Emile heskey - Will he keep it up this time?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:02 am

yeah and you go to how many matches?
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:06 am

Today Heskey had a reasonable game.1st half was very dominant in the air but sadly nothing came of the flick-ons.Faded in the 2nd half,but was a rock whilst defending.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:06 am

Did you see his run?

Knocking players out the way, using skill, pace, power and direct running.

I was sure he was fouled at the end but he didn't appeal. I can only assume that one of the two last ditch desperate attempts to clear the ball was a fair tackle which was played off him and out for a goal kick. Would have been some goal tho.
115-1073096938

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:08 pm

Heskey will be back in his shell within 2 months because his character is of that nature. Its a pity
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:58 pm

lets give him a chance lads hes better than some of that cr#p we got
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:53 am

stu_the_red,I do get to games actually so think of something else to say!.#
You are what tipifies GH's atittude about supporters...
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:36 am

Yeah mate how many do you go to?

I see these players week in week out, the treble season i missed Tottenham and Chelsea away... thats it.

So don't give me cr#p about Heskey being "pure sh##e".

Ability wise he's excellent, his form is often a problem.

The reason Gerard slags these "fans" and "supporters" is because they are absoloute ******* moronic idiots who wouldn't know a good player if they saw one and hardly ever go to a game.

The amount that ring these phone ins and say something like "i didn't go to the game today but judging by the commentry so and so had a sh##e game and isn't good enough" is f##king ludicrus.

They always do it... ring up and comment on the team from what they see on the highlights or what they've read or heard. The real fans and true supporters are the ones that go to the football matches on a regular basis and make judgements based upon 90 minutes of live football. Not 5 minute highlights, newspaper reports etc etc. Also i am a firm believer in supporting your local team :)
115-1073096938

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:09 am

Lighten up, Stu - I get your point and there are many so-called "fans" who will not think twice about slagging off the players when they only watched highlight on telly. However, there are some who are genuinely fans who can only watch games on cable because they live in another continent, like yours truly - I live in Asia and wish to be able to go to Anfield at least once in my life. My sis works in UMIST in manchester and perhaps sometime in the near future, I will be able to fulfil my wishes.
Back to Heskey - he has the qualities to make a big impact, just need to improve on his first touch and somehow find consistency in his game. Too many times he disappears but perhaps this is just a result of the general way Liverpool play under Houllier. I bet he can improve under a defferent regime of management with a different game-playing approach and with the addition of several new players in key position.
He has shown that at times he can be very good as we have seen recently.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:00 pm

The reason he dissapears isn't down to the management.

If anything its down to the god awful atmosphere in our stadium, no coincidence he plays far better away from home where the supporters support and don't abuse and boo.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:17 pm

Relax Stu, get a grip man!

So you go to all the games? What do you want, a medal?

Does that make you better than the likes of those in China and Malaysia who tune in every week on tv and radio, saving up enough cash to make the "once in a lifetime trip to Anfield"?

Or what about the hundred (sometimes thousands) of Irish fans who make the weekly trip over by ferry or charter flight?

What about the Finns and Norwegians who have started to come over a lot in recent years? Some of the nicest people I have met at Liverpool games have been Finns.

All of these people are entitled to their opinion on Liverpool as well. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have a licence to stuff it down their throats.

Incidentally, I agree with a lot of what you say about Heskey. He has a very good physique and at times, great ability. His problem is that he can disappear into his shell for 6 months and you cant have a player who does that. That's my 2 cents at least: I expect you to shove it back up my a#se!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:31 pm

nar i'll keep away from ur a#se  :D
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:20 am

stu firstly i go to games and have been going since i was kid.
WHAT DOES IT MATTER ANYWAY. i you trying to say that our fans from all over the country europe and the rest of the world should not have an opinion.
That u are the only true liverpool fan and what u say is gossible.
U would make a good assistant to houlier
As U talk s##t
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:26 am

Hey guys, let's not slag each other off because our opinions differ. I find Stu's comments OK, given that he must be a real fan who goes to all the games. perhaps he is just as frustated as the rest of us because our beloved club seem to lack ambition, the drive and is stagnating for the past few seasons.
I personally enjoy this forum and read the threads every day becvause I can post and exchange viewpoints from so many Liverpool fans.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:36 am

Dav am saying that if you go to the matches mate, and watch 90 minuttes live, you get a better view of the players and a stronger basis to form an opinion which relates to the truth rather than seeing 5 minutes on highlights, watching a game on tv, listening to a radio or reading a news report.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:53 am

yes and i agree going to matches u see more than edited highlights
still dosent change anything.
heskey is a striker paid to score goals and he dosent
rush
fowler
owen
hunt
now they are and were all strikers
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<