Fifpro team - 2 from lfc - Carragher missing =(

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:08 am

Liverpool provide two members of the FifPro team, including swashbuckling captain Steven Gerrard, who has finally begun to show his club form at international level.

Alongside Gerrard is Fernando Torres, who proved to be such a success in his first year at Anfield following a £20million move from Atletico Madrid.

Having prospered under Rafael Benitez, Torres then helped Spain land Euro 2008 and it is not a shock to discover he is one of five members of that side in FifPro's elite team.

Barcelona's Carles Puyol and Xavi are joined by Real Madrid duo Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos.

The presence of Lionel Messi and Kaka explains why Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez did not make the final cut.

Kaka has remained loyal to AC Milan, despite a dip in standards for the Serie A side that has forced them into the UEFA Cup this term.

However, there is little debate about the talent of a man who was crowned world footballer of the year in 2007.

The same also goes for Messi, the inspiration behind Barcelona's stunning recent performances, even if the brilliant South American could not guide the Catalans past United in the Champions League semi-final last term.

FifPro team:
Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
John Terry (Chelsea)
Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)
Carles Puyol (Barcelona)
Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
Kaka (AC Milan)
Xavi (Barcelona)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

what exactly has ferdinand done to deserve a place in that team  ???
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:43 am

I see Puyol Fukc. up all the time as well. He was a good leader for the Spanish team at the Euros but last season he conceded more penalties than you would expect from one of the top 4 defenders in the world. That pick seems to be based more on reputation to me. Maybe they should have picked a proper left back
JoeTerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:53 am

good point Joe. the players all come from a select few clubs.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:43 am

To be honest you cant see much wrong with that team going by last season and the Euros bar maybe having evra in there or the russian left back instead of terry (who spent most of last season injured) and puyol in the middle.
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:47 am

Yes, I can see Abramovich buying that team.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 am

Its a perfect football manager team - I expect its the team on the man citys owners list of players he wants
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FernandoT » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Thats a good squad but FifPro teams can never be proven to actually be a good team that works together well, they just pick the best players from around the world
FernandoT

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:55 pm

i cant help but marvel at the team. :D  except the central defence! :angry:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Ferdinand pretty much deserves to be there as he been prob the best cb in the last 12 months in europe.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:00 pm

GYBS wrote:Ferdinand pretty much deserves to be there as he been prob the best cb in the last 12 months in europe.

except when the bitters played against him recently, and especially us
Last edited by Judge on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:46 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Liverpool provide two members of the FifPro team, including swashbuckling captain Steven Gerrard, who has finally begun to show his club form at international level.

Alongside Gerrard is Fernando Torres, who proved to be such a success in his first year at Anfield following a £20million move from Atletico Madrid.

Having prospered under Rafael Benitez, Torres then helped Spain land Euro 2008 and it is not a shock to discover he is one of five members of that side in FifPro's elite team.

Barcelona's Carles Puyol and Xavi are joined by Real Madrid duo Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos.

The presence of Lionel Messi and Kaka explains why Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez did not make the final cut.

Kaka has remained loyal to AC Milan, despite a dip in standards for the Serie A side that has forced them into the UEFA Cup this term.

However, there is little debate about the talent of a man who was crowned world footballer of the year in 2007.

The same also goes for Messi, the inspiration behind Barcelona's stunning recent performances, even if the brilliant South American could not guide the Catalans past United in the Champions League semi-final last term.

FifPro team:
Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
John Terry (Chelsea)
Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)
Carles Puyol (Barcelona)
Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
Kaka (AC Milan)
Xavi (Barcelona)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

what exactly has ferdinand done to deserve a place in that team  ???

Captained the english and european champioins, vice captain for his country. I dont like Liverpool fans who are blinckerd and think things of playters just cos they play for scum, I no that I hate united fans who say gerrard is :censored: n theyd rather have scholes..... Ferdinand is good... and probably deserves a mention. Who would you have instead of him...?
Ben1988

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Like i said earlier mate its prob terry that shouldnt be in the team and should prob be replaced by a left back like evra etc.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Yeh I agree with the full back shout and yes Terry is better.. but they have things to abide by... the captain of the european champions has to be there. I dont no why im arguin...your right, drop him, hes a :censored: :D
Ben1988

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:10 pm

i wouldnt say he should be in there cause he is capt of the mancs - would say it cause he has been one of the best cbs in the world over the last 12-18 months
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:15 pm

Im not saying tis correct that they have him bcos hes united skipper... but that is a reason... and maypax, who started the topic asked what he had done to deserve being in the team. I said that he shouldnt discount him becos hes a scum player... he is infact very very good.. not just good and that is why he is there.

My initial point was I like to see Liverpool fans give credit where it is due and not be blinkered by where a player is from or what side he is at, which is the impression I got form maypax
Ben1988

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion