Fifpro team - 2 from lfc - Carragher missing =(

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Good point about Kaka, and Terry really shouldn't be in there aswell based on the last year. However I do believe many people are underestimating Ferdinand on here. Even though he plays for our arch enemies, you should be able to recognise, that he is a very good defender. He seems to have practically cut out the silly mistakes of his game (bar their last game against the bitters), and rarely does he need to throw himself in front of a shot, as his excellent positioning means he doesn't have to. Now I really don't like to be praising anything even remotely connected to the mancs, but I just feel some people are making themselves look a bit too blinkered in their view of some of our rivals' players.
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 pm

GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
burjennio wrote:ferdinand is not even the best defender in the Manc centre half partnership!

yes. he makes too many mistakes, he is a showpony and he has horrible attitude.

that was the ferdinand of a couple season ago - take away his bad performance on sat the rest of the last two seasons he has been up there with the best .

the united defence is good because of Vidic. and Burjennio mentoined Senna and Mash who were very pivotal in their teams' success.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:why not?

So out of your list those 11 players have been the best 11 in the last 12 months ?

not all. but the defenders yes. Terry and Ferdinand are not the best at all. the Fifpro team seems to have been picked based on the number of shirts they sell more then anything else. except for Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo, Torres and Gerrard and also Cassilas and Ramos argubly.

will agree with zirkhov being up there - cannavro spent most of the season injured- sagna was also out for months and carra was shocking for the first couple of months last season .

And yeah burjenno kaka wasnt at his best last season and prob a holding player should of been in there - prob senna woould of got the pick after the euros even thou think masher a better player.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:41 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:why not?

So out of your list those 11 players have been the best 11 in the last 12 months ?

not all. but the defenders yes. Terry and Ferdinand are not the best at all. the Fifpro team seems to have been picked based on the number of shirts they sell more then anything else. except for Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo, Torres and Gerrard and also Cassilas and Ramos argubly.

That's the point I was making about Carragher not being "fashionable" enough, exactly that mate.
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:43 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Good point about Kaka, and Terry really shouldn't be in there aswell based on the last year. However I do believe many people are underestimating Ferdinand on here. Even though he plays for our arch enemies, you should be able to recognise, that he is a very good defender. He seems to have practically cut out the silly mistakes of his game (bar their last game against the bitters), and rarely does he need to throw himself in front of a shot, as his excellent positioning means he doesn't have to. Now I really don't like to be praising anything even remotely connected to the mancs, but I just feel some people are making themselves look a bit too blinkered in their view of some of our rivals' players.

have you seen the number of Chelsea players in the other list i created? i would even go as far as to say i would swap Evra, Rooney and Tevez for Doss, Pennant and Voronin. i dont think anyone here is being blinkered. i just think rio is overrated.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:43 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
burjennio wrote:ferdinand is not even the best defender in the Manc centre half partnership!

that was the ferdinand of a couple season ago - take away his bad performance on sat the rest of the last two seasons he has been up there with the best .

the united defence is good because of Vidic. and Burjennio mentoined Senna and Mash who were very pivotal in their teams' success.

Their defence is good because of both of them - vidic is outstanding in the air but everything else rio is miles ahead of him - yeah he is a manc and we all hate the guy but taking of the red specs the guy is one of the best in the world unfortuantely . I actually think agger has more talent than ferdinand and if he keeps prospering will become a better player.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:44 pm

GYBS Posted on Oct. 28 2008,13:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (maypaxvobiscum @ Oct. 28 2008,13:24)
Quote (burjennio @ Oct. 28 2008,13:22)
ferdinand is not even the best defender in the Manc centre half partnership!

he still makes mistakes, not just on saturday, its that Vidic is nearly always on hand to tidy up for him, much like Woodgate was for Leeds and Campbell was for England. His concentration levels are poor to this day. Have you noticed that when he doesnt have a top level centre half beside him he goes walkabout. Look at Utd of 2-3 seasons ago with Brown in the middle and every time England are missing Terry they shipped goals.

On top of all that hes a tool.  :D
burjennio

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:46 pm

A gimmicky crock of sh!te.
LFC2007

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 pm

yeah he is tool . and on max point about selling shirts , do you really think all the professional footballers vote on a player cause they sell shirts ? surely they recognise and vote on players abilities and performances over the last 12 months ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:50 pm

before I go I just want to say I dont think hes awful, he has his strengths and is a good player at a very good team (that hurt me to type that) for example he does read certain situations well and has good pace for a centre half, but there is NO WAY he is one of the two best defenders on the planet.
burjennio

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:56 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:Good point about Kaka, and Terry really shouldn't be in there aswell based on the last year. However I do believe many people are underestimating Ferdinand on here. Even though he plays for our arch enemies, you should be able to recognise, that he is a very good defender. He seems to have practically cut out the silly mistakes of his game (bar their last game against the bitters), and rarely does he need to throw himself in front of a shot, as his excellent positioning means he doesn't have to. Now I really don't like to be praising anything even remotely connected to the mancs, but I just feel some people are making themselves look a bit too blinkered in their view of some of our rivals' players.

have you seen the number of Chelsea players in the other list i created? i would even go as far as to say i would swap Evra, Rooney and Tevez for Doss, Pennant and Voronin. i dont think anyone here is being blinkered. i just think rio is overrated.

I have mate. And I agree Essien is a fantastic player, and he could very well replace Kaka in the "original" team. But I still believe you - and others - have got it wrong with Ferdinand. But that's my opinion and you have yours... no biggie  :). I will say this though: quite a few manc supporters think Ferdinand was their player of the year last season, and this even though they had another player in their team, who had quite a decent season to say the least (I won't bother to mention the girls name here).
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:58 pm

Pretty sure that Yuri Zhirkov plays left midfield at club level so it would be odd to say he is the best left back in the world, although people do say that Stevie G is the best right back in the world sometimes :D which I find interesting because right back is one of our biggest weaknesses, and Stevie G plays in central midfield which is one of our biggest strengths
JoeTerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:07 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

I have mate. And I agree Essien is a fantastic player, and he could very well replace Kaka in the "original" team. But I still believe you - and others - have got it wrong with Ferdinand. But that's my opinion and you have yours... no biggie  :). I will say this though: quite a few manc supporters think Ferdinand was their player of the year last season, and this even though they had another player in their team, who had quite a decent season to say the least (I won't bother to mention the girls name here).

he has his plus points but too but surely there are better candidates like Lucio, Nesta, Cannavaro, Carragher, etc.

Yuri playes leftback too Joe.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:20 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

he has his plus points but too but surely there are better candidates like Lucio, Nesta, Cannavaro, Carragher, etc.

Yuri playes leftback too Joe.

None of them are better than ferdinand im afraid mate . all good players but they arent better cbs than jar jar binks . maybe in past years cannavro and nesta where but not nowadays.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:40 pm

thats your opinion GYbS. i think otherwise though.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion