External pressure - In view of wc from spain and england

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby African-red » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 am

I haven't written in a long time but I am just gutted at the way LFC has performed this season. Many hypothesis for the reason why that's the case are being made on here. I want to add to the list.
Torres and Gerrard clearly need surgery on their injuries and we have being mending them instead. It's not helping the club and neither the players. Is there a possibility of pressure on the manager not to go ahead with the ops in view of the WC2010 from the players respective football national powers? The players themselves are playing very cautiosly so not to aggravate their injuries because of wainting to play in the WC and this has affected the morale of all the players around them. After the WC they will be back but straight for ops to the detriment or slow start to our season. Even Gerrard and Torres (our best players) are under immense pressure, I assume, from their national teams. It is a very precarious. And then the owners... don't want to go there my BP levels will rise.
Benitez as stubborn as he may be may not be the sole reason our season as progressed this way.

I am almost certain that Rodriguez will a good addition because his place at WC is at stake and I would have wanted us to buy some quality players who for some reason are not playing regularly at club level whose countries are going to WC and have their place in the national squad at stake.
African-red

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 am

The players themselves should be looking to the long run ie past the world cup. So if both are thinking straight they will have the op at the end of the season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm

I dont think it's up to them to decide if they can go for the op now or not.
shawnk

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 pm

tell you what - FUK the world cup.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:54 pm

At the end of the day when it comes to injuries, players are not chess pawns, and they have the last word in the major decissions. A player with pain, if he doesn't want to play, he doesn't play.

For this matters I can't help to realise that the ones who pay the daily wages are the club. So in this case, as always, the club+the player have to decide the player's best interest, whatever they write in Madrid.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Lee J wrote:tell you what - FUK the world cup.

definitely this  :nod
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion