Ferguson backs milan to beat reds - Sour grapes obviously...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Wed May 09, 2007 1:50 pm

Isn't this story from the Sun? If so, let's give it the respect it deserves.

However, I think we're all going in for a bit of blinkered thinking here, aren't we? At the beginning of the season, what would you have preferred - the 19th League title or our 6th European Cup? I know what my priority was, the league.

So although SAF's comments might smack of bitterness and a lack of class (AGAIN, IF TRUE) he's got a point - this final is gonna be fantastic, I'm frantically trying to get to Athens, without a ticket, and Istanbul is right up there with the greatest days of my life. But what we're getting excited about is the biggest consolation prize going for a champion club whose current team haven't been good enough to win the Premiership.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 09, 2007 2:04 pm

Yes we wanted the Premiership BUT if you offered Liverpool OR manc fans a Champions League both would take it. It's not the worst consolation prize. fergie either has to be a complete bore if he's seeking more league titles OR he desperately wants a second Champions League fluke to add to the other one. I think he badly wants that second Champions League title and any comments would be blinded by bitterness.

If someone offered fergie an actual (as opposed to theoretical) either/or where he could have his nth league title in 15 years or a 2nd Champions League title he'd take the latter I'm sure. Liverpool fans would probably take the 19th league title undoubtedly but we were out of contention for that way back in the first few months of the season. fergie has only recently capitulated in Europe, makes me certain it is jealousy driven bitterness
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Wed May 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Owzat wrote:Yes we wanted the Premiership BUT if you offered Liverpool OR manc fans a Champions League both would take it. It's not the worst consolation prize. fergie either has to be a complete bore if he's seeking more league titles OR he desperately wants a second Champions League fluke to add to the other one. I think he badly wants that second Champions League title and any comments would be blinded by bitterness.

If someone offered fergie an actual (as opposed to theoretical) either/or where he could have his nth league title in 15 years or a 2nd Champions League title he'd take the latter I'm sure. Liverpool fans would probably take the 19th league title undoubtedly but we were out of contention for that way back in the first few months of the season. fergie has only recently capitulated in Europe, makes me certain it is jealousy driven bitterness

I agree. And it's not the worst consolation prize - like i said Owzat, it's the biggest. But mixed in with SAF's inevitable bitterness is a grain of truth
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:12 pm

some of us are sounding very bitter. after cheatski won the prem the last 2 years everyone knew they wanted to take it back. of course tho he is bitter as well that we are doing better in europe than him but lets not delude ourselves that hes gutted with just the premiership title which most of us would give our right bollock for.

he is a major nob tho
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:22 pm

I am not in the least bit surprised that he has said this, i expected nothing less. I hate him and his team, as he does us.

Someone mentioned underachieving, no way, if anything they have overachieved, before the prem the :censored: were behind clubs like forest, spurs, asnl and even neverton, even back then they were still the bigger spenders.

FAO Sabre, he has said things about LFC for years, i have no idea how long you have followed Liverpool, but he had problems with Kenny, Souness and even Houllier, it's just that we have not competed with them for 5 years that he is quiet.

The thing that is churning his stomach is that after 21 years, he is nowhere near our European record, and can see that soon Rafa will win the league, while he will be retiring shortly.

He has even disrespected Milan, he thinks that was the best performance in their history!!! Oh, to beat them you have to have played out of your skin, had a rabbits foot shoved in your jockstrap and obviously face a tired scum. I can remeber milan winning 4 nil against Barca in CL final, not a bad performance you paranoid fool.
People say he was magnanimous in defeat but he wasn't, it was a backhanded compliment.

He knows that on the world stage he will be remembered as distinctly average, especially if Rafa wins it twice in 3 years.
Its only in the kiss as5 press of the UK where we are told he is the best manager ever.

Im sure that Rafa and the boys have a reply ready for him on 23/5/07.

PS Can everyone stop mentioning that rag.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Wed May 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Had to have a laugh...... acting more and more like Mourinho all the time. 

Maybe try using Benitez as a model if you ever want to have any class.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:28 pm

Espionage wrote:Had to have a laugh...... acting more and more like Mourinho all the time. 

Maybe try using Benitez as a model if you ever want to have any class.

He has always been like maureen, they are both jealous, paranoid fools.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed May 09, 2007 2:28 pm

Hey redtrader, thanks for the insight. I'm a fan from long ago, Aldo's times, but how closely I've followed Liverpool depended on the years. All the Liverpool games were shown for free in the Basque TV back then, and I watched all lfc games. But then the digital era came, and that disappeared, so I followed liverpool only in the press and whenever I could grab a match somewhere :(  (I hadn't the money to afford the expensive sat tv when student)

As you can imagine, the chatters between coachs etc, do not reach to Spain, and even the Hillsborough tragedy, reached the Spanish shores very biased :angry: they blamed the hooligans. Fortunately now, I'm catching up thanks to insight like yours. Be patient with me mate, I'm an utter ignorant in so many things, that's why I keep learning. :p

Thanks again.

P.S. As for the underachiever comment, that's Spanish belittling of an archenemy not to be taken too literally, I say often to barcelona friends they're underachievers compared to LFC because they have 2 cups, and LFC has 5... of course I know their record. Hopefully I'll be saying "6 is three times two, LFC is 3 times bigger" to them  :nod
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 09, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:29 pm

I dont see what everybodies wound up about, personally I wouldnt of expected anything less.

His comments do not bother me in the slightest.  :talktothehand
66-1112520797

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I dont see what everybodies wound up about, personally I wouldnt of expected anything less.

His comments do not bother me in the slightest.  :talktothehand

best way to be, some people on here are sounding bitter. lets just win the fecker and show fergie number 6
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 09, 2007 2:41 pm

stmichael wrote:
"carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine..... but you know me i'd drink the dregs out of a dirty ashtray" Ferguson said.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yeah, I'm pretty certain Fergie got that bottle of wine down his neck as soon as he had the chance. And he never specified what type of wine it was. Special offer 2 for 1 down Tesco's I'd reckon.

Well, anyway, it is sour grapes in more ways than one, then. May the cork on that bottle never break the seal and that wine becomes a vintage.

And all the talk in the press about Fergie saying that the Premiership was his priority all along. What a load of cock-a-doodle bullfuck!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:45 pm

Stopped reading when I saw Fergie said to the S*n. As far as I'm concerend this shouldn't haven't even have been posted on here for that reason alone! :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed May 09, 2007 3:03 pm

zarababe wrote:Fergies obsessed with it, so is Wenger and Mourinhio

and Rafa - well he can just gloat:  :D  :laugh:

:D  :laugh:

I heard ferguson dances when listening to the song "Fergulicious"
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Wed May 09, 2007 3:36 pm

did`nt he say that in 2005 ???
SuperScouser

Postby thegreedo » Wed May 09, 2007 3:37 pm

stmichael wrote:
"carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine."

It probably wasn't wine at all but a bottle of balsamic, when your pallet has been ruined by years of alcohol abuse you generally don't have a clue what you're drinking!!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion