Enough of the rubbish - Don't kid yourself

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Cisse better for France though? i dont want an argument maybe im just wrong? just dont like Anelka cos he scored against us and he played for ARSEnal

Fowler scored against us - do you dislike him too?

Cisse DOES have a better international record, though.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:00 pm

For what I've seen of Anelka in Real Madrid and some games in England, he's the kind of player that would have Drummerphil angry many weeks. Class touches but not regular in his performance. Patrick Kluivert is also a nice to see player, his movements are smart and a joy to see, but he fails to score on a regular basis.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Irish_Red » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:12 pm

he is a bit of a kluivert style player but i didnt want to say it !!!! i know he would prob would never come to us and etc but im telling you i would love

Eider Gudjohnsen  Robbie Fowler

parthnership!
maidhc o reilly
Irish_Red

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Cisse better for France though? i dont want an argument maybe im just wrong? just dont like Anelka cos he scored against us and he played for ARSEnal

Fowler scored against us - do you dislike him too?

Cisse DOES have a better international record, though.

Good point, Fowler is god  :bowdown

Image Image

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:51 pm

Irish_Red wrote:he is a bit of a kluivert style player but i didnt want to say it !!!! i know he would prob would never come to us and etc but im telling you i would love

parthnership!

You'd want Gudjohnsen after what he did to Alonso?. The guy's a :censored:
AlanHansen

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:00 pm

I'd rather take a p*ss on a Pylon than have Gudjohnson at LFC.

The albino w*nker.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Irish_Red » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:01 pm

get over it will you , eider is a class act and would walk into our team.........am sure alonso would be the first person to welcome his signing ,,,,,,

luis garcia broke roy keane's foot when we needed him against france ..... but i still love luis garcia!

its time you built a bridge and get over it !
maidhc o reilly
Irish_Red

Postby drummerphil » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:04 pm

Irish_Red wrote:he is a bit of a kluivert style player but i didnt want to say it !!!! i know he would prob would never come to us and etc but im telling you i would love

parthnership!

Eider Gudjohnsen  is a player i've rated for some time and its a credit to him if you think about it,that whilst Chelsea have been splashing silly money about he has retained a place in the squad.
Hes very underated imo.......and yes i agree he would be a good buy and the understanding that Nando would be the player to go.

dont take it personally btw what i said earlier,its just some of these topics have been done to death.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:07 pm

drummerphil wrote:

parthnership!

Eider Gudjohnsen  is a player i've rated for some time and its a credit to him if you think about it,that whilst Chelsea have been splashing silly money about he has retained a place in the squad.
Hes very underated imo.......and yes i agree he would be a good buy and the understanding that Nando would be the player to go.

dont take it personally btw what i said earlier,its just some of these topics have been done to death.

oh a quick addition..........we would never get him though..
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Irish_Red » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:12 pm

when i posted my first couple of comments they were rubbish i think we all agree on that !!!
but ya i think we would have a real good player on our hands if we could knick him!

Rotated players in the chelsea squad like---- Eidur , cudicini, shaun wright philips and even damien duff could easily be tempted to a club like liverpool if we put forward a decent offer( i wanted us to sign Joe Cole last janurary   i think we might have got him too )

i would imagine 12mill would easily get us duff, with duff and kewell swapping wings through the match.....
prob even a better prospect would be SWP  instead of Simao ( would only cost a few million quid extra)
maidhc o reilly
Irish_Red

Postby drummerphil » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm

Irish_Red wrote:when i posted my first couple of comments they were rubbish i think we all agree on that !!!
but ya i think we would have a real good player on our hands if we could knick him!

Rotated players in the chelsea squad like---- Eidur , cudicini, shaun wright philips and even damien duff could easily be tempted to a club like liverpool if we put forward a decent offer( i wanted us to sign Joe Cole last janurary   i think we might have got him too )

i would imagine 12mill would easily get us duff, with duff and kewell swapping wings through the match.....
prob even a better prospect would be SWP  instead of Simao ( would only cost a few million quid extra)

do you really think Chelsea would ever sell us anyone........never in a million years..... :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:16 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
drummerphil wrote:or has some fecking looney bin lost a few inmates.

Yeah, curse LFC.tv's opening hours.  You can only post there at stupid 'o' clock these days so they're all coming on here.

:D lol tell it like it is ay Jmac..  :D

Green font will trouble some with visual impairements, OK newbie... oh and welcome  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:03 pm

Irish_Red wrote:when i posted my first couple of comments they were rubbish i think we all agree on that !!!

Duff's left footed. We've got good width on the left, we need good width on the right. At the moment that only seems to happen when Gerrard plays out there with Finnan.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Irish_Red wrote:anelka is  a class act........the reason he isnt in the french squad  is because he has an rep that is hyped up by the english media. i mean he has an big ego but  so does cisse who has  half this guy's ability and continous potential.
anelka seemed to love his time at anfield by the sounds of past comments,
anelka gets his rep from chopping and changing clubs......i think at mancity and now at fernabance he feels he's wasting his talent......... at liverpool ( a massive club and history )  he would revel in the role and succeed..... Anelka is getting older and i doubt he wants the spoilt child rep following him around...
liverpool would do well to sell cisse and bring in Anelka

despite what believe may think - anelka has always come across to me as a quiet fella - doubt he has a destructive influence on a group of professionals like Gerrard , Carra , Alonso and Fowler !
any how if he did get out of line Pepe Reina WOULD thrash him!

That's well said. Anelka would shine for us and offer a little bit of everything. But most importantly, he'll score mountains of goals.

I also agree on your assessment. His talents are being wasted in mediocre teams. Back here with a team he obviously love and with a fabulous midfield support and a good manager and great supporters Anelka will shine. He'll be available for about £5 millions and that is a steal for a proven premiership goalscorer.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:26 pm

I think Anelka would be a welcome addition because he is definite above anyone we have right now. He can do all as he is really a complete player. He had really done nothing wrong while he was with us couple years back. He is also a proven EPL strikers who can score goals. He is also perfect for our formation with only a lone striker up front.

As for Nando, before he came, everyone was so excited and thought he is going to score tons of goals for us. I didn't hear any negative remarks then but now it seems everyone wanted him to go. I just hope this vicious cycle of love and hate don't repeat itself next time a new striker comes.

Just want to comment a little bit why not one striker had performed the way they should be. I think for using a rotation system, I agreed 100% with Rafa but not at the striker position.  Strikers need to be relaxed and not worrying about whether he is going to play the next game. This will put additional pressure which would definitely affect the players performance. If Rafa continue to do this, it doesn't matter who we have but the result will be the same. Do you think Henry or Van Horse will score the same number of goals if they are in a rotation system? I'm sure the answer is no because they will never be at a comfortable level to perform.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion