Figos agent in liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:05 pm

I think with Figo we could have the right balance within the midfield. If you look at when Ars and Man U used to dominate Henry, Giggs, Keane were all quite young. But now as there faltering their midfielders are getting older and they have no one as yet to replace them. If you look at Liverpool though, Gerrard is only 25 and Alonso is still just 23. With Figo we will get some experience and and experienced player has always worked out at Liverpool in the past. Gary Mac done well for us and so did Jari Litmanen. Figo could turn out to be the best of the lot. I hope anyway.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:17 pm

bigmick wrote:Since I'm in a predictive mood today here's another. If Mourinho can get Crespo to really want to do the business over here he will be the Prem's top scorer this season. An absolutely fantastic player IMHO.

Think you could be right about Crespo there.  He was fantastic for Milan, and in his 1 season for chelsea his goals-games ratio was actually very good, he just had a lot of injuries that year.  Top player IMO, he'll score a lot more than Drogba did.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:11 pm

I think Figo would be a good signing because I'm sure he will play very well just to show he is not finished yet. With Gerard and ALonso, Figo doesn't have to do too much and this will make him more effective because he can concentrate on the wing. Although he is not getting any faster but his passing and vision still is a valuable asset to have. This will complement well with Garcia and Nando.

As for Real slap a tap of 18million on Owen, this simply is a joke. Who would want to overpaid Real for Owen since he costed 8 million last year. With 18 million, there are more options. 10 million might be more realistic. :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:44 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:...................Reina
Finnan...Carra.....Milito.....Riiise
..........Gerrard....Alonso
Figo.........Garcia.........Zenden
................Cisse

Tell me this isn't a premiership winning squad!
:)  :)  :)

apparantly carra does not think so.......

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=337166&cc=4716

Carragher - we can't win title this year

Jamie Carragher has written off Liverpool's title chances for next season - despite manager Rafael Benitez's search for perfection.

Carragher: Fourth still the target. (MatthewAshton/Empics)

Liverpool finished 37 points behind Barclays Premiership champions Chelsea last season, a gap Carragher feels cannot be bridged, so instead Champions League football is the target.

The 27-year-old defender, who recently committed his future to the club by signing a new four-year contract, feels the Reds will not be contenders for the crown for at least another couple of years.

'I don't want to sound defeatist, but it's going to be very difficult to break into the top three this season,' said Carragher.

'It is still only Rafa Benitez's second season here and we have not got the resources of Chelsea or Manchester United.

'Obviously, we want to win the league but it would mean a big jump to go from 37 points behind Chelsea to above them.

'We've got to look for around the 70-point mark, which would definitely get us fourth.

'Maybe the year after, we can add another 10 or 12 points and keep pushing so in the next couple of years we can go for the title.'

Carragher concedes, though, Benitez 'isn't the type to rest on his laurels' following the club's remarkable Champions League triumph over AC Milan in May.

The England international knows Benitez will push his players on, adding: 'He never takes things for granted, even after we've had good games or good results.

'He is always on to you. Even when we've played really well, he will look at the negatives.

'He is always looking for perfection, which probably is not possible, but that's what he wants.'

While Carragher concedes Chelsea have the best team, he feels Liverpool have managed to hang onto the best player in close friend Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard also opted to sign up until 2009 after being linked with a move to Chelsea, and Carragher believes the midfielder made the right move.

'I don't think there is anyone in the world who can touch Steven Gerrard,' insisted Carragher.

'Frank Lampard has been on fire for the last couple of years, but he's probably playing with better players than Steve is.

'Even though all the talk was of him leaving, I felt it would always be difficult for Steve to do that, being a local lad.

'People were telling me he had gone, but you are not gone until you sign that contract with another club. I'm sure he made the right decision.'
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:52 pm

the best thing about singing figo is finally we would have 2 wonderful wingers aat each flank (zenden & figo). And with Gerrard & Alonso...just imagine the number of chances we will create...........

exciting times ahead....can't wait for the season to start folks...i really can't wait...
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:09 pm

looks like we should sign him in the next few days....

http://footballcommentator.blogspot.com/2005....an.html

Saturday, July 16, 2005
Liverpool get Real Madrid man
Real Madrid have backed down from demanding a transfer fee and have agreed to let Luis Figo go. Madrid told the player he was free to find another club but once it appeared that club was Liverpool, they decided to ask for a 3 million pound fee.

That meant no deal and Figo joined an aimless tour of America with Real.

Inter Milan swooped in when Liverpool staunchly refused the fee but apparently the player does not want a switch to Italy. He also snubbed a move by German club Stuttgart.

Figo was prepared to spend this season at Madrid and negotiate a free transfer in January on his terms so at the end of the season he had a team. It would have meant many games spent languishing on a bench but Madrid also realizes they would be paying about 7 million euros to warm that seat next season.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:40 pm

still won't believe it until i see it!
no matter the source.
i will only believe it once figo has signed the contract!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:41 pm

It looks as if his other half wants him to go to Inter,so if he's Italy bound(I sincerely hope not) then at least we'll know who wears the trousers in the Figo household! ???
Gracias King Rafa

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:55 pm

well lets hope his so called "dream move" to liverpool doesn't get in the way of his wifes wishes!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:14 am

A.B. wrote:Regarding Owen, I think we might end up loaning him and then attempting to sign him in January.

However if we are going to buy him, Madrid will want more than 8 million for him.

well madrid can have josemi & nunez + 8 million for owen....we can play hardball too  :p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:22 am

its over guys.......figo should be ours in 24 hours....crouch too. Rafa is not one of those who will publicly talk about players. But he mentioned he likes crouch and he likes him to be here....He said the same for morientas....so crouch should be here too.....

good bye baros....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1698356,00.html

Liverpool closing in on Figo and Crouch
By Oliver Kay and Gary Jacob

LIVERPOOL hope to add the contrasting figures of Luís Figo and Peter Crouch to their squad by the end of the week, but they are encountering further frustrations in their pursuit of Gabriel Milito.
Having had a £7.5 million bid for the Argentina defender rejected by Real Zaragoza, Liverpool have been told that Milito will cost at least £10 million — a sum beyond their budget unless they sell players such as Jerzy Dudek, the goalkeeper, and Milan Baros, the forward. They may revert to less expensive targets, such as Matthew Upson, the Birmingham City defender.

Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, is frustrated by Zaragoza’s intransigence, but at least it appears that his summer-long pursuit of Crouch is nearing a successful end. Sources indicated last night that Liverpool are close to submitting an improved bid, believed to be in the region of £6.5 million, for the forward, who is as unhappy as Liverpool over Southampton’s refusal to sell him.

Crouch is also attracting interest from Manchester City, who have money to spend after selling Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea, and West Ham United, but the 6ft 7in forward set his heart on a move to Anfield in the hope of securing a place in England’s squad for the World Cup finals next summer. He may request a transfer if Liverpool’s latest bid is rejected by Southampton, but the issue is likely to be settled by the end of the week.

Benítez is also hoping for a swift resolution over Figo, with whom the club agreed a £60,000-a-week contract almost two weeks ago, only to be told that Real Madrid would not allow the Portugal winger to move unless Liverpool paid a £2 million transfer fee. Liverpool have persuaded Real to drop the demand, but are waiting while Figo, 32, negotiates a settlement for the final year of his contract .
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:20 am

Once again RB is a good manager and good business man in football . Get a cheap and good player in the short term .... Well done :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:43 am

I wonder why we aren't after Anelka who is caught the interests of Newcastle and would be worth half of what Soton want for Crouch, which is 4 million but then again as I said in the previous thread he has the ability it's that he may not have the right "mentality" for Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:34 am

red37 wrote:does he speak english....well?

He speaks English very well, I have heard him interviewed. Will he understand scouse however, that is a different matter. :D

Were he to play for us, he would make such a difference to our team because he is a high skill player and those are always needed. I also think that Figo a true professional and will always fight for victory. By changing teams he will also probably come in with fresh motivation and we might see the Figo of a few years back. I think Figo to Liverpool would be a win for all.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:24 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The rafalution is beginning people its great to be a Red, I love my club.

OUR club!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion