Fight for 4th - Liv, mcy, tot & ast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 am

Sir Roger wrote:To the tune of "fight for this love" by Cheryl Cole (nee Tweedy)

We got to fight (fight) fight (fight) fight to come fourth
If its worth having its worth fighting for...
:;):

You homosexual.  :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:43 am

Owzat wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:Right now I'm braced for us finishing fifth and having a massive re-consruction job on in the summer

Its really out of our hands now, we must keep on winning and other teams screwing things up.

If we do get 5th, we will be in a major :censored: hole

Agree, that's all that really needs to be said. Scratching at the fixtures won't change the fact that we are not in control, we tossed away that opportunity on Sunday, and all we can do now is win, win and win. The team that wins most games from here will almost certainly finish fourth and we're 13-14 on games won-not won.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa doesn't make a nonsense of those predictions of SCS, I'd maybe even suggest some gamblers put money on us beating Chelsea at home and losing to Burnley or Hull, or some combination of home banker going bankrupt with a 100-1 shot riding home by 20 lengths

You're missing my point, by miles.

I am fully aware of our situation. My point was that "on paper", not taking our form into consideration we would look to accumulate those points from that fixture list.

Everton's form against better opposition is out of the norm to say the least. As for Man City playing Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd in succession, regardless of where it's played, is a "minefield". Go to any bookies and they will throw odds at you for anything more than 4 points out of those three games.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:52 am

Owzat wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:Right now I'm braced for us finishing fifth and having a massive re-consruction job on in the summer

Its really out of our hands now, we must keep on winning and other teams screwing things up.

Agree, that's all that really needs to be said. Scratching at the fixtures won't change the fact that we are not in control, we tossed away that opportunity on Sunday, and all we can do now is win, win and win. The team that wins most games from here will almost certainly finish fourth and we're 13-14 on games won-not won.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa doesn't make a nonsense of those predictions of SCS, I'd maybe even suggest some gamblers put money on us beating Chelsea at home and losing to Burnley or Hull, or some combination of home banker going bankrupt with a 100-1 shot riding home by 20 lengths

shirley "tossing away that opportunity"  would have been losing the fixture on sunday?

given their home record, their form, and the damage that wouldv resulted from a loss, a phrase like that is just a little ott
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 am

DrPepe wrote:
Owzat wrote:
metalhead wrote:

shirley "tossing away that opportunity"  would have been losing the fixture on sunday?

given their home record, their form, and the damage that wouldv resulted from a loss, a phrase like that is just a little ott

not really, IF we had won that game or at least shown some ambition to win it then we would have been in complete control but we seemed happy to go for the draw which gave control to Citeh.
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:34 pm

unfortunately, thanks to tv and europa league commitments we'll spend the majority of weekends playing catchup. ok they are games we should win on paper but if team win before us then the pressure really will be on us against wigan and pompey.

i hate monday night kickoffs :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Wasn't there already a thread on the run in to 4th?

Anyway id say City have a far tougher run in than us and with Torres and Yossi back (and Johnson still to to come back) we should clinch it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:12 pm

We have a good list but I cant honestly say I think we will all the games we should be winning.  Were not playing well.  There is no switch that is suddenly gonna turn us into a good side.
puroresu

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:23 pm

bavlondon wrote:Wasn't there already a thread on the run in to 4th?

This one is better.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Wasn't there already a thread on the run in to 4th?

This one is better.

Well that's obvious.  :p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:12 pm

stmichael wrote:unfortunately, thanks to tv and europa league commitments we'll spend the majority of weekends playing catchup. ok they are games we should win on paper but if team win before us then the pressure really will be on us against wigan and pompey.

i hate monday night kickoffs :angry:

I am confident that with Torres and Yossi back now and Johnson nearing full fitness that a fully fit squad in the run in will see us get that 4th spot.

I do however share the same concerns as stmichael that we will be playing catch up if we are to remain in the Europa Cup. I for one would give up on the Europa to concentrate on the EPL.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:28 pm

City 3-1 up at Chelsea, not an ideal score at all for us.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:36 pm

not a good day for us in terms of the result but fooking great watching those tw@ts take a beating at home.

oh and its now 4.1
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 pm

4-1
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:41 pm

4-2 cracking game, penalties, red cards, just not the result we wanted.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:41 pm

4th place is gone ... and rafa knows and that's why also he sign new striker to replace torres for next season ...
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion