FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_guy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Welcome back Fabio!!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:and maybe use Aurelio more as a LM. His best qualities are after all going forward.

A full-back whose "best qualities" are "going forward" and isn't good enough defensively isn't good enough full-stop. Just because he's better going forward than defending doesn't make him a LM
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 pm

He is pretty damn good defensively as well - its a bit of a myth imo that he is only good going forward . But once again its another freebie on someone who has injury probs
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:53 pm

I hear Jocky Hansen´s still in shape as well..........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 am

Benny The Noon wrote:He is pretty damn good defensively as well - its a bit of a myth imo that he is only good going forward .

Not good enough defensively. I mean by suggesting Aurelio is good enough defensively, you may as well say N'Gog is good enough up front, El Zhar is good enough full stop, Kuyt is the best winger in the world and Lucas is good enough in midfield.

I mean why not, you've lowered the bar pretty damned low if Aurelio is good enough defensively..........................

EDIT : Oh and he's not that great going forward, the fact is he's just another Riise except we got more games out of Riise.
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:24 am

I think Aurelio is a good pro, slightly under used by Benitez though as we all know injury prone.

No issues with him staying and if the new medical staff can keep him fit it's a bonus him being back with us.

I still hope Insua gets sold and we bring in another quality left back.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:32 am

Johnny Boy wrote:No issues with him staying and if the new medical staff can keep him fit it's a bonus him being back with us.

"No issues" with re-signing a player you go on to concede it would be a bonus to keep fit?!?!? What is he, a mascot?!? I want players that are fit and don't miss many games, Aurelio is a player who we invest time and money in getting fit and never know how long it will last. His games played record over the past four seasons is not clever, unless it radically improves which is unlikely then he's not even much in the way of back-up
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 pm

complete garbage. what a waste of space really. anyone has any idea what's the most number of games he has played consecutively without getting injured? ???  i don't care about potential or how good he can be when fit considering the fact that he is rarely fit to begin with.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:11 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:complete garbage. what a waste of space really. anyone has any idea what's the most number of games he has played consecutively without getting injured? ???  i don't care about potential or how good he can be when fit considering the fact that he is rarely fit to begin with.

I think its unfair to slate a good loyal servant to the club in this way. Fabio has been very unlucky with injuries, but he is a class act when fit. Unfortunately that is not often enough but i will never forget the free kick in the CL v Chavski..

He did his hammy yesterday and this happens to all players.. I just wish he was more robust but he has a role to play.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:complete garbage. what a waste of space really. anyone has any idea what's the most number of games he has played consecutively without getting injured? ???  i don't care about potential or how good he can be when fit considering the fact that he is rarely fit to begin with.

I think its unfair to slate a good loyal servant to the club in this way. Fabio has been very unlucky with injuries, but he is a class act when fit. Unfortunately that is not often enough but i will never forget the free kick in the CL v Chavski..

He did his hammy yesterday and this happens to all players.. I just wish he was more robust but he has a role to play.

thats the thing that frustrates me the most - we don't see him enough.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:

???  So that is why he is garbage. Idiotic statement!
:no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 pm

One of those players that his body just can't support the stress of physical play...We won't see him next season. I fear that Agger is walking in his shoes as well ,which is a real tragedy as he has so much football in him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:02 pm

he isn't garbage, just too injury prone.

when fit he is a quality player, unfortunately he is never fit
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 pm

only me wrote:One of those players that his body just can't support the stress of physical play...We won't see him next season. I fear that Agger is walking in his shoes as well ,which is a real tragedy as he has so much football in him.

Agree...think Aurelio will be released in the summer and I am increasingly worried that Agger will fail to put a good run of games together without picking up a serious injury...some players seem to be prone to injury on a regular basis
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:10 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:

Think you have worded it wrong mate.

Everyone knows he is not garbage and is a very good player when fit.

But we will all agree that is nowhere near enough.
We desperately need someone new for next season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion