Fecking bbc 2005 tv awards - Unbelievable

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:48 pm

The BBC 2005 tv Awards are on tv now..........

We were up for best TV moment in may/june........
did we win,did we :censored:.......

Doctor :censored: Who won it...........how :censored: unbelievable is that   :angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:53 pm

probably because the final wasnt on BBC
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:11 am

just wanna say ,im posting using ma PSP from ma m8s house .happy new year! :p
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:14 am

yeah and on top of that LFC didnt even get a mention in the new years honours list either. cant say i`m @rse.d about it in fact quite the opposite but it goes to prove what most scousers suspected for years that the establishment of this country dont like us very much to say the least.
apparently every member of the cricket team got an award and even some of the kit men and administrators, not to mention a womens footballer called rachel yankey, now i`m not saying rachel whoever she may be doesnt deserve recognition but surely the captain of the side that has reached the pinnacle in club football in the most popular and competative sport on the face of this planet should at least get a mention. cl.u.ck.ing bell, those rower types from eton would get a knighthood for rowing around stanley park lake twice without sinking in a :censored: awl boat.
if benitez was managing united or a london club it would be arise sir rafa quicker than you can say glory glory man united.
to be honest after bob paisley was overlooked, (a man who not only won countless trophys but also fought bravely for his country in an armoured regiment during ww2, not to mention conducted himself with dignity without raging at anyone unlike some other knights of the realm i could mention) any attempt at giving stevie g a mbe or something would be trite anyway.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:40 am

yeah I agree, I couldn't care less for the queen's new year's honours.  It always pleases me whenever someone has the courage to turn down the honour given
Jari's mullet

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:35 pm

its amazing though isn't it. Clough wins european cup twice with a small club, paisley and fagan do it with this great club and yet because these men get nothing. Yet a whisky nosed jock who likes a gamble and the horses gets knighted, for a fluke win in 99 with some golden balls.

i cant stand this country, people will say that footballers back then didn't get knighted, (fair cop) but cloughie was around when whisky nose got his couldn't he have been given one and paisley should be honoured even now he has passed away.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:03 pm

The fact is that none of our winning team got any awards from the queen. But you can bet your house that chelski would have got some if they'd have won the CL.

Shunted by the Southerners Again :angry:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:22 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:The fact is that none of our winning team got any awards from the queen. But you can bet your house that chelski would have got some if they'd have won the CL.

it was all over the front of the liverpool echo yesterday, the paper seen its @rse big time

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:26 pm

I reckon because of all the fuss that is being made by disgruntled fans that they will be honoured in the next lot.  It would please me if they snubbed the queen, she isn't bigger than Liverpool Football Club! :D
Jari's mullet

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:33 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:The fact is that none of our winning team got any awards from the queen. But you can bet your house that chelski would have got some if they'd have won the CL.

it was all over the front of the liverpool echo yesterday, the paper seen its @rse big time

John Aldridge was having a rant about it on the radio yesterday aswell. But its true we never get recognised for out achievement here in the north-west. Wherther it be sport or just general.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:37 pm

Jari's mullet wrote:I reckon because of all the fuss that is being made by disgruntled fans that they will be honoured in the next lot.  It would please me if they snubbed the queen, she isn't bigger than Liverpool Football Club! :D

considering the monachy has been around for centuries you might find that comment abit far of the mark.........but i know where your coming from  :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:39 pm

The Liverpool lads brought more glory in Istanbul than the cricketers could do with a hundred ashes wins.No prize in cricket has the same worldwide prestige as a European Cup win.I know Rafa and most of the team are foreign and dont qualify for these things...but Steve Gerrard as captain should get some sort of award as a representative of the team.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:42 pm

To be honest i expected Stevie and Jamie to get at least a MBE
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lil_Livi » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:31 pm

Who the f*** voted for these awards anyway? They said that the public did but i dont bellieve that. 
I turned over when we didnt get that award.  :veryangry

:buttrock
Lil_Livi

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Lil_Livi wrote:Who the f*** voted for these awards anyway? They said that the public did but i dont bellieve that. 
I turned over when we didnt get that award.  :veryangry

:buttrock

The public i.e. chelski fans
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion