EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:03 pm

I wonder how long it is until Emre gets fed up with being forced in unnatural positions

Mark my words like coutinho this lad will leave the club and win a domestic league and CL before we do

Just like Suarez, Mascherano, Alonso, Reina Arbeloa  Torres won the Champions league and Europa league

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:55 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 pm wrote:I wonder how long it is until Emre gets fed up with being forced in unnatural positions

Mark my words like coutinho this lad will leave the club and win a domestic league and CL before we do

Just like Suarez, Mascherano, Alonso, Reina Arbeloa  Torres won the Champions league and Europa league

He has been disappointing so far this season. I dont think he is quite good enough yet for a starting position. Not as a CB and not as a CM. I agree that playing him out of position doesnt do his development any good. He's a box to box midfielder in the Yaya Toure mold except nowhere near as effective in any aspect of the game. The only way for him to improve the areas of his game that can realistically improve (positioning & decision making in particular; I'm not sure he'll ever reach the top top level) is for him to get more experience in the role. It's between him and Milner for that CM spot alongside Henderson and Lucas and atm, neither has convinced.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:07 pm

I think he's better as a ball playing CB, yes the defensive side of his game needs work but he's only 20/21.
A lot of the top sides these days like Barcelona and Bayern don't have old fashioned Tony Adams/Terry Butcher type CB's who are out and out defenders, they prefer players who are maybe not as good defensively but are better on the ball.
I think Can can develop into one of these modern CB's, imo he's at his best when carrying the ball out of defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:21 pm

I don’t think he’s CB or an out and out DM/Number6. If we’re playing a single pivot he can’t be it. I think the CM/Number 8 position that Henderson and Miller currently fill is where we’ll make the most of his attributes.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 am

He would be my CM coming off the bench for Milner at around the 60th minute mark. Bring on his energy and enthusiasm when the oppositions midfield is starting to get tired.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:06 pm

I'd hazard a guess that he may well be in the first 11 ahead of Milner if Klopp gets the job.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:02 pm

This lad really needs to tighten up when in possession. Turns over possession over to the oppo far too much.
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Doeboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:02 pm wrote:This lad really needs to tighten up when in possession. Turns over possession over to the oppo far too much.

He thinks he is much better then he actually is....has too much confidence.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:31 pm

I think he is vastly overrated and has been poor this season.

He has time to improve but his decision making is bad and technically hes very ordinary.

Can looks like he should be a good player, physically strong and imposing, but he burns a lot of energy chasing nothing and quite often has shot his bolt on the hour mark and ready for off.

If we want to be a top 4 club then you only have to look if Can would get in any of the teams in those positions and he definately would not, most of our midfield wouldnt either.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:37 pm

think he's simply trying too hard. He's still young and is little more than a squad player at the moment. Hopefully Klopp will get the most out of him as he's got bags of potential...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:23 am

Yep still only 21 and needs to be given time to develop but needs to cut out the sloppy handing over possession to the oppo. It puts us massively on the backfoot,  especially against teams like Palace who are pacey and direct on the counter
Doeboy

Postby eds » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:36 am

I'm still not convinced on him as a player and where exactly his best position on the field is.

He is not a proper DM nor a CM. Lucas is still our best DM and Henderson / Milner our better CMs, but that's not saying much on either front.

He isn't a better CB than Skrtel or Sakho, maybe slightly better than Lovren.

He is young BUT has had a large amount of games to show us what he has, and I'm not really that impressed.

Strong player, decent tackler and tidy passer but is pretty poor from a creative POV and makes too many silly decisions. 

Give him till the end of the season and if he hasn't improved loan him out next season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:56 am

Why out on loan?

If Klopp can't find a position and a place for him then lets cash in and move on. It's more important to bring in the right player surely?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:01 am

A howler of a mistake for their first goal. What was he thinking??
Hopefully he will realise that you mustn't mess about in the box
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 am

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:think he's simply trying too hard. He's still young and is little more than a squad player at the moment. Hopefully Klopp will get the most out of him as he's got bags of potential...

Pretty accurate conclusion ,the lad has football ,has skill ,pace and strength but he is trying too much ,he is at times out of control he has too much confidence...he needs to relax and think more of his position on the pitch and what he aims on doing. Till then he can sit on the bench.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion