F.a.=f*cking ******

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:50 pm

I am really starting to hate the FA after every game, because the refs make unbelieavable calls.

Southampton vs. Blackburn
-the game should had ended in a draw but a penalty was given to Southampton at the very last minute. The cameras showed that it was no where near a penalty

Manchester vs. Blackburn
-Blackburn is cursed, once again a bad call made towards them. A handball by Saha to Smith and a equalizer at the very last minute. If it was Arsenal player Manchester that goal would had been declined but because Blackburn is not as big of a club as Manchester they were cheated out of their clear victory.

Liverpool vs. Tottenham
-Gerrard was pulled by his jersey in the box and no penalty was given.

Liverpool vs. Manchester City
-Another penalty for LFC should had been given but it wasn't.

This is starting to get on my nerves, there is no fairness in the FA. If this was in the US [Im not an American but I like their system as far as sports goes] todays game would had been
1)declined, a new game would had been played on a different day
2)the goal wouldn't had been declined
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:56 pm

There is no dis-agreeing with you mate.  Thing is they are full-time professionals now, so when they fook up harde sanctions should be brought in to punish ref/linesman mistakes.

I can think of a perfect punishment for todays linesman :angry:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:03 pm

beheading would be a great punishment or take their vision away. They can punish the refs but that still wont change the loss to the club
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 am

Just thought id let ya know A.B. that F.a. are watching refs so hopefully they'll be on guard as to whats happened to andy durso :D
LONDON (Reuters) -- The English Premier League has suspended referee Andy D'Urso for 28 days for failing to send off a player after booking him twice during a match, the BBC reported on Wednesday.

D'Urso showed Blackburn Rovers midfielder Barry Ferguson two yellow cards during a game against Southampton on August 21 but did not follow up with the mandatory red one, allowing the player to finish the match.

D'Urso's suspension runs from August 27-September 23.
:laugh:
Same as our game with Graz ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:55 am

then maybe we should not watch football anymore for the rest of our life
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:23 am

A.B youre spot on mate, some of the decisions being made by refs this season have been pathetic to say the least.
Players get punished for mistakes and so do managers so why dont referees......If the Fa were to just bring in bans for refs who fail to give blatant pens or sendings off, it would improve the refereering no doubt as they know they have to ref at a good standard or face a ban or the boot.
If games were being handled with good linesmen and refs we would have had 2 wins and a draw.....God i sound like Houllier!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:02 am

If any of you are old enough, we used to get these kind of accusations during our glory years, I remember in the late 80s that it was said by oppositionb defenders that Liverpool always get dubious decisions in the pelanty area or in front of the Kop. But that was before the era of 'jumpers' or 'actors'.

However, today there is much more injustice against us as some blatant going-ons by the opposition were never awarded in Liverpool's favour. The pro refs should get punished more than by suspension alone.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:31 pm

How about that yellow card to Jermain Defoe? He made some brilliant moves just outside the front of the box, drew like 4 defenders, and was about to pass when he was tripped, but oh wait "he's a diver" and gets a yellow card.  BULLSH|T
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:34 pm

A.B.
Hate to burst your bubble but no such thing happens in the US.  In the MLS, the ref mistakes have just as much impact and permanence as they do here.  In American football, though, we've got Replay.  If a ref makes a questionable call, the team on the losing end of the call can ask for the head ref to take a few minutes to look over the video of the play.  If he sees enough evidence to overturn the call, he does.  On the bad side, this interfere terribly with the flow of play.  On the good side, there are fewer catastrophic errors on the parts of the referees.  In soccer I'd think that such a procedure would screw up the game far more than it'd be worth.  All you can really hope for is that the FA crack down on their idiots, I guess.
cptrios

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion