Figos agent in liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:29 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:He booked a table in one of our finest eateries

I love Liverpool but on the way in (from the A49) the eateries are all Maccie Dee's :p
PrestonLaaa

Postby laza » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:30 am

Certainly wasnt real keen on the idea to start with but have done a U-turn of Stevie G proportions as it does look like he rather keen to come for a football rather then a retirement payout.
As long as its a free transfer i certainly think  its worth a gamble on players wages as his undoubted class could really Liverpool want it needs.
At worst even if he cant adapt to the League he certainly be handy in the CL games and while i dont like it these days, have a player of his profile certainly would help in the marketing of Liverpool across the globe
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:36 am

Although I'm a member of YNWA.TV, I've never once posted there on their forums (As sad as it sounds, truthfully, I like this place too much to bother with any other Liverpool sites - apart from the occasional post on RAWK) but YNWA.TV seem to have it absolutely spot on where rumours are concerned.  They really do have members that seem to have an inside knowledge on the club, rightly or wrongly.  The only reason I registered is because you need to register to read the boards.  You can't do it anonymously.

Although, at the same time, it's easy as fu*k to start a rumour.  For instance, did you know that I work with a fella who knows a fella that lives in the same part of Merseyside as Rafa Benitez and he sees him in the same restaurant every weekend?  I even know the name of the restaurant.

See?  That's how easy it is. 

I also got an e-mail through my job on Friday off a guy who has connections with the club and if there is a SLIGHT chance I can get to meet him, I'm going to do it.  I'm going to e-mail him back before I even let my bosses know about it as well.  This is too important.

Do you believe me? :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

The real question is.................is Jonny Mac a liar or not?
jonnymac1979

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:43 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:The real question is.................is Jonny Mac a liar or not?

Rumour has it Johnny Mac doesn't like Spammers  :D

I take your point about how easy it is to start rumours though John.

All too often fans let their own personal desire to see a certain player at the club affect the facts about what they may or may not have heard/seen/read etc......

The reality is that for the vast majority of fans we are the last to know when the deal is done.  :eyebrow
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:50 am

No disrespect to Murphy, Smicer etc. but having Figo on the wing is definitly an improvement to the Liverpool pedigree.

We will have a superb crosser of the ball, an ace at free kicks and corners, and a valuable marketing icon. Who is going to sell more shirts, Vlad or Luis ?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 am

Look, I'm REALLY optimistic he's going to sign for us very early next week.
jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:04 am

Regarding Owen, I think we might end up loaning him and then attempting to sign him in January.

However if we are going to buy him, Madrid will want more than 8 million for him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Seba641 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:17 am

i know that he is going to be presented on monday media conference and he will sign contract at that day that will be very awsome :D but we need striker not another middfilder  :angry:
Seba641

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:22 am

A.B. wrote:
he was very poor for portugal in the EURO 2004

So was Robben at the time but he's been marvelous for Chelsea. I wouldn't completely judge players by their international display. For instance Milan Baros has scored tons of goals for Czech Republic however we all know that he can't even come close to scoring the same amount here.

Robben poor at Euro 2004?? Are you out of your mind?? He was one of the revelations of the tournament
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby matrix » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:11 am

i realy hope we get figo soon dont want this to drag on to much as inter are waiting in the wings, do me a favour figo forget your wifes wishes of an itilian nightmare and join the best club on earth.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:19 am

matrix wrote:i realy hope we get figo soon dont want this to drag on to much as inter are waiting in the wings, do me a favour figo forget your wifes wishes of an itilian nightmare and join the best club on earth.

Yer Inters fans are sh.it  :angry:
He will be luved by the kop if he finds his form again. :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:58 am

stmichael wrote:No disrespect to Murphy, Smicer etc. but having Figo on the wing is definitly an improvement to the Liverpool pedigree.

We will have a superb crosser of the ball, an ace at free kicks and corners, and a valuable marketing icon. Who is going to sell more shirts, Vlad or Luis ?

Not just that but someone that can actualy take on and beat players with his dribbling skills. Aside from Garcia this is something we have been lacking since McManaman left.
muttleyp

Postby joependo » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:48 am

We all know how class he is but will he perform the class we want.The midfield we will have will be betters than anyones in the prem.Maybe in the world.We also know how well the team can play with or without(incase gets injured)we will be able to play one touch like in the old days or should i say the new days.The futres looking orang the futre's looking red :D
joependo

Postby red37 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:50 am

does he speak english....well?
well enuff to walk into sayers and order a scouse pasty?
will he take to chips and curry?
how many cigs is he on a day?
will he walk into the albert and buy evry one a pint? like rafa!!
how cool is he
:buttrock

but most of all..................
will he be able to take ppl on, twist and flick his way to the edge of the box and let fly!!!

YOU BET HE :censored:' WILL!

GREAT BUSINESS RAFA   :bowdown

seriously in my book this is great news for this vital 2 years or so hell give us.. in terms of INFLUENCE, in terms of ABILITY and in terms of CLUB STATURE.

i realise he aint gonna be the figo of years passed. and the EPL is as stern a test as he would find..but gary mac comes well to mind here and bloody good show if figo has half his impact!

arent red tinted specs great.................................. :Oo:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:06 am

He's another Zola at Chelsea, Klinnsmann at Spurs. We really don't realise in this country how good these blokes are. Even if he's half the player he was, as long as he's prepared to accept a reduced role in terms of minutes played and the motivation is there he'll be one of the best players that has ever worn the shirt. That is a big statement but he is a really big player. I think he'll love it over here, the fans will worship him and he will have a massive impact on the club. Sign him at all costs for me.
Since I'm in a predictive mood today here's another. If Mourinho can get Crespo to really want to do the business over here he will be the Prem's top scorer this season. An absolutely fantastic player IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion