Excellent- but cisse's-got-to-go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:25 am

peewee wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
zarababe wrote:... Just read some other threads and that's my summary of what some are sayin.. I'm gonna take solice elsewhere.. I thought for a mo I logged in to the wrong forum

Just because we got 3 points from this game doesnt mean every Liverpool fan should be over the moon ??? .
They could have beaten us 4-2 at the end I am sick and tired of this under performing, but mant people on this forum are happy with a draw and a victory that was not convincing.
maybe I am watching the wrong team maybe I should leave my rose coloured channel sun glasses on I dunno.
But Ive been going to anfield since I was six and this Liverpool team are a shadow of the great ones, why is it so hard for other people to accept?
My life is my football club i just wish I was their life.

well said lynds,

i agree and i know some small minded tw@ts will say we are not loyal for having these opinions but f*ck em.

people like us and Red Baron who can say it like it is are true supporters, thats we dont want to settle for second best.

just keep saying it like it is.

i remember when i was a kid i wouldnt hear a bad word said about the club or anyone at the club, now im more realistic.

of course tonight was a good result but why do we always let teams back into the game. at one point towards the end of the second half we only had 28% possession in that half, betis had 72%, read that again, 72% possession and i think at the end we were lucky again. we have to stop defending so deep and trying to sit on a lead. we did this under GH and we are doing it again now

Real supporter??? :laugh:  :laugh:
More like a depressing cry baby! most fans are happy with a good away win! In the  1st half  we were great! 2nd half we held on!
I think a  lot of people are  sick of  others focusing on negatives and not mentioning our teams  good points!What does  it take for some people to say well done lads?
Any other team in  Europe  would  have been delighted to go to Betis and take 3 points!
But not on here,we focus on Cisse and complain about him not playing well when our team were defending a 2 goal lead away from home!
Ffs people give the guy a  chance to establish himself and get a bit of confidence back!
Only 2 weeks ago he thought he was  surplus to requirements
Then he finds himself on the bench! Give Cisse a break
Supporters get behind the team and all players! Not kick them when they are down! :veryangry
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:38 am

Maybe Betis could have beat us 4 2 tonight CGGY, but we could have easily beat spurs and Boro by bigger scorelines, if everyone got what they deserved then football would be boring and predictible, but its not, we put in a good 1st half display then sta back for an hour which is tough going if you ask me, especially at this level, but we got through it, picked up 3 points and thats without Gerrard, finnan, warnock, cisse, morientes, risse and kewell, the boys in the squad did well tonight it was a big night for a lot of players and most stud up to it.

And remember what the group stages came down to last season?? getting 3 points at this stages is more improtant then a great display. We got a tough game out the way tonight and i doubt betis will get beaten by chelsea at home
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:46 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
zarababe wrote:... Just read some other threads and that's my summary of what some are sayin.. I'm gonna take solice elsewhere.. I thought for a mo I logged in to the wrong forum

Just because we got 3 points from this game doesnt mean every Liverpool fan should be over the moon ??? .
They could have beaten us 4-2 at the end I am sick and tired of this under performing, but mant people on this forum are happy with a draw and a victory that was not convincing.
maybe I am watching the wrong team maybe I should leave my rose coloured channel sun glasses on I dunno.
But Ive been going to anfield since I was six and this Liverpool team are a shadow of the great ones, why is it so hard for other people to accept?
My life is my football club i just wish I was their life.

well said lynds,

i agree and i know some small minded tw@ts will say we are not loyal for having these opinions but f*ck em.

people like us and Red Baron who can say it like it is are true supporters, thats we dont want to settle for second best.

just keep saying it like it is.

i remember when i was a kid i wouldnt hear a bad word said about the club or anyone at the club, now im more realistic.

of course tonight was a good result but why do we always let teams back into the game. at one point towards the end of the second half we only had 28% possession in that half, betis had 72%, read that again, 72% possession and i think at the end we were lucky again. we have to stop defending so deep and trying to sit on a lead. we did this under GH and we are doing it again now

Real supporter??? :laugh:  :laugh:
More like a depressing cry baby! most fans are happy with a good away win! In the  1st half  we were great! 2nd half we held on!
I think a  lot of people are  sick of  others focusing on negatives and not mentioning our teams  good points!What does  it take for some people to say well done lads?
Any other team in  Europe  would  have been delighted to go to Betis and take 3 points!
But not on here,we focus on Cisse and complain about him not playing well when our team were defending a 2 goal lead away from home!
Ffs people give the guy a  chance to establish himself and get a bit of confidence back!
Only 2 weeks ago he thought he was  surplus to requirements
Then he finds himself on the bench! Give Cisse a break
Supporters get behind the team and all players! Not kick them when they are down! :veryangry

is that aimed at me? are you calling me a cry baby.

the fact is we are poor at the moment Barry and however much you want to big is up the facts speak for themselves.

in the premier league we have had 43 attempts on goal this season and scored one. do you think thats good because i certainly dont?

i also say the betis result was a good result but i also fear what can happen when we play the way we did in the second half.

28% possession, if you think thats acceptable mate then it seems you dont really know your football. now is a time to be honest and say we are not good enough yet.

of course its good to be loyal, but its better to be honest
112-1077774096

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:05 am

What about being honestly loyal ???
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:06 am

i agree with much that has been said here, but lets not forget that how many teams in the past has had 72% possession and still lost. I remember games against scum, when we had all of the ball, only to be beaten by the sucker punch.
the games in europe are going to be even harder than last year, and dont forget this was real betis first showing, and they were at home n all, so it came as no surprise that they would come out all guns blazing for the second half. Sometimes, just sometimes, its better to grind out a win in these circumstances, as it will make other teams nervous against us, and perhaps leave them open to our sucker punch.

i think thats a fair reflection
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:10 am

azriahmad wrote:We lack the personnel to play pressing football like we used to in the Paisley years. In those days (fot the members here who are too young to remember), we'd pass the opponents off the park and we'd never let the opposition have 72% of the possession, no way!

I agree with peewee that we were lucky that Betis did not have the ability to convert their possession superiority into goals. We sat back far too much in the second half.

Also very worrying is that by defending so deep, there is always the risk that Hyppia, while excellent in the air, can get horribly caught out by quick movements and passing of the opposition.

While the result is an excellent one, the this Liverpool team must not sit back and let the opposition run at us again like this, not in Europe as there are no easy games and our defenders, on an overall viewpoint, are not really top notch. Carra can't always be playing out of his skin to rescue the shortcomings of people like Josemi and Hyppia under intense pressure because the midfield fails to retain possession.

Great post this sums it up in one.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:13 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:I know this isnt the right thread but just a quick question

Do you guys really like the kit the players wore last night?

Jealous ???
5 time winners badge on the sleeve :cool:
And 5 gold stars for winning the European Cup 5 times the only club in England to have such honours :buttrock
I think that kit was lovely its out in October to buy I will buy it for me son in the Liverpool shop then you get the little blue badge :)
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:18 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:I know this isnt the right thread but just a quick question

Me personally im not a big fan of that gold trim but winner badges are great  :D

As for this thread all this negative or postive, its like being back at school learning chemistry and it does my head in so i avoid it and say.

Great away win especially with one eye on Sunday's blockbuster.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:27 am

laza wrote:

Me personally im not a big fan of that gold trim but winner badges are great  :D

As for this thread all this negative or postive, its like being back at school learning chemistry and it does my head in so i avoid it and say.

Great away win especially with one eye on Sunday's blockbuster.

i take it you were shit at chemistry laza  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:48 am

Oh my god what the f**k are you lot goin on about?

First off CGGY, why are you calling Traore 'pathetic' cos the lad had a good game.

Second, yeah ok Cisse's body language didn't look too good tonight but it's early days and if he isn't producing anything by January then you can get on his back and demand Rafa to sell him!!! :angry:

Third, we f**kin won yet people still post stupid negative :censored:, I just don't understand what you lot are on, if you want to be fickle then goto www.manunited.com!!!

Sort it out! :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:51 am

Paul C wrote:Oh my god what the f**k are you lot goin on about?

First off CGGY, why are you calling Traore 'pathetic' cos the lad had a good game.

Second, yeah ok Cisse's body language didn't look too good tonight but it's early days and if he isn't producing anything by January then you can get on his back and demand Rafa to sell him!!! :angry:

Third, we f**kin won yet people still post stupid negative :censored:, I just don't understand what you lot are on, if you want to be fickle then goto www.manunited.com!!!

???  Is Rafa fickle awelll? He also said we didnt play very well and invited all the pressure in the second half, and he is right, but maybe he is aloud to say this and we are not cause we get accused of being fickle ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:57 am

I think cisse played poorly when he came on last night, and his effort was questionable but its far to early to say sell him!
If he is still not performing come January then yes I think Rafa will be open to offers.
It may well be as much that its not his fault he struggles, he just doesn't look happy at playing the way benitez likes his forwards to play!
He is very poor at linking up and holding on to the ball!
His attributes are his pace and audacity!

I must admit that I find Sinama a much greater talent, rather then holding on to negative thoughts we should focus on a bright light that shone for us last night. My fingers are crossed that he has now put in a performance to tempt Rafa to play him more on the right flank!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:11 am

Paul C wrote:Oh my god what the f**k are you lot goin on about?

???  Is Rafa fickle awelll? He also said we didnt play very well and invited all the pressure in the second half, and he is right, but maybe he is aloud to say this and we are not cause we get accused of being fickle ???

Rafa isn't always talking sh1t3 where people on here are, it's never how good we played in the first half but always how bad we played in the second half, yeah fair enough reflect the game fairly and talk about the whole game and not just the negative point.

e.g

Possitives: Reina made a few good one on one shots and wasn't too bad on the crosses.

Negatives: Cisse did look a bit p155ed on when he was brought on and didn't look too ar5ed.

:;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:22 am

Some of the stuff I read on this thread is just crazy!

Cisse has not been played in his position yet this season, and thus no one can judge his worth. Its just as simple as that. If you play Finnan upfront and he has 4 useless games will you say 'we must sell him cauz he is sh1t?"

Let me ask you - Has Liverpool Football Club given Djbril Cisse a fair chance to prove himself? Dig deep down inside and give me a honest answer.

Majority of you folks will say no.

Cisse is one of the quickest forwards today. His pace compensates for everything else he lacks. At the end of the day you want a striker who can kick the ball in the back of the net, I have no doubt that Cisse is capable of doing that - just as Milan was. Whats a + about Cisse is his pace. He can leave defenders for dead and easily gain yards on them when running on goal, his finishing and predatory instincts have to be 'rekindled'. Just because you are a striker you cannot be expected to come in after a few games and show a magic touch, you regain your touch after a few games, just like a runner regains his stamina after a few days of running when he is back from a holiday in Ibiza.

Most strikers when back from injury or from a long spell on the bench have nothing to start with. They have to build their stamina, pace, touch and finishing with each game, Cisse here has an advantage as his pace is already there. He just needs to build on his touch and finishing and then he will be valued as a huge asset.

Sometimes I dont understand managers, I didnt understand Jose last night and I dont understand why Rafa refuses to use Cisse to his potential.

If he is to go I hope he joins a big club and proves his worth.

Chelsea Forever
Chelsea forever.

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:24 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Some of the stuff I read on this thread is just crazy!

Cisse has not been played in his position yet this season, and thus no one can judge his worth. Its just as simple as that. If you play Finnan upfront and he has 4 useless games will you say 'we must sell him cauz he is sh1t?"

Let me ask you - Has Liverpool Football Club given Djbril Cisse a fair chance to prove himself? Dig deep down inside and give me a honest answer.

Majority of you folks will say no.

Cisse is one of the quickest forwards today. His pace compensates for everything else he lacks. At the end of the day you want a striker who can kick the ball in the back of the net, I have no doubt that Cisse is capable of doing that - just as Milan was. Whats a + about Cisse is his pace. He can leave defenders for dead and easily gain yards on them when running on goal, his finishing and predatory instincts have to be 'rekindled'. Just because you are a striker you cannot be expected to come in after a few games and show a magic touch, you regain your touch after a few games, just like a runner regains his stamina after a few days of running when he is back from a holiday in Ibiza.

Most strikers when back from injury or from a long spell on the bench have nothing to start with. They have to build their stamina, pace, touch and finishing with each game, Cisse here has an advantage as his pace is already there. He just needs to build on his touch and finishing and then he will be valued as a huge asset.

Sometimes I dont understand managers, I didnt understand Jose last night and I dont understand why Rafa refuses to use Cisse to his potential.

If he is to go I hope he joins a big club and proves his worth.

Chelsea Forever

Jesus CF talks more sense than you lot  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion