Figos agent in liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:12 pm

Goal.com is very biased in favour of Seria A.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lionheart » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:17 am

This article appears on the Australian "The World Game" (http://www3.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=60651) web site this AM (australian eastern time)

"Inter close to signing Figo?
AP

Inter Milan is reportedly close to signing Luis Figo from Real Madrid.

Inter has offered Figo a two-year contract worth $US7 million ($A10 million), and although the 32-year-old Portugal midfielder wants $US10 million ($A13 million), a deal could be made at $US8.50 million ($A11 million), the Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

The 2001 World Player of the Year is currently with Madrid on a pre-season tour of the United States and Asia.

Real Madrid vice president Emilio Butragueno said last week that Figo's future with the Spanish club is still "up in the air."

Champions League winner Liverpool has also shown interest in Figo, who has one more year on his Madrid contract. The Gazzetta reported Figo would prefer to move to Italy for family reasons."

Not happy :(

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:14 am

Goal.com is very biased in favour of Seria A.

Yea they most definetly are
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:15 am

Inter close to signing Figo?
AP

Inter Milan is reportedly close to signing Luis Figo from Real Madrid.

Inter has offered Figo a two-year contract worth $US7 million ($A10 million), and although the 32-year-old Portugal midfielder wants $US10 million ($A13 million), a deal could be made at $US8.50 million ($A11 million), the Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

The 2001 World Player of the Year is currently with Madrid on a pre-season tour of the United States and Asia.

Real Madrid vice president Emilio Butragueno said last week that Figo's future with the Spanish club is still "up in the air."

Champions League winner Liverpool has also shown interest in Figo, who has one more year on his Madrid contract. The Gazzetta reported Figo would prefer to move to Italy for family reasons."

This was reported a couple of days ago. If Madrid no longer want a fee and Figo wants to end his career in the Premier League and after saying that he would like to play for us why would he join Inter?

Champions of Europe or a Italian team who've won f#ck all in the last 10 years.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:06 am

Do people know that the YNWA.tv was a hoax in the first place, i know its not the fault of the original poster 'cisses is better that ya' as we all would like to have Figo, but he's in USA. It was agreed ages ago that he was to go to Inter heres is Marca's take ( this paper is PRO madrid they have the best info)

http://marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,655070,00.html

Bascially it says that inter will purchase Figo and Samuel (Ironically another Benitez target) by Wednesday at the earlisest, i would say by Friday defenatly.

Sadly, If i was you guys i would take Figo out of your minds. And it has nothing to do with money it was simply his wife who like all c**ts prefers glamourous locations. (here in Spain his wife has a worse reputation than your English Beckam's wife i.e meddling in husbands business too much)

I live in Seville and can tell you about many spanish going ons wth LFC.

Zaragoza will keep Milito also. I can't find the article but i will post it (translated, this time) for you guys if you wish. 

It will be Upson in the end, which confuses me as he is no quicker than Hyypia, whats the point?
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:55 am

this paper is PRO madrid they have the best info

Didn't they say that Gerrard was going to sign with Madrid?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:56 am

Bascially it says that inter will purchase Figo and Samuel (Ironically another Benitez target) by Wednesday at the earlisest, i would say by Friday defenatly.

Funny how today it was said that Samuel and Figo going to Inter Milan isn't true.

Edit- Figo hasn't played for RM in the first half in their pre-season friendly, the second time he's been on the bench so  far in pre-season.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:47 pm

funny how you dont provide a source , but just "it" AB.  get over it boy, Inter just have Admin considerations, hence why i think it will be done by Friday.   

As for Gerrard comment :talktothehand .  good luck forking out your money to buy his 100k wages.
109-1093441336

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:51 pm

if you look in stmikes rumour thread

radio 1 reports that figo may still go to lfc, if inter dont scupper the deal
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:00 pm

Inter Milan don't seem very optomistic.  They seem to be interested only if he's free, which appears to be the same position as Liverpool.  He's already said his choice would be Liverpool, so it looking like a distinct possibility.

BBC Story
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:05 pm

i was starting to believe meelan, thinking that our chances of figo had gone, then you said upson is no quicker than hyppia ???

by the looks of the stories figo hasnt agreed terms with inter, but didnt he agree 60 K with us. this could also be a bad point tho as if we have agreed a wage, whats the hold up???

not too bothered either way as if he goes to inter he is not the man i thought he was (my dream...)

the guardian today say his people are still in liverpool in talks while he is in US so maybe they are just waiting until the tour is over
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:32 pm

I think Figo is off to Inter now....his choice and if he doesn't want to play here, we are better off without him
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:42 pm

barnesrush wrote:i was starting to believe meelan, thinking that our chances of figo had gone, then you said upson is no quicker than hyppia ???

by the looks of the stories figo hasnt agreed terms with inter, but didnt he agree 60 K with us. this could also be a bad point tho as if we have agreed a wage, whats the hold up???

not too bothered either way as if he goes to inter he is not the man i thought he was (my dream...)

the guardian today say his people are still in liverpool in talks while he is in US so maybe they are just waiting until the tour is over

I want to hear something official from a website but if his people are talking to LFC then thats surely a good sign, they go on to Asia to play in another tour so if LFC and Real have an agreement and his people sort everything out I can't see why he can't fly to England to talk to us.

I just want something on Sky Sports News so we know whats going one, oh as you might guess I'm not the most patient person in the world.  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:07 pm

yeah ssn jus said inter say they are pessimistic of signing figo but you never know where they get this sh!t from
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:54 pm

funny how you dont provide a source , but just "it" AB.  get over it boy, Inter just have Admin considerations, hence why i think it will be done by Friday. 

As for Gerrard comment :talktothehand .  good luck forking out your money to buy his 100k wages.

BBC report that Inter Milan are not close to signing Figo or Samuel.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion