Fernando Morientes - Leaves Liverpool FC for Valencia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gato_busta » Thu May 25, 2006 7:00 pm

maybe its undisclosed because it is part payment for a player comming in? :P
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Sabre » Thu May 25, 2006 7:01 pm

Well, no he's not under Liverpool protection, fúck off Real Madríd wánker, do not dare to score to my team  :angry:

No, seriously, I wish him the best. I guess in the next few days we'll know how much was the exact fee. I'm happy for him, because after being left out of the Spanish Squad rather unfairly IMHO, I', happy the top clubs of Spain have confirmed their interest on him. He deserved it. His attitude in Anfield as a proffesional cannot be questioned. His tally of goals can, of course.

Good luck Nando.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:03 pm

this is great news, its made me very happy
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:03 pm

let's see wat 2morow's gossip columns say abt this,by the way none of them had a clue abt this deal:p
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 25, 2006 7:05 pm

Sabre wrote:Well, no he's not under Liverpool protection, fúck off Real Madríd wánker, do not dare to score to my team  :angry:

No, seriously, I wish him the best. I guess in the next few days we'll know how much was the exact fee. I'm happy for him, because after being left out of the Spanish Squad rather unfairly IMHO, I', happy the top clubs of Spain have confirmed their interest on him. He deserved it. His attitude in Anfield as a proffesional cannot be questioned. His tally of goals can, of course.

Good luck Nando.

Sabre, mate....

I, and perhaps a few others on here, wouldn't mind hearing how Nando fairs at Valencia next season.  Would you mind updating us every now and again? (Can't get La Liga in my part of the world.)

Normally, I don't care to follow ex-players once they leave the club but Nando's one of those that I hope escapes the "leaving Liverpool" curse and does well.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby deejay-cgt » Thu May 25, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm really sorry for Nando. He was a great player at Madrid and also at Monaco when he went on loan, really wanted to see him succeed at Liverpool. Best of luck to him.

100% agree wish him all the best.

watch him do a forlan score loads
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby redsince2001 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:07 pm

how much worse cud he do ??! :laugh:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Thu May 25, 2006 7:12 pm

pity, I was chuffed to bits when he signed. All the best Nando.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 25, 2006 7:13 pm

Of course I will Bad Bob, but well, he wouldn't be the first one to break that so called "leaving Liverpool" curse, as John Aldridge had a succesful run in my team, with 35 goals in two seasons, most of them in the liga, playing as a lone striker, in a cráp team (at the time).

According to Marca, the fee is somewhere between the 4 M € that Valencia offered, and the 6M € Liverpool asked. Moro costed 9M €.

Accordint to Marca too, the negotiations have been directly between Amadeo Carboni, and Rafa Benitez, and the latter didn't want Di Vaio in the operation, as "he's not the kind of striker we're looking for".
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:14 pm

GOAT wrote:Cisse needs to go now which is bound to happen, and then we can focus on getting 2 class strikers in

Im not so sure rafa's looking to get rid of Cisse just yet. I can only really see one striker coming in.

Really disapointed things didnt work out for Moro, I thought he was gonna be banging them in from everywhere after he scored that stunner against Charlton.

I think the injurys didnt do him any favours, and just didnt settle, even though we did see the little pieces of magic from him.

Kinda sad in a way, read a article where he talked about finally settling into mersyside, saying that he's little girl started to pick up a scouse accent.

I guess the sooner the better for both party's. Well done rafa, you have to be ruthless in football.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Thu May 25, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu May 25, 2006 7:16 pm

Great news for both player and club, All the best Nando.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:16 pm

so we roughly got back half of wat we paid.....thanks for the news sabre.
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 25, 2006 7:18 pm

Well he must have a deal done with someone or else he wouldnt have let Nando go, I wonder who?

Is he Welsh?? :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pablinho » Thu May 25, 2006 7:28 pm

Villa + morientes in Valencia sounds good :)
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Postby Sabre » Thu May 25, 2006 7:30 pm

so we roughly got back half of wat we paid.....thanks for the news sabre.

It's a logic fee, no matter the player you're talking about, a player near the 28 years is more expensive than a player around 30 years. A 5M fee would be reasonable to don't feel it was a bad deal economically, apart from the footballing failure.

Liverpool has get rid of the high wages of Morientes, as Mori would get 6M  :O if he was to stay in Liverpool the rest of his contract. In Valencia he'll het 1,8 M per season, and he's going to sign up for 3 seasons, so we can say he has assured his future, which is nice.

www.as.com, says that the final fee will be the 4M of Valencia, plus incentives depending on the amount of games played, the successes achieved (Champions league, etc) and goals scored.

This is quite an usual way to pay fees nowadays, for instance Liverpool had to pay 2M quid in extras to Real Sociedad, due to his amount of games and the fact Liverpool won the Champions last year.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion