Fernando Morientes - Leaves Liverpool FC for Valencia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Fri May 26, 2006 2:10 am

All the best Nando
Sorry to see it didnt work out and rather sorry to see the size of transfer fee but such is life

You were something in the air that night and the signs were bright  FerNando
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri May 26, 2006 2:34 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Anyway, who's gonna take Cisse?

He's staying ..

Ok, fine with that...

man, everytime people mentioned Cisse's name, you'll be the first person to answer... 

:D

Madman, you're from Indonesia..right?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri May 26, 2006 2:58 am

Dalglish wrote:I sense the general best wishes and platitudes of the majority on here hides the sheer frustration that a player of his pedigree couldn't quiet cut it in the highly physical and lighting quick Premiership.

Actually most of my frustration is about our transfer relationship with Real Madrid. If we never do business again with that club it would be too soon    :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri May 26, 2006 3:21 am

Good luck nando, sorry it didn't work out.
Last edited by Keris on Fri May 26, 2006 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Fri May 26, 2006 7:05 am

all the best nando...i agree with you bad bob  rafa has his head screwed on alright...he will swing the sword on those who dont fit into his new plans...more will follow you can count on that...i just prey we get some WORLD CLASS PLAYERS IN... :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 26, 2006 7:23 am

moro and rafa had worked together to work things out but just failed
rafa insisted to keep playing him despite being annoyed for this by many fans to attempt to get the best out of him as well as maintain his market price, both having been failed.
in terms of his huge buying price (subject to his selling price)this reasonably is the biggest rafa's professional mistake so far.
moro's price for valencia is reportedly "disclosed"* for, i believe, "embarassing" amount of it, in order to keep both more and liverpool reputation. *though it's widely believed to be as much as 3M.

good luck nando
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Fri May 26, 2006 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 26, 2006 7:28 am

thank the fuck for that...........yeeeeeharrrrr

now only traore, cisse et al to get rid of.....  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:10 am

i think his selling price was <2m .
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Fri May 26, 2006 9:29 am

so it looks like the fee was about £3million. my overall feeling is just one of huge disappointment. disappointment that follows the excitement of signing a genuine class player but seeing him fail miserably, disappointment for nando that he's had such a tough time on the pitch, disappointment for nando that he's missed out on the spain squad, disappointment that we've lost over £3million in fee and god knows how much in wages for a return of 12 goals and disappointment that we are still looking for that striker we've needed for far too long.

i wish him the best of luck in valencia and look forward to seeing him bang in a few in the odd game over here. what a bl00dy shame though, eh?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri May 26, 2006 9:36 am

Definitely could see that happening. At least we can say for sure that Liverpool will be in the market for a striker this summer
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri May 26, 2006 9:53 am

'Undisclosed fee' is a euphamism for 'not much'.

Now we've only got one target man, I think we can safely assume we'll get another.  Of all the strikers we've been linked with how many are target men?  Viduka is one, but I'm not well up on foreign strikers.  Who is most likely to directly replace Nando I wonder?
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby xd3vilx » Fri May 26, 2006 9:53 am

Hate to see this however he just have to leave...Good Luck in Valencia...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri May 26, 2006 10:22 am

This just goes to show what a good manager we have. Rafa never lets sentiment get in the way of our quest for glory. If he makes a mistake, he quickly rectifies it.
Josemi, Pellegrino and now Morrientes have all been failed signings, but quickly moved on.
This is where Houllier failed. GH persisted with his bad buys in the hope that he would be proved right in the end. That is why he failed in delivering the league after a good start to his Liverpool career. Houllier was only ruthless with those who questioned him eg. Ziege, Babbel, Barmby, Fowler, Litmanen etc.

Good luck Fernando.

On with the Rafalution!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Fri May 26, 2006 11:23 am

The people who are jeering at the back of Nando should hang their heads in shame.  Unlike Cisse he would always work hard, and he just wasn't up to it in this league.  I'll never forget his desperate lunges against Makelele against the Chavs at Old Trafford - Cisse showed no interest in getting the ball back, Nando did.

Best of luck to him for the future.  I was at the game against Fulham this season, and I don't get to many (5-6 a season), because I live down south.  I'm just as proud to say I saw one of the legends of the modern game score, as I am to say I saw Robbie's first goal back.  Nando is obviously class, and I'm sure he'll prove it again at Valencia.  Hope to see you back at Anfield in the Champions League Nando!

Tom
Red Red Tom

Postby HantsRed » Fri May 26, 2006 11:26 am

andy_g wrote:so it looks like the fee was about £3million. my overall feeling is just one of huge disappointment. disappointment that follows the excitement of signing a genuine class player but seeing him fail miserably, disappointment for nando that he's had such a tough time on the pitch, disappointment for nando that he's missed out on the spain squad, disappointment that we've lost over £3million in fee and god knows how much in wages for a return of 12 goals and disappointment that we are still looking for that striker we've needed for far too long.

i wish him the best of luck in valencia and look forward to seeing him bang in a few in the odd game over here. what a bl00dy shame though, eh?

Exactly what I feel about it aswell.

I just hope we don't draw Valencia in the Champions League next season - sod's law he'll rediscover his goalscoring touch then!

Onwards and upwards.
HantsRed

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion