Fa to take action on players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:47 pm

It seems that FA might look into the bust up from yesterday, Crouch has already been punished with a yellow card so it will probably be Gerrard or Shearer at risk if FA do look into it, heres the article:

LIVERPOOL, England (AFP) - Liverpool striker Peter Crouch and midfielder Steven Gerrard could both have action taken against them by the Football Association (FA) after Michael Owen's return to Anfield descended into an ugly brawl.

Crouch and Gerrard both scored in a 2-0 win over Newcastle United as the European champions clocked up an eighth successive league win here Monday.

But the pair were later involved in a flair-up after Lee Bowyer's illegal challenge on Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso earned the Newcastle midfielder his fourth red card in 12 months.

Referee Mark Halsey let Gerrard off the hook after he confronted and then shoved Alan Shearer as the match exploded after half-time.

Meanwhile Crouch escaped with a yellow card after pushing Bowyer to the floor as Alonso withered around in agony.

The FA could now step in and investigate the ugly incident which marred a deserved win for Liverpool who put their FIFA Club World Championship final defeat behind them with a convincing performance.

"It was a dangerous tackle," said Gerrard, referring to Bowyer's sending-off. "I'm not sure if it was a straight red. Maybe a yellow would have been more sensible.

"I'm not proud of what I did but it was all handbags," the England international added after a win that left Liverpool third ahead of Wednesday's Merseyside derby away to Everton.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez insisted he did not see the incident while Newcastle's Graeme Souness also said he missed it - even though it took place right in front of the dug outs where the two managers were sat.

"I'm not fudging the issue but I didn't see it," said Souness. "You are always risking it if you launch yourself into a tackle like that.

"But I'm told by those sitting alongside me that there should have been more than one red card dished out."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:49 pm

I said yesterday when it happened on the Liverpool v Newcastle thread i could see it happening.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:57 pm

For fecks sake i wondered how long these jobs worths would spout off, This was fecking handbags but these :censored: in the fa will do anything to cause uproar. If anything club will be fined an ammount with the Geordies for not being able to control there players. Even though the thug bowyer caused it all and alonso could have broken his leg.Whats this game coming to.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:58 pm

iv Stevie gets a punished i think its only fair,he did go running in like a mad man and he was the first to admit that after the game, i tell you what was funny wen jamie walked over to sheara talkin to the ref listend then told him to :censored: off classic tv
kopite_1232002

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:00 pm

did no one else notice the genius schoolboy trip by finnan?
nothing will happen. after the madness of some other games both clubs will geta  warning at most. it was hardly a smack, even stevie g just called it hand bags. so we can chill
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:02 pm

I don't think so .... If Essien can get away with punch on face ( Gunners vs Cheshit ). This is nothing ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:18 pm

Yes but thats Chelsea, they've been getting away with loads of shit in the past two  years.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:19 pm

That was funny the way Bowyer went down when Crouch pushed him though :D
82-1074641017

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:did no one else notice the genius schoolboy trip by finnan?
nothing will happen. after the madness of some other games both clubs will geta  warning at most. it was hardly a smack, even stevie g just called it hand bags. so we can chill

yer the trip by finnan  :D  crouch pushes bowyer and finnan stick his leg behind bowyer and he fell over  :laugh:

I loved the moment when stevie g pushed shearer  :laugh:

i hate shearer  :angry:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:50 pm

Roberts wrote:That was funny the way Bowyer went down when Crouch pushed him though :D

nice sig roberts! tjames  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:51 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
dawson99 wrote:did no one else notice the genius schoolboy trip by finnan?

yer the trip by finnan  :D  crouch pushes bowyer and finnan stick his leg behind bowyer and he fell over  :laugh:

I loved the moment when stevie g pushed shearer  :laugh:

i hate shearer  :angry:

I missed the Finnan trip  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:58 pm

Finnan's trip had me in tear's laughing, no one I watched the game with seem to have noticed it either!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:35 pm

Well maybe Crouch should have seen red but quite frankly you see this kind of thing all too often and yellows all round would have sufficed. Bowyer's challenge wasn't clever yet I've read in various sources that it was "harsh" ! Fookin' hell, are we really a society that can no longer see what is in front of us? It was a dangerous tackle regardless of actual outcome and the sad thing is only once in a while will it get a red card
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:02 pm

Hand bags all of it but Crouchy is the least likley guy i would think to be first into a fight but fair play to him looks like th elad has some balls on him i mean bowyer is a dirty C U N T is int he ?
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:26 am

When gerrard came flying in to smash the lot of them was the best! great leader!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion