Figos agent in liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neilE » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:53 pm

Figo may be past it - Madrid aren't offloading him on a free for nothing. But he has been one of the best players in the world. As long as he's still got half of what he had at his best he's going to be a huge inspiration for everyone else at the club, and a statement of intent to the rest of the league. Someone put up a thread the other day against big name players, but you have to think about what it'll mean to the other players. Its got to be the same sort of impact as scoring in the second half of a big game when you're 3-0 down. Everyone raises their game - hopefully this one will last all season!
neilE

Postby Guido the Killer Pimp » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:29 pm

looks like he's on his way then doesn't it? after all, he's not going to cut short a madrid team tour for a weekend break in Liverpool is he?

I would imagine rafa has told him straight what his position will be at lfc and he's obviously happy otherwise he wouldn't have agreed personal terms a week or 2 ago.

To anyone who says he's past it, too old, I say this - Gary Mac :bowdown  Figo down the right wing, Zenden down the left, with Moro nodding them in the net, bring it on!!  :eyebrow
Guido the Killer Pimp

Postby muttleyp » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:29 pm

I was opposed to us signing him at first, as i felt he may have a suspect attitude towards playing for us or possiblly an ego to big for the club. But it seems like he is genuinely wants to come to us and play football so if he puts is all into each game then he will be a very good signing, and As a freee transfer can u rearly go wrong with that?
muttleyp

Postby mikopool » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:56 pm

I can hardly wait to see him do absolutely nothing and sit Garcia on the bench :(
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby whylongball? » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:59 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:The future is looking brighter and brighter. I just hope if this deal does go through Figo can show his class in the premiership and not have to take time to get used to football in england. This guy certainly has class but the question is can he show it?

One thing that is for sure is that we will have a guy that can take great freekiks penalties and corners, finally!!!!

thats right!! 1-0 wins with just one deciding freekick/penalty  :D  :eyebrow
whylongball?

Postby Guido the Killer Pimp » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:19 am

Apparently he has just come off the bench to replace owen in Real's match in america ie. he ain't in Liverpool

just goes to show that most of what we read in the papers/internet sites is complete bollox as is much of what we see on telly
Guido the Killer Pimp

Postby A.B. » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:37 am

Apparently he has just come off the bench to replace owen in Real's match in america ie. he ain't in Liverpool

just goes to show that most of what we read in the papers/internet sites is complete bollox as is much of what we see on telly

His agent is in Liverpool, nobody said that Figo was in Liverpool.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Guido the Killer Pimp » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:41 am

A.B. wrote:

His agent is in Liverpool, nobody said that Figo was in Liverpool.

the rumour on rawk said figo himself was in town
Guido the Killer Pimp

Postby A.B. » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:45 am

Was it posted on RAWK's site or their forum?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Guido the Killer Pimp » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:48 am

A.B. wrote:Was it posted on RAWK's site or their forum?

their forum
Guido the Killer Pimp

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:49 am

I posted this last week if anyone's interested

But I've cut and pasted it here anyway

I still think we will sign Figo.  Expect this to drag on for a bit, but if Rafa just sits tight on this, Real will be backed into a corner and may be forced to sell him.  That is unless it gets too close to the end of the transfer window and Figo may be forced to look elsewhere.  Not sure if he will be playing in the World Cup for Portugal next year so I'm not sure if that's influencing any decision he will make, but this saga is not over yet.

I think Rafa is handling all of our transfers expertly.  I wouldn't be surprised if he let that press release out yesterday, saying that it's looking less likely Figo will sign, to simply call Real Madrid's bluff.

We are definitley in the driving seat on this though.  Like I say, if we just sit tight, the more pressure on Real Madrid there is to sell to us.

They will lose £2 million if we don't pay it.
They will lose £4.5 million in wages if Figo stays with them when he is clearly not in their plans.

What would you rather lose?  £2 million or £4.5 million?

For the benefit of gerrardisgod if you are reading, take your time, I know it's hard question.......

I suspect we'll end up getting him for nothing or a price around the £750,000 mark.  But Rafa will not let Liverpool be held to ransom, and quite rightly so.
jonnymac1979

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:53 am

YNWA.tv.......

According to our sources, Luis Figo has agreed to sign for Liverpool and the deal will be announced officially on Monday by the club. We understand that the player and his representatives are in Liverpool this evening and he is understood to be meeting with club officials over the next 24 hours to sign his contract and will be presented at a press conference, possibly at lunchtime on Monday.

More details to follow...............
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Guido the Killer Pimp » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:56 am

let's hope we do sign him anyway, his experience could prove invaluable this season. It also sends out a message to the rest of the footballing world that top players want to come to LFC
Guido the Killer Pimp

Postby the mighty reds » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:16 am

his wife wanted a move to italy so he must of set her right and it shows he is coming for the football and not the beaches,also real have put a £18 million tag on owen,though i wouldnt pay no more than £10 million for him.
the mighty reds

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:18 am

For NO fee and the chance that the player can rekindle his past form then I believe it's a risk worth taking. Last season in particular with all the injuries it became clear that we lacked strength in depth.

A look at the subs bench at Stamford Bridge , Old Trafford and Highbury tells you that in effect we need two teams who can compete in their own right to win the Premiership these days. Long gone are the days where the top teams used as little as 14 players throughout the season.

It would appear that all roads lead to Liverpool and this is not a FACT OK but it's my feeling that Michael may well be coming home soon .................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion