfield. Not bad at all. With the right coaching he may grow into a fine player here.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby barnesrush » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:20 am

from teamtalk:

an Kromkamp factfile

1980: Born 17 August, in Makkinga, Holland.

1998: Makes professional debut with Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch Eerste Divisie, the equivalent level of the Championship.

2000: After 61 appearances and five goals for Go Ahead Eagles, leaves to join top-flight side AZ Alkmaar.

2001: Finishes Eredivisie season with two goals in 25 appearances. AZ finish 13th.

2002: Makes 22 appearances, scoring one goal. AZ finish 10th.

2003: AZ finish 10th again, Kromkamp netting twice in 25 games.

2004: Fifth place for AZ. Kromkamp makes 34 appearances, making him an ever-present.

18 August - Makes international debut for Holland, coming off bench after 70 minutes in a 2-2 friendly draw away to Sweden. Starts next seven games for Dutch at right-back.

2005: AZ's improvement continues and they take third place in the Eredivisie. Kromkamp's form at right-back had been so impressive that Valencia were hotly tipped to sign him, while Porto were also reported to be keen. However, Villarreal pounced and he joined the Spanish side in August, helping them knock Everton out of the Champions League later that month.

29 December - Villarreal announce agreement with Liverpool for exchange deal involving Kromkamp and Reds full-back Josemi. Kromkamp had been a regular in Europe but played just six league games for the Spanish side before the winter break.

sounds promising
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:20 am

Hes good on Footbal manager. LOL
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:34 am

If a player even link to Man C*&T , it's mean that he's a good player
LiverpoolMadman

Postby laza » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:53 am

On face value seems like a good deal, Rafa's eye for getting versatile players and keeping the deal real quiet comes to the fore again.

Adios Josemi, thanks for the tackles
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:13 am

jeffiroquai wrote:Finnan is absolutely flying right now!  Too bad this chap can't play left back.  That is where we need some cover.  Warnock has not solidified his place, while Finnan is an important piece of the Great Red Wall

Finnan has been fantastic, but what happens when he's injured or suspended? Thats where Kronkamp comes in, and he can play as a CB and in midfield. Versatile player, and Van Basten seems to be impressed with him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:18 am

dutch players are very versitile it comes from there upbringing in the  grassroots football in holland
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:11 am

I think he's a versatile player who will give more options to RB. He can be the cover for Hyppia, Finnan and the right side midfielder. Should be good. He can enhance the way we play, more open and inter-changes of players.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:08 am

I was impressed with Josemi's crunching tackles when he debuted for us, but then it was in friendlies. Although he gets caught out far too easily, he works and works to compensate for his shortcomings.

Great attitude, shame about the ability.

Adios, and thanks for your efforts for us. I hope you do well in your future endeavours, Josemi.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion