Excellent- but cisse's-got-to-go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:43 pm

Raffa did the business and the team were excellent - apart from the man with no work rate and no bottle.
This team can do it but not with glory self-seekers.

Are all those Crouch doubters still non believers ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:46 pm

A bit unfair on cisse there john bull, he wasn't on the park that long and we were playing a very defensive game having already had a couple of goals. Granted he was a bit ineffective and showed a bit of petulance but to judge him from tonight is unfair

Crouch was indeed excellent though, really pleased for him
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:47 pm

with the selection today rafa has shown that cisse is not a major part of his plans,he will be sold in the january sales for funds to strengthen the squad
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Wooly - The lad loves scoring goals but it's a bit more than that in Europe. As an example the freekick he gave away for "foot-up" near the end wasn't a free kick anyway but watch it again and you'll see he should have attacked the ball with his body, and then been in the clear. Cannot stand players who flinch away from a challenge or the ball.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:56 pm

Michael Owen is to blame for Cisse all the lad done when he missed placed a pass was look at Rafa, we cant have players like that whos self asteam has been ruined through people trying to sell him behind his back.
I feel really sorry for him if I am honest in Sissoko, Pongolle and Cisse we could have an Arsenal type going forward team, Keep your head up Djib atleast your here till January, fight for your place just play your game ignore Rafa.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:57 pm

Cisse's body language wasn't too good tonight :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:58 pm

JohnBull wrote:Wooly - The lad loves scoring goals but it's a bit more than that in Europe. As an example the freekick he gave away for "foot-up" near the end wasn't a free kick anyway but watch it again and you'll see he should have attacked the ball with his body, and then been in the clear. Cannot stand players who flinch away from a challenge or the ball.

Ask players who have broke their leg in two places to go into a 50/50 challenge I bet the lot of them would shreak at it, I cant blame him, he has been treated very unfair In my honest opinion, I am not saying I am crazy about him but he is a damn sight better than bloody Morientes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 pm

JohnBull wrote:Wooly - The lad loves scoring goals but it's a bit more than that in Europe. As an example the freekick he gave away for "foot-up" near the end wasn't a free kick anyway but watch it again and you'll see he should have attacked the ball with his body, and then been in the clear. Cannot stand players who flinch away from a challenge or the ball.

I know what you're saying JB but to be honest we had the game won by that point so why would he risk injury or a booking by diving in like we were the team needing a goal? Sure Cisse's got his faults but they are outweighed by all the plus-points to his personality, I've got 100% faith in him
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 pm

Got to go?

Far to early for that. Are you being fickle?

Strikers need confidence, Cisse is a confidence player. Give him a chance. There will be plenty of time to play Crouch, Cisse, Morientes and Pongolle before any more strikers are sold.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:05 pm

The front line is no place for Cisse, in his last season at Auxerre he did well standing on the halfway line waiting for the break. Never a team member.
Couldn't understand Houllier's assessment then as a possible Liverpool player. As time goes on I still can't. Mori was a bit of a necessity at the time but he's a team player (not a great one!!!)
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:08 pm

JB I think you're jumping the gun just a bit but one thing that Cisse is at the moment is frustrating. He needs to use his head a little bit, instead of focusing on how to come up with new hair styles. It's great that he has pace, that makes him lethal but combine brains and pace and he will be even more deadly.

Michael Owen is to blame for Cisse all the lad done when he missed placed a pass was look at Rafa, we cant have players like that whos self asteam has been ruined through people trying to sell him behind his back.
I feel really sorry for him if I am honest in Sissoko, Pongolle and Cisse we could have an Arsenal type going forward team, Keep your head up Djib atleast your here till January, fight for your place just play your game ignore Rafa.

It's a bit daft to blame Michael Owen on Cisse not playing well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:10 pm

I think yous are being a bit harsh on cisse.His first season here was ruined and his start to the season hasnt been the worse,hes still the no1 striker for me...give him time,he'll become a class act
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:13 pm

Cisse cant play upfront alone thats all!
He will play great in a 4-4-2 along witth Crouch!The poor fellas confidence is at nil at the minute afer all the sh.ite goin on behind his back!
He needs regular starts to hit form and gain confidence,then we'll see the best of him.raffa has treated him cruely!
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:13 pm

??? What exactly did Steven Gerrard do when he came on?
He had a really bad season for us last season and ok he is back from injury but he didnt act like no captain tonight.
If you are going to single people out Josemi was dreadful plus Stevie G didnt do much either. And I love Hyypia but he cannot cope with pace, you cannot blame Cisse atall he plays on confidence and at the moment he has got none what so ever due to the manager, trying to sell him for something he had no controll over, bringing MO back to Liverpool, I hope he was watching tonight and was watching Real get beat 3-0 by Lyon.
I wanted MO back but not at the expense of Cisse, he made his bed now leaving us for what he said was better Real madrid, to win the CL we won it, Real Madrid are :censored:, so are Newcastle and our highest paid striker is paying the price for a Newcastle players decition, give me Djibril any day over MO we know where his loyalties lie. Come on Djib prove them all wrong lad.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:22 pm

i think we should sell him,he is the same age as samuel eto at barca and eto is double the player cisse is,cisse,s first touch is shocking ,finishing is erratic and his attitude on the pitch against other players not passing to him when and where he wants it is disgracful.houllier last joke just before he left was signing cisse,houllier chose cisse over samuel eto and ask any liverpool fan who they would prefer and it wouldn,t be cisse .eto was desperate to come here  a year before barca signed him and now he is probably in the top three strikers in the world today.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion