Expensive garcia should stay on bench! - Away from home luis is useless.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:43 pm

Again today, time after time after annoying time Luis Garcia gifted possesion to the opposition when we were in excellent attacking positions. Away from home Garcia is a liability & in my opinion a luxury when the opposition has the majority of the play being it's there home ground. The only reason we've lacked the cutting edge away from home is the fact that Garcia travels about as well as a frenchman next to a brothel! Instead of Luis today wed've been better playing Didi & given Xabi more oppertunity in forward areas. Cisse'll get goals if we give him more service & sadly away Garcia only gives service to the other team. Please dont get me wrong I love Garcia when he's at Anfield, his passing & attacking runs are an insperation to the other offensive players. Its just when he was named as starter at Villa park today even the claret & blues cheered!!!!
spion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:55 pm

Hamann?

Are you bloody stupid?

Had you said, Kewell... Zenden or Warnock, you may have had a point, but to suggest Hamann, that shows what kind of knowledge of the game you have.

Hamann and Alonso aren't wingers, never have been and never will be.

Also, Luis Garcia is a goal threat. Thats why he's in the team. Its as simple as that.
115-1073096938

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:55 pm

Dont worry Gonzales is coming soon so our left side problem will be sorted. Just need Simao now to take care of the right side.  :nod
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:15 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Hamann?

Are you bloody stupid?

Had you said, Kewell... Zenden or Warnock, you may have had a point, but to suggest Hamann, that shows what kind of knowledge of the game you have.

Hamann and Alonso aren't wingers, never have been and never will be.

Also, Luis Garcia is a goal threat. Thats why he's in the team. Its as simple as that.

Agree with you there stu and not only is garcia a goal threat but he is one of those players who can just pull some great goal out the bag even if he's having a bad game e.g. juve or spurs last season to note a few.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:46 pm

spion wrote:Again today, time after time after annoying time Luis Garcia gifted possesion to the opposition when we were in excellent attacking positions. Away from home Garcia is a liability & in my opinion a luxury when the opposition has the majority of the play being it's there home ground. The only reason we've lacked the cutting edge away from home is the fact that Garcia travels about as well as a frenchman next to a brothel! Instead of Luis today wed've been better playing Didi & given Xabi more oppertunity in forward areas. Cisse'll get goals if we give him more service & sadly away Garcia only gives service to the other team. Please dont get me wrong I love Garcia when he's at Anfield, his passing & attacking runs are an insperation to the other offensive players. Its just when he was named as starter at Villa park today even the claret & blues cheered!!!!

Why dont some of you lot go and support another club? Seriously........... We havent won an away game since last November after a CL game, yes nearly a year.
Garcia got us to the CL final with his goals during our CL campaign, he may not be Ronaldino but the lad loves Liverpool and never stops running and giving his all for our club, another scapegoat for the bashers, get behind the players or :censored: off and support some other outfit.
It wasnt a great performance but ill take 3 points winning ugly its what all top teams have done over the years, now its our turn.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:00 pm

Have to agree with CGGY here.

Every time Garcia plays in a game and doesn't score some muppet starts a thread criticising him.  We all know there is room for improvement in his passing and decision making, but the guy runs himself into the ground for the team and as others say he carries a massive goal threat.  He'd be in my starting line-up every time.

So the performance wasn't perfect today, well so what?  Points are more important than performances at the moment and I think we should all be pretty happy with the team tonight.  Digging out results like that gets points on the board, points on the board get us up the league, getting up the league gives the team confidence, getting confidence will improve the performances.  People wanted us to get back to basics after the palace game, we've done that and won 3 in a row, so I'll take a performance like that every week as long as we win.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:30 pm

Sense at last. :)
115-1073096938

Postby gary106 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:40 am

john craig and CGGY spot on here couldnt agree more
gary106

Postby primodua » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:30 am

spion wrote:Again today, time after time after annoying time Luis Garcia gifted possesion to the opposition when we were in excellent attacking positions. Away from home Garcia is a liability & in my opinion a luxury when the opposition has the majority of the play being it's there home ground. The only reason we've lacked the cutting edge away from home is the fact that Garcia travels about as well as a frenchman next to a brothel! Instead of Luis today wed've been better playing Didi & given Xabi more oppertunity in forward areas. Cisse'll get goals if we give him more service & sadly away Garcia only gives service to the other team. Please dont get me wrong I love Garcia when he's at Anfield, his passing & attacking runs are an insperation to the other offensive players. Its just when he was named as starter at Villa park today even the claret & blues cheered!!!!

Garcia can sometimes be annoying but look at the statistics over the past couple of games. He created mouthful of chances than some of the players in the team (cisse, moro, gerrard, alonso, etc.) and scored two wonderful goals during those games. And now you want to take him off?
A big f.ck off to all of ya non believers!!

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Espionage » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:41 am

Garcia did not really have a big impact tonight, but then again neither did Cisse. I think you will find that when he does lose the ball (however frustrating it may be), he is usually forced into a position he didnt want to be in by a mediocre pass.
All in all, approximately 3 silly turnovers per game is nothing compared to the energy and imagination he brings into our forward line (not to mention the occasional blinder :) )
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:01 am

He had a bad knock and he continued playing, you can't bash a committed player like him.
Houllier=LFC

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:12 pm

is this spion the one who sed we shud lose to real betis
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:22 pm

If you would have posted this about 4-5 weeks ago i may have agreed with SOME of it!!
But it's a load of balls mate and i think you have been watching another Garcia than the rest of us!!
Luis has played a lot better lately and seems to have been working hard on his biggest problem of giving the ball away! Over the last few games he has done this less and less and the whole team are looking better for it!!
Give the man a break!!
66-1120597113

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:32 pm

wudnt think we won yesterday wud ye
kopite_1232002

Postby XSD » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:53 pm

I am honestly so sick of threads slating garcia, he is one of the most talented players at the club and probably the most consistent goal threat. These threads should just be deleted instantly with warnings on the users accts!

this forum reminds me of the 'soapbox' in the daily post sometimes
Last edited by XSD on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion