Excellent- but cisse's-got-to-go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:15 am

I think the person that have to go is Nando ... not cisse ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby RedRoots » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:50 am

"Cisses got to go"- what a f@ckin ignorant knee jerk reaction, the man didn't start in tonights match and by the time he was put on we were tired and on the back foot after controlling the first half. yeah sure we have problems but its not Cisse i'm lookin at its our midfield, if Rafa does the sensible thing and starts Djibril over the next few matches hopelly our midfield and him can get some kind of system going. For example tonight there was an oppertunity for Momo to put Cisse through on goal a run off the defender but he didn't and he decided to shoot instead, if there was more of an understanding between the pair Momo would have put him through, but we can't blame Momo on that because he's flavour of the month now.

If we sell Djibril he can take the Super cup with him because he won it.
RedRoots

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:53 am

RedRoots wrote:If we sell Djibril he can take the Super cup with him because he won it.

I was always of the understanding that it is the team that wins something ???

If Djib's 10 teamates weren't out there he woudln't have scored those 2 goals.

Football's a team game  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:10 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
zarababe wrote:... Just read some other threads and that's my summary of what some are sayin.. I'm gonna take solice elsewhere.. I thought for a mo I logged in to the wrong forum

Just because we got 3 points from this game doesnt mean every Liverpool fan should be over the moon ??? .
They could have beaten us 4-2 at the end I am sick and tired of this under performing, but mant people on this forum are happy with a draw and a victory that was not convincing.
maybe I am watching the wrong team maybe I should leave my rose coloured channel sun glasses on I dunno.
But Ive been going to anfield since I was six and this Liverpool team are a shadow of the great ones, why is it so hard for other people to accept?
My life is my football club i just wish I was their life.

well said lynds,

i agree and i know some small minded tw@ts will say we are not loyal for having these opinions but f*ck em.

people like us and Red Baron who can say it like it is are true supporters, thats we dont want to settle for second best.

just keep saying it like it is.

i remember when i was a kid i wouldnt hear a bad word said about the club or anyone at the club, now im more realistic.

of course tonight was a good result but why do we always let teams back into the game. at one point towards the end of the second half we only had 28% possession in that half, betis had 72%, read that again, 72% possession and i think at the end we were lucky again. we have to stop defending so deep and trying to sit on a lead. we did this under GH and we are doing it again now
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby matrix » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:04 am

peewee wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
zarababe wrote:... Just read some other threads and that's my summary of what some are sayin.. I'm gonna take solice elsewhere.. I thought for a mo I logged in to the wrong forum

Just because we got 3 points from this game doesnt mean every Liverpool fan should be over the moon ??? .
They could have beaten us 4-2 at the end I am sick and tired of this under performing, but mant people on this forum are happy with a draw and a victory that was not convincing.
maybe I am watching the wrong team maybe I should leave my rose coloured channel sun glasses on I dunno.
But Ive been going to anfield since I was six and this Liverpool team are a shadow of the great ones, why is it so hard for other people to accept?
My life is my football club i just wish I was their life.

well said lynds,

i agree and i know some small minded tw@ts will say we are not loyal for having these opinions but f*ck em.

people like us and Red Baron who can say it like it is are true supporters, thats we dont want to settle for second best.

just keep saying it like it is.

i remember when i was a kid i wouldnt hear a bad word said about the club or anyone at the club, now im more realistic.

of course tonight was a good result but why do we always let teams back into the game. at one point towards the end of the second half we only had 28% possession in that half, betis had 72%, read that again, 72% possession and i think at the end we were lucky again. we have to stop defending so deep and trying to sit on a lead. we did this under GH and we are doing it again now

:laugh:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:08 am

???
112-1077774096

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:36 am

Didnt watch the whole game, saw bits and pieces as I was watching Chelsea.

Saw enough to see that Betis were :censored: in the first half and really came at you in the 2nd half.

Congratulations on holding on and winning away.

We will meet soon.
Chelsea forever.

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:00 am

We lack the personnel to play pressing football like we used to in the Paisley years. In those days (fot the members here who are too young to remember), we'd pass the opponents off the park and we'd never let the opposition have 72% of the possession, no way!

I agree with peewee that we were lucky that Betis did not have the ability to convert their possession superiority into goals. We sat back far too much in the second half.

Also very worrying is that by defending so deep, there is always the risk that Hyppia, while excellent in the air, can get horribly caught out by quick movements and passing of the opposition.

While the result is an excellent one, the this Liverpool team must not sit back and let the opposition run at us again like this, not in Europe as there are no easy games and our defenders, on an overall viewpoint, are not really top notch. Carra can't always be playing out of his skin to rescue the shortcomings of people like Josemi and Hyppia under intense pressure because the midfield fails to retain possession.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:12 am

People are never happy.  We play a good away game get the win and yet still some will find points to criticize.  Can't we just enjoy the win.  Sure maybe Cisse didn't play well but he was only on for a little while and at that point we were on the defensive so you can't really expect that much from him at that junction of the game.  He will score a lot of goals in the prem and in other CL games.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:15 am

I know this isnt the right thread but just a quick question

Do you guys really like the kit the players wore last night?
Chelsea forever.

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:23 am

Chelsea forever, TBH, the gold numbers looked a bit odd, but it does not compare to Neverton's silly silver numberings they wore against Villareal!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:27 am

I agree....Ciise looked bemused in front. The 2nd half was a defensive game. A few clear chances only...But I sincerely thought when Ciise got 1 good chance to run with the ball and had 2 defenders only in front of him.. it should be  a goal. But Ciise unselfishly tried to pass the ball to Garcia and Garcia ran the wrong way.

Overall I am glad we won. Garcia played better than Spurs game. He did however gave away cheap free kicks and bad flicks. But its okay. He had covered his mistakes by a goal  :D :p
hobbes

Postby Espionage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:32 am

I must say that i am finding it harder and harder to back Cisse....
He just doesnt look like he wants it, he talks big but now he has to come through with some goals, or at least some half-decent performances :(
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:11 am

Jeez what a mood swing on Cisse. In reality anybody who knows anything at all about football would tell you that the Frenchman would struggle to really figure being played in the system we had last night. ALL pacy strikers throughout time prefer the ball to be played through to run onto rather than playing with their back to goal.
That said I reckon Benitez will be quite pleased with Djibrils contribution TBH, his introduction instantly ensuring that Betis had to defend 20 yards deeper so as to lessen the prospect of a ball over the top embarassing them. This is turn stretches their build-up play and makes it all the more difficult to mount sustained pressure.
I've been blunt on Cisse from very early on. He aint and never was in a million years worth 14 million quid. The fact is though that we bought him (or Foolier did) and for us that represents a major outlay. Given that, even if we are looking to unload him in January (and we surely are) then it makes sense to me to have him confident and firing before then so we get at least 7 or 8 million for him. You never know, Houllier might even buy him back :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:20 am

I havent watched the entire game but I do know a fair bit about Cisse and I cant understand why people want him to leave.

Let me ask you - Has Liverpool Football Club given Djbril Cisse a fair chance to prove himself? Dig deep down inside and give me a honest answer.

Majority of you folks will say no.

Cisse is one of the quickest forwards today. His pace compensates for everything else he lacks. At the end of the day you want a striker who can kick the ball in the back of the net, I have no doubt that Cisse is capable of doing that - just as Milan was. Whats a + about Cisse is his pace. He can leave defenders for dead and easily gain yards on them when running on goal, his finishing and predatory instincts have to be 'rekindled'. Just because you are a striker you cannot be expected to come in after a few games and show a magic touch, you regain your touch after a few games, just like a runner regains his stamina after a few days of running when he is back from a holiday in Ibiza.

Most strikers when back from injury or from a long spell on the bench have nothing to start with. They have to build their stamina, pace, touch and finishing with each game, Cisse here has an advantage as his pace is already there. He just needs to build on his touch and finishing and then he will be valued as a huge asset.

Sometimes I dont understand managers, I didnt understand Jose last night and I dont understand why Rafa refuses to use Cisse to his potential.

If he is to go I hope he joins a big club and proves his worth.

Chelsea Forever
Chelsea forever.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion