Excellent- but cisse's-got-to-go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:26 am

The majority of the people posting on this thread who have their heads lodged firmly up Cisse's hole have missed the whole fecking point of the thread.

No one can dispute that Cisse hasn't been given a fair chance, no one can dispute that he did brilliantly to come back from injury so quickly, no one can dispute that it must be sh.it for him that Rafa doesn't rate him, no one can dispute that his general service is poor and no one can dispute that he is played out of position a lot either as a lone striker or wide right.

But what I certainly dispute is his attitude on the pitch when he gets a chance.  Is he fu.cking stupid or something?  His Liverpool career is on the line here and instead of putting in 100% effort when he's on the field, he does no closing down off the ball, he throws his arms in the air when a decision goes against him and just watches the opposition run away with the ball and then he moans to the press that the manager doesn't like him.  No fu.cking wonder, he is a lazy b@st@rd.

He can miss chances and he can give the ball away and I can forgive him, but it pi.sses me off to see a guy on 40 grand a week putting in minimal effort.  I don't question his ability, I question his effort, seriously question it :no
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:27 am

sell cisse ?

so 1st we have to get rid of baros because he is a headless chicken (although in actual fact he is better than all the other strikers we had for the lone striker role).

now we want to get rid of cisse  ???  (who is the best striker we have now by a mile).

It is like saying that one is happy with a strike-force containing Crouch/Morientes/Pongolle/Mellor ?

Now which true LFC fan will want our striker contingent to be as above ?

Now, i am all for getting rid of average/on-performing players..... If we can get a better striker than cisse, then by all means sell him (but remember owen went for 16 million pounds). If we can't, then just support him for once don't ya....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:30 am

john craig wrote:No one can dispute that Cisse hasn't been given a fair chance,

You just summed it up with one line there.  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:36 am

Paul C wrote:
john craig wrote:No one can dispute that Cisse hasn't been given a fair chance,

You just summed it up with one line there.  :;):

That sums up nothing paul.

That's all the more reason for him to knuckle down and make the most of the chances he gets.  I wasn't expecting him to come on and score 10 last night, but at least do a bit of defending from the front, which he didn't.

I'm not saying we should sell him, the guy has heaps of potential, but he needs to get it sorted.  You might need a few games under your belt to have a bit of form, but you don't need form to show effort, which he didn't.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:37 am

when cisse did get the chance to use his pace, he made a stupid pass to garcia, who never received the ball, and we looked stupid..............chance wasted there.

never mind, we won and thats all that matters. we would all like sexy football, but sometimes its just the result that matters and not just the performance overall :cool:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:37 am

Paul C wrote:Oh my god what the f**k are you lot goin on about?

First off CGGY, why are you calling Traore 'pathetic' cos the lad had a good game.

Second, yeah ok Cisse's body language didn't look too good tonight but it's early days and if he isn't producing anything by January then you can get on his back and demand Rafa to sell him!!! :angry:

Third, we f**kin won yet people still post stupid negative :censored:, I just don't understand what you lot are on, if you want to be fickle then goto www.manunited.com!!!

Sort it out! :;):

AMEN

Lets get things in perspective here !

We picked up a VERY valuable 3pts last night and deserved to do so- Rafa made the right team selection and they all did their job-
I think its a bit premature to write off Cissi the lad deserves at least a full season to prove himself
We all have our moans but I think its a bit rich after a result like that
Remember we are in a rebuilding stage and players will come and go at the managers discretion,all things considered we are doing very well thank you
I for one feel very positive about the present and the future  :D
teamleader1

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:43 am

john craig wrote:I'm not saying we should sell him, the guy has heaps of potential, but he needs to get it sorted.  You might need a few games under your belt to have a bit of form, but you don't need form to show effort, which he didn't.

Fair comment  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:45 am

Paul C wrote:
john craig wrote:I'm not saying we should sell him, the guy has heaps of potential, but he needs to get it sorted.  You might need a few games under your belt to have a bit of form, but you don't need form to show effort, which he didn't.

Fair comment  :)

Thank you Paul

Finally someone understands the point I have been trying to get across on here since last night :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:00 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Didnt watch the whole game, saw bits and pieces as I was watching Chelsea.

Saw enough to see that Betis were :censored: in the first half and really came at you in the 2nd half.

Congratulations on holding on and winning away.

We will meet soon.

Just heard that chelsea only got 29,000 supporters for their game  :p  hohohohooohoohoho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=342539&cc=4716

Owls have it: More fans than Chelsea

Chelsea goal hero Frank Lampard has every sympathy with the fans who shunnedtheir opening Champions League game of the season against Anderlecht at Stamford Bridge last night.

Just over 29,000 turned up to watch Lampard earn Chelsea three points with the decisive goal against the Belgians in the 18th minute of a disappointing encounter.

The attendance was less than West Ham's Premiership clash with Aston Villa the night before and Sheffield Wednesday's Yorkshire derby with Leeds at Hillsborough.

Lampard, who hammered the winner from 25 yards after Dutch winger Arjen Robben had rolled the free-kick to him, says he can't blame the fans from watching the pennies.

Chelsea's ticket prices are among the most expensive in the Premiership and Lampard understands that fans have to pick and choose their games carefully.

He said: 'Our fans got behind us at times even though we know the stadium wasn't full. It is a lot to ask of people to come and keep spending their money.

'At this stage of the season you see a lot of grounds that are not always completely full. Our stadium wasn't full but the fans that were here had a right go at getting behind us.'
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 am

Did that just give you a lift off? Well im glad you got a hop ... now dont forget to clean up your keyboard when done ... dont want mommy to find white drops all oveR!

:D
Chelsea forever.

Postby YoungAdam » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 am

I cant believe were talking about Cisse to go, I really cant. Our record signing, scored 6 in pre-season and a great performance for France recently. You cant write him off yet, and you cant expect him to score wondergoals last night when he was up there on his own and we were on the defensive foot.
YoungAdam

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:14 am

You have to admit though that 29,000 for a European game is very very poor. Especially for a team the size and stature of Chelsea!!

:buttrock
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:19 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:You have to admit though that 29,000 for a European game is very very poor. Especially for a team the size and stature of Chelsea!!

:buttrock

actually you should phrase it like this....

You have to admit though that 29,000 for a European game is very very poor. Especially for a team the "size and stature of Chelsea!!" :shifty 

Chelsea ....the top english club ? yeah..... and mourinho ain't a b1tch :rasp

hohohohohohoho
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:23 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Did that just give you a lift off? Well im glad you got a hop ... now dont forget to clean up your keyboard when done ... dont want mommy to find white drops all oveR!

:D

actually your momma knows a lot about my "future generations" .....junior   :buttrock
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 am

Incidently - was anyone else concerned by the flapping Reina last night? After a very solid 1st half he appeared to feel the pressure in the 2nd half. He flapped at crosses and didn't look decisive at all!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion