Finances - How are liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:55 am

Does anybody know how Liverpool are doing Financially, I mean they spend more than Arsenal but have very little CL experience over the last decade.

The board has spent a lot (give them credit) but sometimes I worry about how much income the club gets now that its a club in decline.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:08 pm

I think turnover last year was around £100million, and figures for last year (i.e 2003 as a year, not a season) that were recently produced by an analyst in the City of London show that Liverpool were the 8th richest team in the world, with Arsenal at 7th and Man UTD at 1st.

This is down from Liverpool at 5th the previous year.

The figures were based on turnover/revenues.

Liverpool are a private holding but analysts can still get a good idea of turnover as UEFA and the Premierleague publish the amounts of monies given to the clubs and gate receipts can be very accurately estimated.

We are doing ok, but an increase in capacity and regular CL football would probably put us back up in the top 5 or 6.

Currently UTD, Milan, Juventus, Bayern, Arsenal, Madrid arer ahead of us (there's someone else there that I can't remember) and while we had a greater turnover than Chelsea last year, the figures don't take into consideration money coming out of someone's pcoket, liek Abramovich, Motti or Berlusconi.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:10 pm

yeah i read those figures. not being in the champions league cost us dearly. the new stadium is a must if we wan't to compete with the man uniteds of this world though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:54 pm

didn't leeds make the top 20 of that list as it only takes revenue into account not liabilities (debt etc).
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:54 pm

Also Inter are ahead of us.

Leeds were 15th
what a joke :D
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion