False promise - Back down to earth

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:36 pm

Come on, guys, it is only the first game and an away game. Cisse needs some time to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Premiership.

The main worry is the lack of a creative CM and a true RM/RW. Finnan gave the ball away far too easily. And Dudek gets beaten at the nearside a bit too often for my likeing. He is a good shot stopper but has to improve his near side covering.

I thought we passed and moved a lot better but got a bit tired in the second half. Should improve with more games and players getting fitter.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:50 pm

bad news Reds eye Wiltord  Wright-Phillips commits to City  can it get any worst
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:58 pm

Mo was gona sign a 2 year contract for us last week wasnt he dont think SWP will wana stay with a team that was nearly relegated last season come to raffa shaun u know it makes sense :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cisse2bking » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:41 pm

We def need a creative midfielder poss on the right just to link everyone together. Someone who plays with the same style as Ronaldo for Man.u,someone not worried about going arond a player (or 2).We need to give cissa and baros better service, all they got today were high balls and baros is not even gonna bother with those.

RB needs to get out shopping i think ???? ???? ??? This would solve most of our attacking problems.

We have two of the best strikers in the country we just need someone who can produce a bit of quality for them!! ???
Cisse2bking

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:35 pm

1-1 what can you say lets be honest, dudek beaten far to often at the near post,kirkland in,riise,hyipa,josemi fine, carra as much as i like him we need a cb, kewell,gerrard fine rw cm needed, baros pongo cisse great but we still need a cf , if we dont fill the gaps we are not getting in the top 4 this season.                     
                               kirkland
josime        ayala                   hypia             riise

garca         gerrard                alonso            kewell

baros                 cisse

subs    pongo, cf , carra ,henchoz, dudek cm def etc

sell     smicer,biscan hamman dioaf dioa

Sell Hamann? Are you stupid?
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:44 pm

I think he is
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedorDead » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:32 pm

Any thoughts on the Wiltord report? I think it'd be a decent signing, especially if he was cheap...he is a proven striker, quick and I think he'd be a great 3rd striker, might even push baros for an all french partnership with Cisse. as for SWP - he is gonna sign with Man City, he has apparently been given a huge wage rise and players love working under Keegan and they should to be honest stay up easily and wit their new ground I don't know why he'd be desperate to leave...I mean the chance of playing for us has to be tempting but I think he'll sign for City.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:47 am

RedorDead wrote:Any thoughts on the Wiltord report? I think it'd be a decent signing, especially if he was cheap...he is a proven striker, quick and I think he'd be a great 3rd striker, might even push baros for an all french partnership with Cisse. as for SWP - he is gonna sign with Man City, he has apparently been given a huge wage rise and players love working under Keegan and they should to be honest stay up easily and wit their new ground I don't know why he'd be desperate to leave...I mean the chance of playing for us has to be tempting but I think he'll sign for City.

He probably will. I think Rafa is going to get the players that we need from Spain.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:57 am

Wiltord is a non starter as far as I am concerned. Couldn't shine in a  far better team (Arsenal) than LFC at present so what makes anyone believe he wil do it at Anfield ? ???

Today was neither pleasing or disappointing. We domianated when going forward but resorted to defensive mentality after the break and let Spurs back in it (where have we seen that before ? ).

Spurs usually beat us at White Hart lane so a points not so bad. Of course we could and pheraps should have won but a decent start with several players in out of neseccity at present i.e. Finnon at Right Mid, Carra at centre Back.... They didn't let anyone down but I was a little disappointed with baros who looked out of sorts and pretty clueless at times.

We will bounce back next week against city and get the 3 points. Can't wait to welcome Benitez to his first home game :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wendi Richter » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:39 am

2 things

1. What we need is fairly obvious. Has been for ages. At a guess if it is obvious to us it is to benetez as well.

2. I very much doubt Benetez would have cut the squad so severly before he had any replacements of equal or better quality nailed on. That would be foolish in the extreme and he doesnt strike me as foolish.
I need a leg, I buy a leg. Not a lamp.
Wendi Richter

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:06 am

Getting Wiltord might not be too bad considering that he will be a free signing. I remembered he was deadly in France (Bordeaux) before joining Arsenal. We definately need to give Baros some serious competition (and also quality service judging from yesterday's performance).
SWP...I don't know. I would rather Malbranque.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion