Fan @ newcastle game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 8:48 am

I used to have a season ticket in the Kop until this season, I haven't sat anywhere else in the ground for about 7 years, until this weekend, my mate got 2 free tickets from Crown Paints and gave me one, were in the main stand right near the Newcastle fans, I warned my mate that N'Castle fans are crazy but they completely drowned us out all game.

I just couldn't believe how quiet Anfield was, it was suppose to be the last game of the season and the place was dead, apart from when we scored which only lasted for about 5 mins, they even started singin 'your not famous anymore' and that didn't even get us going.

Anfield needs to get it's voice back!  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 17, 2004 9:01 am

Your right, the lack of vocal support for the last game of the season was a fking disgrace :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am

It got to the point where when we did sing the N'Castle fans were clapping up, and then it went quiet again after 20 secs of singing.  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am

I was in the Anny road lower mate and the attmosphere was sh**e no surpize there.  My verdict on the attmosphere at Anfiled, is when the grounds full offf wools from far and beyond the attmosphere will allways be ******.  The wools sing the odd song and even when they do sing they sing wrong ****** words.  STEVIE HIGHWAY ON THE WING were did that come from you soft c**ts, its WE HAD.  But never mind.  It was as if I was the only scouser in the anny road and it makes me sick.

You wnna buy a combine harvester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:51 am

Having been to all of the home games this season, I have to say that although   ****** E, that was the loudest I have heard Anfield this season for a weekend game. And I will reiterate Murphy's reasoning. Wools.

Midweek and European games have had best atmospheres, and the reason is that they have had a lot less wools in attendance cus they wont travel unless they have all afternoon to get home. Work commitments, or call it what you like but there are less scousers at the game of a weekend. Less scousers = less vocal support . End of.

Now you can all come on here and defend your right to follow Liverpool, and I know Murphy and indeed myself will not oppose your veiws. However the fact of the matter is non scousers do not sing, and when they do try, like after a goal they get the   f u c k i n  words all wrong and dont know the tune.

Now before all the non Liverpool based supporters start slating us, if you are reading this and live in Liverpool, (ie your a scouser) Please voice your support to this notion. Let the others on this forum know that this is the case.

Again I say dont come on and post   C R A P   about your right to support LFC from afar, that is not the issue, the issue is the atmosphere, or lack of it, and not wether scousers have more rights to follow than non scousers.

Wools who travel to the game and support, well done but try to learn the songs for fuks sake.

HELLO PEOPLE, THERE ARE TWO CHORUS' OF YNWA BEFORE WE CLAP, NOT ONE.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 10:12 am

I'm from cheshire and I have to agree with a lot of what Leon and Murphy say, not all non scousers are silent but most of them don't know anyword to the song and it makes me laugh how many people only sing the chorus to YNWA, quite sad really   :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon May 17, 2004 11:01 am

I live outside of Liverpool, go to the games when I can. I know how to sing ynwa, I always try to get behind the players and chant taunts to the opposition. I don't see the problem. Either I'm the odd one out or you are just talking ****** leon.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 11:05 am

As I said I don't think what Leon and Murphy are saying applies to all non scousers just some of them.

I can see what their saying cos I was born in Crewe but only me and my sister are the non scousers in out family (well one of my cousins is from Widnes), I have been going to the games since I was about 4 and spent most of my childhood in Liverpool so I feel more scouse than 'woolie'.

Oh and technically a 'woolie back' is someone from Warrington  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 17, 2004 11:10 am

Hear Hear Leon/Murphy/Paul C....

It does annoyed me that it is quiet around in Anfield Road, a lot of people told me that, so it is about time to teach non-Liverpudian to learn about our songs, or they should go to library to find the books about songs of Liverpool FC.

They should know about our songs....

"The reds are coming up the hill!"

"We are live in a red and white kop"
(To the tune of 'yellow submarine')

"Red river valley"

"On a Saturday afternoon"

We need a lot of noises all around in Anfield, so prepare for next season!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:15 am

Technically a "woolie back" is a farmer... from st helens, lancashsire or yorkshire. :)

I agree with Leon an Murphy whole-heartedly. All the wools and "oots" (out of towners) do is slag and birate the team. I've never heard any of them sing, i've never known any of them to get behind the team at all and none of them sing YNWA either.

It wrecks head.

If you aren't gonna sing and back the team ****** off!! :)
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 17, 2004 11:22 am

I remember when I was in Kop, there were a strange accent behind me, he never sing and only shouted at Heskey all the time, he moan all the time. It is p1ssing me off, I asked him, where you from...he's from Hampshire and asked him again do you know any different songs of Liverpool, he said no! Fecking 'ell!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 11:50 am

As I said I was in the main stand on Saturday and when the lads left the field at 0-1 down I heard a load of boo's, I couldn't help but shout "f%ck off", I got a load of funny looks of people but even if you don't agree with whats going on at Anfield you shouldn't boo the team/manager cos that will just dent their confidence even more  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:57 am

ive never booed liverpool, it just isnt donw. ive shouted the odd remark to the odd player tho ;)
the good thing about liverpool is im sure they knwo what it means to the fans whenever they put on the colours of the 'pool (look at stevie g! last game before euro 2004, means nothing, mayeb take it easy? maybe dont get injured? no chance, hes in there, man od match as always!)

we need more cheering and singing and we need anfield to be the fortress it once was
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 17, 2004 12:00 pm

i think the main problem this season has been the fans have had very little to shout about to be honest. hopefully, champions league football will change this next season. the uefa cup just wasn't the same. i was at the marseille game and i though we were the away fans. we need to get back to atmospheres like the roma game a few seasons ago. that was frightening. :;):
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 17, 2004 1:06 pm

stmichael wrote:i think the main problem this season has been the fans have had very little to shout about to be honest. hopefully, champions league football will change this next season. the uefa cup just wasn't the same. i was at the marseille game and i though we were the away fans. we need to get back to atmospheres like the roma game a few seasons ago. that was frightening. :;):

You dont need to have something to shout about. The fact that you are lucky enough to have been born red is enough.

Glory hunters need something to shout sbout. That is a ****** e excuse.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion