Everton V Liverpool 20-10-2007 (Prem) - All pre match discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:53 pm

bigmick wrote:Lucas did well when he came on, looks a nice footballer .

it means time to sell momo
whylongball?

Postby Bammo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:53 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Bammo wrote:Can people please get things into perspective. Rafa may have made some weird decisions but to suggest he's on the verge of being sacked or should be sacked is ridiculous. We're in a better league position at this stage of the season then we have been for about a decade. We're unbeaten in the league and right behind the leaders.

Look at it this way, we're playing poorly, Rafa is making strange decisions, we've no assistant manager yet we're still in a great position. Think how much better we'll be when we hit form :)

Mate.... you MUST be joking....

Some of the decisions made by the gaffer today was absolutely shocking...... we were very very very lucky..

I'll take the 3 points any day but how much longer can we go through that?

Some of them decisions were BEYOND bewildering, IMHO.

look at the league table.

i never said we played great or that rafa didn't make some strange decisions but we need to get things in perspective. despite all your complaints we're better off than we have been for YEARS!

who do you want him replaced by? Mourinho? then we'd go ultra defensive. who else is there? sammy lee? souness?

if we start losing then fine, call for rafa to go. asking for an undefeated manager to be sacked is laughable.

had kuyt, voronin and sissoko taken (very) easy chances then we'd all be hailing a great team display and celebrating a hammering.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm

bigmick wrote:Tactical genius, in Rafa we trust  :D Having said all that, feck 'em we've been robbed enough times. Bank the three points and get ourselves out of there. Lucas did well when he came on, looks a nice footballer but taking Gerrard off when he did? Dear oh dear.

You beat me to this by about a second Mick.

Some of his decisions today were right of the top drawer weren't they? Manager of the year stuff that was....   :no
ConnO'var

Postby Simari » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm

not impressed with rafa's post match interview esp re: comments about Lescott diving.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm

my god did you hear why Rafa took gerrard off he said these games need to be played with the brain and not with the Heart
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm

At the end of the day we were blessed today, but like Mick said we were robbed enough in the past.

Rafa just said he took Gerrard off because we needed to play with the brain and not the heart.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Sabre wrote:
Dundalk wrote:How in the name of god did he not give a pen to Everton there??

It was penalty yes. Which makes the victory even sweeter  :D

a pen? try 2 pens and a kuyt flying in the air 2 footed challange that only got a yellow card  :D

thank you Mark Clatinberg, your cheque is in the mail!  :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Talk about smash and grab! That was one of the most unconvincing 3 points you could get (away with)  :D

Fair play to the lads for coming out victorious - but i didn't see an awful lot to write home about performance wise, from anyone. Everton appeared to play there usual game, and by and large they deserved something out of the tie.

Relief is the best way to describe that. There will be better days when we don't get a reward, so it all balances out in the end i suppose.

3 more points though - however they are quarried out. And fingers crossed Arsenal drop something over the coming weeks. They have us and the mancs soon...its warming up!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Kung Fu Kuyt :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote:my god did you hear why Rafa took gerrard off he said these games need to be played with the brain and not with the Heart

Gerrard looked like he used his brain when he went down for the pen ! :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

bigmick wrote:Tactical genius, in Rafa we trust  :D Having said all that, feck 'em we've been robbed enough times. Bank the three points and get ourselves out of there. Lucas did well when he came on, looks a nice footballer but taking Gerrard off when he did? Dear oh dear.

Note that, nobody is saying the tactical genius thing. You told us to spare you from that, and you're the one saying it now.   :rasp

Shocking decissions, especially the Gerrard thing, but we did have the chances that we failed, and in derbies, I'll always think that the important thing are the 3 points. This will allow the lads to recover confidence and give the lads time to work on our problems (we saw those especially in the first half)
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

whylongball? wrote:
bigmick wrote:Lucas did well when he came on, looks a nice footballer .

it means time to sell momo

Awful 1st touch...

No "footballing brain" at all

I second that.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:57 pm

:buttrock  :bowdown

MAKE A DVD ABOUT THAT YOU SHOWER OF BA>STARDS!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
The Grudge

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:58 pm

The Grudge wrote: :buttrock  :bowdown

MAKE A DVD ABOUT THAT YOU SHOWER OF BA>STARDS!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby parvin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:58 pm

lucas is a great signing pity thou he shud have scored that goal , neville is a real :censored: , but i bet gerrard wud have done that 2 . good job rafa , he really proved me wrong , when hibbet went off , the game changed and with the amount of chances we have had , we shoudl have killed them 7-1 , ok lets sae they get 2 pens and score still its 7-3 .. Long like the reds , hope arsenal lose then we're the only unbeaten team , and next week we gonna plae them , some1 has to lose , i can't seeing it being a draw, the good news is that they have persie out for a month , we will hopefully have alonso , agger and defiently torres back , kuyt was absoultely sensational today .. gerrard coming off was shocking but it was a good one .

lucas showed why we paid 8 million for him , he went it for every 50-50 , and won almost all , sissoko was probaly our worst player today but lucky we did not exploited by his mistakes. i bet u the most happy person with this result is not rafa, gerrard nor carra .. its hypia , it was his mistake with the goal but sorry mr hypia, u need to step down , he is no longer the player he once was. he can't plae in big games like this due to his lack of pace .

Lets go bolton , i got a feeling bolton gonna nick a cheeky win here , nolan.

moyes eyes almost fell out of his sockets , haha
YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE:D
parvin

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion