Fabricio coloccini - still hopeful

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:57 am

This from Skysports:

Liverpool target Xabi Alonso has revealed that Rafa Benitez has played a big part in persuading him to move to England.

Alonso is set to seal a move to Anfield later this week after his club Real Sociedad agreed a deal with Liverpool.

The Spanish international is excited at the prospect of working alongside Benitez and believes he can help Liverpool become serious challengers for the title this season.

"Not only is Benitez a great coach, he is a master of psychology. He can make the players become friends and he can help them perform to a higher level," said Alonso.

"This is how he enabled Valencia to triumph in La Liga.

"I believe under Benitez our work will be excellent. I am convinced that this season The Reds can be considered to win the championship."

The 22-year-old admitted he snubbed Real Madrid to move to Liverpool and that it is a dream come true for him to play for The Reds.

"Liverpool are one of those clubs that any player always dreams about playing for.

"It is sad that I will not be in the same team as Michael Owen but sometimes things change in life and the future is still positive.

"When it came down to a choice between Madrid and Liverpool I chose Liverpool.

"They are the club that showed the biggest interest in me."

Meanwhile, Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini claims Liverpool are still keen on luring him to England.

The Milan defender claimed his agent had held talks with Liverpool officials last month while he was playing in the Copa America and he suggests they are still interested in him.

"I have heard that Liverpool still want to sign me. I hope this can happen as Liverpool are a very big club," said Coloccini.

We'd have some team if this happened!!!  Hopefully soon tho as we're running out of time.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:04 pm

what happened to the collocini interest? it was building up steam and then just disappeared. ???

just read on another website though that inter are willing to sell fabio cannavaro for about 7-8m. imagine him alongside hyypia. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:07 pm

Ummmmm...... and Riise & Josemi!!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:07 pm

would prefer coloccini as he is young and Cannavaro is now nearly 31 and is coming to the end of his career, that being said he is sill a quality centre half, but coloccini would cost half of what cannavaro would.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:47 pm

I really hope we get Coloccini. All credit to Carra but we do need a real calss CH with a bit of pace.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:59 pm

When I saw him play for Argentina in the Copa America he played right back ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion