Everton game - Vital 90 mins.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:53 pm

the everton - blackburn game could decide the future of our club for years to come, its that big.
a everton win and i cannot see us getting fourth place especially in light of our recent form.
as someone has already pointed out if we fail to achieve champions league football then definatley gerrard and probably others will want to abandon ship. realistically our replacements would be imports who will take time to settle.
plus the lift it would give everton next season would be massive, and dont forget they have hardly spent any of the rooney money yet and even if they dont get out of the group stages it will seem like winning the lottery to them.
like it or not everton have been one of the traditional big five and for most of the history of the game (1880`s - 1960`s) were probably the closest to united in terms of wealth and prestige. only the genius of bill shankly and our almost freakish run of success propelled us from provincial also rans into the big league. forget about spurs, city or newcastle -everton are the biggest of the sleeping giants.
that day when everton somehow came back from 2-0 down at home to wimbledon to stay up i remember thinking jammy ****** someday we will rue that day.
i hope today isnt that day.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:54 pm

everton will scrape a 1-0 in a dire game. i can see it now. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:03 pm

I'm afraid to say this but any lingering hopes we have of finnishing 4th will be dead and buried if the blue sh..te win to-day its no good the "never say dies" coming on here and  going on about "blind faith" and all that, the reality will be that we will not finish 4th and dont deserve to, we have to face facts no matter how much it hurts (and believe me it hurts!) we are not good enough the league table does not lie, we might find ourselves in a dog fight just to qualify for the uefa cup! its a sorry state of affairs, but a lot of it is our own undoing.  :down:  :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:05 pm

Let them get 4th place.

For what its worth, they will most likely get knocked out in the champions league qualifier (so no champions league money) & get relegated next season.

we should have a better next season (unless rafa is actually houllier in disguise  :p )
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:09 pm

Or if there is a god?...by some miracle we win the CL and thus deprive the "scum" of qualifying for CL cos thats the only way we can be sure we are in it next season now that would really ****** the blue sh..e off!! :D  :D  :laugh:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:11 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Or if there is a god?...by some miracle we win the CL and thus deprive the "scum" of qualifying for CL cos thats the only way we can be sure we are in it next season now that would really ****** the blue sh..e off!! :D  :D  :laugh:

like it  :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:12 pm

That would be hilarious  :D

Come on Blackburn
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Lets hope brad  has a good day in goal, and the "scum" pick up more than their fair share of injuries?..i would love it if they win by a last min freak goal!..and "woodison park" collapses on the vermen as they scurrie out of that sh.t hole!!  :laugh:  :laugh:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:32 pm

I think the most important thing is that we win our next 2 premiership matches, Blackburn (Home) and Everton (Home).

Presuming that Everton win today (always prepare for the worst case scenario), we would be 5 points behind Everton if we could win those 2 games. Both games are at home and we can expect a few players back.

Both games are more than winnable, epically since they are at home, then a 5-point gap would be more realistic to pull back. But those next 2 games will define whether we are capable of making a late challenge for that very important 4th place.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:40 pm

In reality to-days game is a "six pointer" for everscum its asking a bit much to overhaul an 11 pt lead? even if we beat b'burn and the "scum"?..what is the blue shi.es next game? ???
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:40 pm

we need a break today, a dodgy pen for blackburn or something. i dont think our players have the fighting spirit to pull back an 11 point gap in ten games. and to be fair it would be a big ask for someone like united or chelsea with the pressure of losing champions league qualification to their city rivals hanging over them. in every game the pressure would be unbearable, to cope with this over 10 games takes some doing. especially if the birmingham game was anything to go by when we knew a win would close the gap.
i think if everton win today we`re fifth.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:44 pm

Yeah its all but over if they win to-day..it could be the final nail for us! :down:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:28 pm

what time do they kick off?
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby mistyred » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:47 pm

Little David Thompson will have a say in this game :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:47 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:I'm afraid to say this but any lingering hopes we have of finnishing 4th will be dead and buried if the blue sh..te win to-day

yes it will be very difficult
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion