Expensive ******

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby steveo_05 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:51 pm

This is a post kind of in a reply to alan hansen's comments, what we liverpool fans have to understand is that liverpool is probably the most frustrating team in the world to support, and expensive mistakes like 'dioufy' dont help! He was a £10+m waste of money that could have gone into another xavi alsonso! players like diao and biscan, apparently another £10m worth of talent could have been used to buy two quick, quality full backs that would have eliminated our current problem of pace at the back. I know it is a could of's but i think liverpool FC have been dealt come harsh cards over the past years but with time rafa will make it good and we will be pressing for titles! As we have a young side riddled with great potential (i.e. kirkland, risse, garcia, alonso baros), a quality manager, and a generous board = future success!
steveo_05

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:55 pm

last night on youreonskysports the point was made again that we havent got the money to contend with the big boys of the rpesmiership. i kind of agree with that but we would have had a lot more money if we hadnt brought so badly under houllier.
We need to be careful with our buys tho. if the scum or chelski have a bad signing, they can just tr again, we have to live with what we do a lot more than they do.
I think that with rafa we can get our good buys (happy so far overall, especially with carson, shows he doesnt just go to la liga) but we have to be honest that unless we stay imjury free we will always struggle against the money kings
(alonso out for the season, cisse out for season, injured: pongolle, gerrard kinda, kewell, smicer, etc etc)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:58 pm

alan hansen did make some good points , the thing is that he is old school liverpool and we have moved on , yes i am in a lot of ways old school liverpool and do find it hard to come to terms with how the club is being run rght now and who the manager is , they are my prob and its me thats that has to go to terms with that but i am finding it hard.
i dont feel that is stevie leaves than that will be the end of livepool , not many teams can keep a player as good as him at the club unless they win a lot of trophies.
i do feel that the next few games are all must win games and we will still have a make shift team but thats the way it is.
we dont have the money like the top club have so we can only get what we can ..no i dont like the idead of buying players from spain as i feel there are better players out there for the same kind of money .
i know wond alot of members up on here but i dont mean to.
i can not wait for liverpool to be champs again after 15yrs
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:08 pm

I think we all need to think back to when we signed RB as our new manager he had the world at his feet and he chose to come to LIverpool that decision alone tell's me we are going in the right direction,Yeah its easy to get down and start to doubt when we have such a run of bad luck and the three results we had last week didnt help at all.But heads up RB chose us so he mustve had a belief that we would be great again.
ronmeister

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:11 pm

ronmeister wrote:I think we all need to think back to when we signed RB as our new manager he had the world at his feet and he chose to come to LIverpool that decision alone tell's me we are going in the right direction,Yeah its easy to get down and start to doubt when we have such a run of bad luck and the three results we had last week didnt help at all.But heads up RB chose us so he mustve had a belief that we would be great again.

Absof*ckinlutely :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:31 pm

yes but dont forget he was not our first choice we asked Jose Mourinho first and he knoked us back ....i wonder why.....money money money.
8 weeks before RB come to liverpool he was asked what would be his next job  he said " real madrid would be good" at the time it was said as a joke due to all the rumours about him and liverpool but he has always loved Real and one i do belive that he will go on to be there manager
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:35 pm

i dont want to burst the bubble after last nights win but we werent nothing special and the papers are labelling us a one man band cos we rely to much on gerrard

watford had a good go at us last night, and we didnt exactly turn them over.
109-1105722616

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:yes but dont forget he was not our first choice we asked Jose Mourinho first and he knoked us back ....i wonder why.....money money money.
8 weeks before RB come to liverpool he was asked what would be his next job  he said " real madrid would be good" at the time it was said as a joke due to all the rumours about him and liverpool but he has always loved Real and one i do belive that he will go on to be there manager

Yeh he has all loved Real madrid just like Owen,Gerrard,Rush,Carragher,Fowler have always loved Everton it didn't stop them bein sucessful here i personally didn't want Benitzes but he else was there ? i remeber on this site i said i don't want a first team full of spainish players and i got called a racist.You have to have at least 4 english players because spainish players they don't know what it means to win against Everton or Man u they lack heart and the spainish are born losers.Why do you think they do so poorly at international level  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:38 pm

I hope he does become manager of Real one day. The only reason he will get the job is that he has been massively successful at Liverpool. If He wins the Prem within four years then retains it, and sticks in a couple of CL wins as well before sodding off to Real, he will go with my blessing for sure.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:43 pm

marklfc wrote:i dont want to burst the bubble after last nights win but we werent nothing special and the papers are labelling us a one man band cos we rely to much on gerrard

watford had a good go at us last night, and we didnt exactly turn them over.

that bubble was burst a long time ago
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:15 pm

i know, im sorry
109-1105722616

Postby ronmeister » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:59 pm

Yeah its was Only watford but the way we went about it in a business like way is what impressed me .Its a good base to start with get back to basics then let the fancy stuff come on its own
ronmeister

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:37 pm

should of killed em off earlier
109-1105722616

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion