Emile heskey... - Should i stay or should i go ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:17 pm

Latest new story on the big fella, the following wormed its way onto Sky Sports . Com

Liverpool striker Emile Heskey has pledged his future to the club despite more reports linking him with a summer move away from Anfield.

Fresh reports on Tuesday have linked Birmingham City with a move for the England international, while Middlesbrough and Tottenham have been credited with an interest in the big striker in the past.

Heskey has taken the rumours in his stride and insists he wants to stay at Anfield as he is happy at Liverpool.

"There's always speculation about me. It's Birmingham this morning, it was Middlesbrough last month and it was Tottenham before that," Heskey told the club's official website.

"I'm used to these stories appearing now but they don't affect me at all. I just keep plugging away and keep trying to do my best whenever the manager selects me.

"I have another year to go on my contract and of course I want to stay here. I'm happy at Liverpool and will stay until I'm told otherwise."

Heskey's future has been the subject of intense speculation for a number of months, with Auxerre striker Djibril Cisse expected to arrive at Anfield next season.

Do you people beleive its time Emile packed his bags and went to Spurs or Boro, or is there still a role for big Emile if or when we get a new manager?

Onme last point, Martin O'neill. who many of you hope will take over the reigns in the summer is a big fan of Heskey, a la Leicester days........

Food For Thought.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:20 pm

I think the lad should stay another season at least. Ciise wont' ( but I hope he is ) be an over night success and we need a proven goal scorer on the bench.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:26 pm

I think keep him. He loves playing for Liverpool and he's clearly a dangerous and talented player when on form and confident, you saw that in his first Liverpool season and when he plays for England.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:38 pm

Get shot of Kermit and we'll see who stays and who goes with him. Heskey flatters to deceive, most of his "qualities" which people go on about are things which can only be measured subjectively, things like "working hard" or "holding the ball up", but the bottom line is we have been mediocre recently and Heskey doesn't score enough goals. I for one would like to see us play a passing game rather than aiming long balls at a target man, the second reason I want Heskey gone (the first being his scoring "record")
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:55 pm

get rid
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:25 pm

His form is too inconsistent. He looks great when he puts his mind to it but sadly most of the time he looks like he needs a bit of aggression drumming into him. 9 times out of 10 he's just not good enough for LFC. Let him go.

If poss sell him abroad cos the bugger will probably score a hat trick the first time he plays against us
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:32 pm

The fee being touted is only £3 million. Would you let him go for that?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:37 pm

ckay wrote:The fee being touted is only £3 million. Would you let him go for that?

Anyone who thinks we should keep him is mad. he is one of the worst forwards to play for liverpool in the last 40 years.

To say " loves playing for liverpool" is s##t, I would love it too but should I be paid £40k a week to look the cr#p the player I am.

to say "its a confidence problem" is equally daft, he's s##t, therefore has low confidence, therefore plays s##t - see the circle.

I hope he breaks a leg and Liverpool get some insurance money.

I really think he costs us so many points every year by being a coward and not appearing in the box where the action is.

I despise him ( in a red shirt)!

I hope he's gone before O'neill comes (if he does)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:37 pm

I'd be reluctant to let him go for that little, maybe £4-5m. What's his wages - £40k a week? That's £2m a year off the payroll
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:50 pm

ckay wrote:I think the lad should stay another season at least. Ciise wont' ( but I hope he is ) be an over night success and we need a proven goal scorer on the bench.

proven goal scorer!!!!!! i hope your not refering to heskey as a proven goal scorer.

Get rid of the waste of space. All he seems to do is complain. The best thing about heskey is his defending and that is sad considering he'd a forward

PROVEN GOAL SCORER  : :laugh:
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:53 pm

Rimetto wrote:
ckay wrote:I think the lad should stay another season at least. Ciise wont' ( but I hope he is ) be an over night success and we need a proven goal scorer on the bench.

proven goal scorer!!!!!! i hope your not refering to heskey as a proven goal scorer.

Get rid of the waste of space. All he seems to do is complain. The best thing about heskey is his defending and that is sad considering he'd a forward

PROVEN GOAL SCORER  : :laugh:

He's scored goals at all levels i.e proven!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:05 pm

would u call hypia a proven goal scorer? ???? ????

He's scored for us this season. Heskey is a liability. He should be scoring more or at least setting some up but he does nothing. He is one of the biggest if not the biggest forward in the league but he doesn't do enogh damage for me. If you compare him to someone like Shearer or beattie for instance they cause twice as much trouble for defences. He needs to go and then maybe we'll get down to some good quality football where when the ball is passed up to the forwards it gets controlled first time and it gets passed to someone who's supporting them.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:22 pm

I read an article by Paul McGrath and he said in his last year, when his legs were totally gone, he could still mark Heskey out of a game without any trouble and in McGraths words "that told me a lot about the player"
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:32 pm

Big Niall wrote:I read an article by Paul McGrath and he said in his last year, when his legs were totally gone, he could still mark Heskey out of a game without any trouble and in McGraths words "that told me a lot about the player"

I can also remember Rivaldo saying that Heskey was the only england player they'd welcome in there national squad.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:37 pm

I like Heskey but too often he doesn't punch his weight. A fella his size should be terrorising defences not falling down and looking at the ref for protection. I'd like him more if he picked up a few red cards for smackin' someone :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion