Fernando Morientes - Leaves Liverpool FC for Valencia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:21 pm

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:Best of luck to him, he was a good pro....just didnt work out for him.....hope he does well at valencia....its a pity some people were so negative about him in this forum...compare him with el haj diouf and it cant be justified....lets hope none of the average strikers such as dafoe, johnson or bent are drafted in instead......as for michael owen.....i wudnt be bothered with him either

Well who do you suggest apart from the obvious choices like Eto'o, Ronaldinjo and Shevchenko?
48-1119859832

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Fri May 26, 2006 5:34 pm

0asis wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:Best of luck to him, he was a good pro....just didnt work out for him.....hope he does well at valencia....its a pity some people were so negative about him in this forum...compare him with el haj diouf and it cant be justified....lets hope none of the average strikers such as dafoe, johnson or bent are drafted in instead......as for michael owen.....i wudnt be bothered with him either

Well who do you suggest apart from the obvious choices like Eto'o, Ronaldinjo and Shevchenko?

well he could try and look outside of spain or england for a start....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:

I hear Senegal have some great up and coming strikers....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Fri May 26, 2006 5:55 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:

yeah and while you are at it sean dundee would be going cheap enuf too id say.....but aguero from independiente in argentina might be worth a look
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby tubby » Fri May 26, 2006 6:58 pm

There is a small chance he may return guys.

"Now he is talking to Valencia and if he doesn't reach an agreement it's still possible he'll come back here. But we have an agreement between the clubs and now it's up to Fernando to decide. If he does go we will thank him for his work here."
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:11 pm

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:

Yeah I heard France has some top notch rip offs £27million for Sidney Govou anyone? £33million for Andreas Zikos anyone?
48-1119859832

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 26, 2006 7:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:There is a small chance he may return guys.

"Now he is talking to Valencia and if he doesn't reach an agreement it's still possible he'll come back here. But we have an agreement between the clubs and now it's up to Fernando to decide. If he does go we will thank him for his work here."

Sounds like b0llocks to me.

Were did you find it?
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Fri May 26, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 26, 2006 7:15 pm

Don't thake those cautious comments too seriously. It's common language in those cases. Probably a few details left in Mori contract in Valencia (and with 3 year contract I don't see Mori too prone to complaining) and the natural precautions such as having a full medical exam and all that stuff.

Carboni does well in using that language, but I have no doubts the deal will go through.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 26, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri May 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Sabre wrote:Don't thake those cautious comments too seriously. It's common language in those cases. Probably a few details left in Mori contract in Valencia (and with 3 year contract I don't see Mori too prone to complaining) and the natural precautions such as having a full medical exam and all that stuff.

Carboni does well in using that language, but I have no doubts the deal will go through.

Yeah i see. I just though if the details were so small whyb would they mention it. I guess thats how they do it in Spain.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri May 26, 2006 9:03 pm

oh well, see ya nando
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Fri May 26, 2006 9:45 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
bavlondon wrote:There is a small chance he may return guys.

Sounds like b0llocks to me.

Were did you find it?

Thats from the echo mate, tehy also reported the fee was 3mil and that garcia is going nowhere  :D
Good luck to nando, it just didnt work out for the lad but i wish him luck at valencia where i reckon he will be class. He will get more touches in la liga than in the prem which will suit his style big time and its not as physical. It was a really pity that he didnt shows his true ability at liverpool but form is temporary and class is permanent.  :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri May 26, 2006 10:15 pm

Yeah i see. I just though if the details were so small whyb would they mention it. I guess thats how they do it in Spain.   

Yes mate, in Spain several cases have troubled some teams due to introducing a player before signing up him. If Valencia said he already had a contract signed, just with saying it, Liverpool could sue Valencia to the ordinary justice if Valencia stepped back in the last moment due to, for instance, not being convinced of the med tests they do to the player.

An example of this is a cráp player of my team that was a traitor. He wanted to go to Bilbao, and Bilbao believed the player (the fools) when he told them that he was on a free transfer. And they introduced the player to the press for 3 years. And Real Sociedad sued Bilbao, and they're paying us a minimum of 5 Million Euros on compensation. There's no need to sign up anything, a verbal commitment is just enough to have problems with the justice.

This problems are very scarce and happen every few years, but clubs tend to be very careful around here of introducing players if they have not made all the tests, and have checked all the facts. Spain is different.
:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 26, 2006 10:31 pm

I was so excited when he arrived. He came with such a reputation that I was positive he'd make an impact.

However I have to say that I've rarely been so pleased to see a player leave.

Unbelievable the amount of starts he got, when he usually looked less likely to score than Reina.

Two touch player in a one touch league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby skipper » Sat May 27, 2006 5:01 pm

Shame it didn't work out.

But best of wishes to Nando in his return to Spain.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Sat May 27, 2006 5:08 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:

lol, good one :D  :D  :D
coolsobs

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion