Dudek - What are poland thinking of?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby EddieC » Tue May 23, 2006 5:34 pm

I can't believe Dudek hasn't been included in Polands squad.

Ok, he hasn't played a lot this season, but when he has he's looked more than good enough to play for Poland. If the coach wasn't sure he should've still named him in the squad and made him prove himself at the training camp.

Can anyone actually name another Polish player? I can't. Dudek is by far the biggest name in their squad, and at almost any other club would be the first choice keeper.

Does anyone know of any other reason he's been left out, cos I'm sure he should at least be in the squad, if not the first 11.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue May 23, 2006 5:36 pm

Artur Boruc....played the whole season for Celtic and has done ok
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 pm

well said . the guy's been shat on for me :no

while were at it the exclusion of didi hamann is also an eyeopener...

neither poland nor germany have that kind of quality in depth to be dismissive of these 2 lads, surely  ???

and just to totally ruin the thread...for me even morientes has some value to add to spains table?

still, there'll be others who unjustly get left behind. there always is. Vicente is another one.... at least one thing good comes from it.  if dudek/didi and nando are still at liverpool next season, at least they wont be as knackered!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby EddieC » Tue May 23, 2006 5:46 pm

red37 wrote:while were at it the exclusion of didi hamann is also an eyeopener...

Good point, forgot he'd been left out too.

Another player who's easily good enough to at least make the squad, but sod it, anything that makes the opposition weaker...
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 23, 2006 5:50 pm

eddie he's 32 FFS how on earth germany will manage with what can only be described as a very 'average' squad is beyond me..still, like you say, any weakness is englands gain i suppose.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 23, 2006 6:23 pm

He can count himself very unlucky but most international managers are the same, if you are not playing they wont pick you.

Cant understand Didi not going with Germany though.... ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue May 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Pretty sure I read that the polish manager had expressed his cocern at the lack of match football Dudek had played prior to xmas, in other words ' the winter transfer window is coming up, if you want to go the world cup, go somewhere and play week in week out' Dudek put his seatbelt on and stayed put. £60,000 a week?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 23, 2006 6:48 pm

Hes never on that money is he??
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Tue May 23, 2006 7:10 pm

red37 wrote:well said . the guy's been shat on for me :no

while were at it the exclusion of didi hamann is also an eyeopener...

neither poland nor germany have that kind of quality in depth to be dismissive of these 2 lads, surely  ???

and just to totally ruin the thread...for me even morientes has some value to add to spains table?

still, there'll be others who unjustly get left behind. there always is. Vicente is another one.... at least one thing good comes from it.  if dudek/didi and nando are still at liverpool next season, at least they wont be as knackered!

you went too far when you mentioned morientes.
coolsobs

Postby andy_g » Tue May 23, 2006 7:33 pm

as someone said, it goes to show how much importance international managers place on their squad members playing regular football. there are a number of squads with surprise omissions of members of our club; germany with hamman, poland with dudek and spain with morientes. (and despite his poor showings with us i was expecting him to have a decent world cup).

with the exception of swp, on the other hand, eriksson seems to be going the other way and is determined to include recovering, injured and completely untested players.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 23, 2006 8:24 pm

neil wrote:Pretty sure I read that the polish manager had expressed his cocern at the lack of match football Dudek had played prior to xmas, in other words ' the winter transfer window is coming up, if you want to go the world cup, go somewhere and play week in week out' Dudek put his seatbelt on and stayed put. £60,000 a week?

i was just about to say the same thing, i`m sure i can remember polands manager putting pressure on dudek to move to psv earlier on in the season and citing a world cup place as a lever.
`putting pressure on` is probably too strong a phrase to use in this instance but he definately put his oar in.
not giving him a starting place is understandable with jerzy`s lack of gametime but surley he was worth a place in the squad.
dont most country`s take 3 keepers as well?
from the outside this looks a bit personal, it reminds me a bit of alan hansen getting left out of the scotland squad by alex ferguson.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue May 23, 2006 8:40 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:Artur Boruc....played the whole season for Celtic and has done ok

and the other lad, Zurawski (sp?) or something like that.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 pm

To be honest, I just don't care. It's unlikely that he'll last the summer, so I'm not really concerned in that sense. Secondly, if Poland got it right to leave him out, then what's the fuss, if they got it wrong, and we meet them in the last 16, (which is a distinct posibility) then we should have an easier time. He knew Pepe was coming in as Rafa's no.1, so he had a chance to head for pastures new and didn't take it. He made his bed and he has to lie in it. I love the man for what he did in Istanbul, and in retrospect, despite his many flaws, he did a good job for us when he was first choice. But he should have known when to move on. If you don't play, you don't get picked (unless you're Theo Walcott) and he must have realised this.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Tue May 23, 2006 9:15 pm

tbh would Boruc and Tomas kuszcak of WBA be not worth thier places they are top keepers.

Its a shame his treatment but when his last meaningful contribution was a year ago its hard to pick him. sadly for him
Squigels

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 23, 2006 9:55 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:He knew Pepe was coming in as Rafa's no.1, so he had a chance to head for pastures new and didn't take it. He made his bed and he has to lie in it.

to be honest ace i seem to remember dudek really wanted to leave but rafa wasnt having any of it.
i remember dudek getting pretty cranky at the time to the extent he started mouthing off in the press which i found surprising because he seems one of the nicest fella`s you could ever meet.
he`s probably more a victim of rafa`s hard nosed approach than a slacker who wanted a cushy life on the bench.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion