Emile heskey - Praise

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:13 pm

Excellent performance yesterday, a few superb through balls, movement, power and drive. He created a goal and scored a goal and was not far away from grabbing two.

For me this season i don't think he's been as bad as people have made out. When Baros and Owen were injured that didn't help his situation. He's put in a few good performances and done ok most of the season.

Last season he was poor and deserved the flack, this season i think he's been a bit harshly treated.

We all know that when he's at his best he's a hell of a player, its just a shame he couldn't show it on a consistent basis. I really like Emile and still think now that he is the ideal partner for Owen when he is on form.

However i do think the time has come for a change. He's failed to recapture the form shown in the treble season consistently and its not as if he hasn't had the chances over the last three seasons.

I just hope he succeeds wherever he goes. :)
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 12:24 pm

yesterdays match just showed what heskey CAN do when he puts his mind to it. he's very much a confidence player and to me he has been short of that for long spells this season.

the guy doesn't realise how good he could be, for both club and country. if he could somehow recapture the form of the treble season, him and owen would be a superb partnership. the way the two of them linked yesterday was top class imo.

anyway, i'm sure brum were impressed and i've got no doubts he will be playing his footy there next season. he's a midlands lad after all. you just know he'll probably come back and haunt us don't you?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby DAV » Sun May 09, 2004 1:56 pm

that is the best all round performance i have seen in months.
heskey even played well
well done the pool
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 1:58 pm

it's also only the SECOND time that we have won three league games on the trot. that is SHOCKING. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Sun May 09, 2004 3:29 pm

If you buy a Porche you wouldn't want it to pull a caravan - If you buy a big black scary centre forward why play him in a tricky dickie role in mid field or left wing.
Heskey was and is a good player who sides Owen better than anyone, all the French idiot had to realise was than if it aint broke-----
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 09, 2004 3:41 pm

If Heskey has been that bad, what in him, do you think, that made Eriksson thinks he deserves the regular lineup?  ???
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 3:43 pm

owen plays his best alongside heskey, simple as that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:19 pm

he scored 4 against west brom away last season. Owen plays his best when his frame of mind is right. It doesn't matter who he's playing with.
115-1073096938

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun May 09, 2004 9:17 pm

If Owen does not leave this summer then Cisse will be his next partner.

I feel sorry for Cisse, the amount of pressure houllier is putting on him is unbelievable. He said today that Cisse will make a huge impact and is his henry   or he will be the next henry how many times have we heard that word "next". I know Cisse is class but he is not Henry. Houllier also said he is as fast if not faster than henry. Poor Cise
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:19 pm

All he said was he's as quick as Henry.

He didn't say he's the next Henry at all. Stop talking out of your back passage. :)
115-1073096938

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun May 09, 2004 9:22 pm

I think he did. He said that cisse is his henry. I remember well he said he as fast if not faster than henry.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun May 09, 2004 9:27 pm

sorry your right he said he is quick and maybe as quick as henry but not at the same skill level yet
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 10:52 pm

HE ALSO SAID CHEYROU IS THE NEXT ZIDANE. BUT I STILL THINK CISSE WILL BE THE MAN NEXT SEASON
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon May 10, 2004 1:50 am

Heskey's probably the player who comes in for the most stick in the team with maybe the exception of Biscan.

I've often commented in here that LFC as team play diffrentlyas a tram when Heskey's on the pitch  in terms of p[laying the ball long and high for heskey to hopefully hea don for Owen. However when he is not playing we immediately start knocking it o feet and thats not Emile's fault !

Yesterday was the exception, we passed to feet from the off and Emile and ultimately Michal benefitted from this style of play...  I like Hekey as a person , he always conducts himself well and is an ambassador for LFC, you never hear him whinging to the papers or being petulant on the pitch.....a rwal Pro but i think he is as good as old and GH's comments after the game yesterday confirmed as much .....

Good Luck Emile ......One of Soccers nice guys
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon May 10, 2004 4:46 am

With Cisse in the team next season onwards, Liverpool will have one more forward/striker in the squad. Do we keep them all - Owen, Cisse, Baros, Heskey, Diouf (he was bought as a striker), Mellor et al - and be like Chelsea before Abrahamovic, saddled with too many non-performing players and saddled with a very high wage bill?

Heskey, Diouf, Smicer and some other players in various positions have been good in very rare instances and if Houllier has designated Cisse to be the one of the main strikers, then the squad size has to be trimmed and unloaded while they can still command some market value.

Personally, I think heskey should be off-loaded, regardless of his late season form, just as I think that Houllier should go, Champions' League qualification or otherwise.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion