Emlyn hughes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Feckin amazing player , so underated by the southern press at the time . Two footed , brilliant shot , brave as anyone and strong as feck . What a player he was , RIP crazyhorse .

Goals against the bitters and that screeching voice, waving hands and arms and smile as wide as lime street.
They dont make them like that any more
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

redhayesy wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The finest captain Liverpool Football Club ever had.... it was an honor Sir 
R.I.P  CRAZYHORSE 1947 -2004

also mate, i find it sad that there isn't even a mention of him on the offical web site!  for all youngsters of LFC out there,his love & enthusiasm as a person & player were second to none. it's all about education in remembering Emlyn in everything he did for & stood for.

Not a mention in the Echo either Lad ....all publications and web sites that reflect what's happening concerning Liverpool FC  , should hang their heads in shame ,that such an iconic figure should be forgotten so easily ......
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Feckin amazing player , so underated by the southern press at the time . Two footed , brilliant shot , brave as anyone and strong as feck . What a player he was , RIP crazyhorse .

...and the northern press!!!

the man was an absolute legend, will always be an absolute legend

the people who mattered always knew his awesomness
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E68XKOF9nfA&p=A4AAE14D36DB191E&playnext=1&index=14
Nuff said
:cool:
Thommo's perm

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Growing up a Liverpool fan I loved Emlyn whose wonderful sense of humour appealed. He was a player I aspired to be like both on and off the pitch. A legend who was sadly taken from us early but will always be remembered...to Crazy Horse a Hero to the club he graced as player and captain.
loopyliverpool

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am

quite possibly, alongside Ian Callaghan, one of the nicest people in the game ever. 24/7 smile, enthusiasm, passion and commitment. the good ones always go too early  :bowdown
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Before my time and unlike strikers, defenders clips aren't really the same.

I remember him from question of sport - funny guy, really liked him in that role.

I miss the days top players were signed from blackpool, patrick thistle (hanson), preston (lawro), chester (rush) etc.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion