Ferguson backs milan to beat reds - Sour grapes obviously...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 09, 2007 8:31 pm

To be honest his latest comments amused me and they can only help motivate the players (not that they need it). The more the lads get painted as the under-dog the better i reckon.

As for all the mind games rubbish? Let's be honest here, does anyone really believe the players pay the slightest bit of attention to any of it? It's all done for our (and the press) benefit and has absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game(s)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 pm

destro wrote:I love the way Rafa does his interviews he can be really nasty but its almost impossible for reporters to pick up on it, he comes across ( to them ) as someone who gets his words mixed up and has trouble with the language barrier, he knows exactly what hes saying and always has a little wry smile at the end. The small club statement was a fine example of this.

Ferguson has seen off  Maureen , Wenger and Keegan ( i would love it if we beat them ) with his mind games but he knows already that in this canny little spaniard he has met his match, let the games begin i know who will lose their cool first

Rafa master tactition on the field and off it

Hehe, I think you are quite correct.

In my view Rafa speaks in english, but thinks in Spanish all the time.  The greatest improvement of a language skill is one you manage to think in english, rather than making an "internal" translation of your spanish (I'm still working on this).

And the small club and many many other sentences he uses are direct translations.

FWIW, I think Rafa doesn't take too seriously the press, not the Spaniard, not the English one, and he has indeed that irony.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Blimey after they've won the Premiership you'd think Sir Taggart and his band of misfits wouldn't have anything to say about us........
How wrong I was!! :D
Just proves all along how obsessed they are about us.... ???
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 09, 2007 8:57 pm

Scottbot wrote:To be honest his latest comments amused me and they can only help motivate the players (not that they need it). The more the lads get painted as the under-dog the better i reckon.

As for all the mind games rubbish? Let's be honest here, does anyone really believe the players pay the slightest bit of attention to any of it? It's all done for our (and the press) benefit and has absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game(s)

Exactly mate i have the same thinking on it.
I was made up that Milan played such impressive football and beat United so comfortably.

a) Because it was united and them losing is always great, a severe beating in a major tournament just made it all the sweeter.

b) It stops any complacency from our players, fans and obviously the manager.

The press will now label us the underdogs and so will the bookies and that suits me down to the ground. It gives the players extra motivation (not thats its needed anyway) and makes victory if it happens all the sweeter.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed May 09, 2007 9:03 pm

who gives a rats @rse what the red nosed old horse sealer thinks

he will be watchin the game on the box with the rest of the scum :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed May 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Smeg wrote:Horrible old whisky nosed cunt.

these are the only words you need to know whenever you feel the need to reply to anything he said.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby mighty mo » Wed May 09, 2007 9:30 pm

when stevie is picking big ears up in athens, fergie's wine will literally taste of sour grapes hahahah!
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kop On » Wed May 09, 2007 10:30 pm

The source is The S*n so I would take this story very lightly. If Fergie believes Milan will win in two weeks time then that’s his opinion, I don’t understand why people are getting so worked up over something so trivial and unimportant. What’s important is what we do on the night and whether we win or not. Gattuso and Fergie have their opinions it doesn’t matter, what matters is what is done on the pitch, not what is said and done off the pitch.
Kop On

Postby RedBlood » Wed May 09, 2007 10:34 pm

BITTER
simple as that hes not as far off mourinho in arrogance and bitterness than most papers would have you believe
hes a ti.t he's not a great manager he bought his early success then continued it because he got lucky and 5 or 6 world class players came through his youth ranks together, then he comtinued to buy his sucess with massive tranfers

hes over rated and if he was to take over a smaller club he would be found out like he is in europe every year where tatics come into it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Kop On » Wed May 09, 2007 10:41 pm

RedBlood wrote:BITTER
simple as that hes not as far off mourinho in arrogance and bitterness than most papers would have you believe
hes a ti.t he's not a great manager he bought his early success then continued it because he got lucky and 5 or 6 world class players came through his youth ranks together, then he comtinued to buy his sucess with massive tranfers

hes over rated and if he was to take over a smaller club he would be found out like he is in europe every year where tatics come into it

Absolute nonsense, whilst I dislike the man, his record as manager of Aberdeen and Man Utd speaks volumes of his talent as a manager and United earned the right to spend lavishly on players, because they earned the right to with on the pitch performances, people forget that he sent a message of congratulations to Rafa after his first triumph, some people have short memories.
Kop On

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 10, 2007 12:23 am

I think it's good that everyone is discounting our chances.

I like it that way. Makes it more satisfying if we win.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 10, 2007 12:59 am

"Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine," Ferguson added.

That explains the purple nose.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think it's good that everyone is discounting our chances.

I like it that way. Makes it more satisfying if we win.

You forgot to speak in the third person for once!

It should've been:

Manhattan thinks it's good that everyone's disounting our chances.

Manhattan likes it that way. Makes it more satisfying if we win.

:D
Last edited by EddieC on Thu May 10, 2007 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu May 10, 2007 1:13 am

Personally I don't care what he says. Do they not realise by now, slag us off & it spurs us on. With Fergie & Gatusso, all we need now is for a picture to be released of a 9 year old Gary Neville wearing a Milan shirt, and I guarantee you, the final's ours!
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion