Dudek told to look for other club - :(

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:17 am

I don`t know the reputations of Polish papers when it comes to reliability, but considering all the :censored: claimed in most papers I`ve become far to paranoid to look upon this as nothing but rumours.

Btw, I think I haven`t seen before a player claiming he`s to tired to fight for a place amonst the starting XI  ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:25 am

dudek should leave ,he must realise that rafa will not spend that money on a goalkeeper and especially a spanish galkeeper and sit him on the bench.and with young carson there as well it is going to be a struggle to even make the bench.rafa rates carson very highly and probably thinks his development will be better served as a number two.leaving dudek the odd man out,at least dudek knows he leaves anfield with his head up high and immortal name in anfield legend for his heroics in the ataturk and also for pulling off the greatest double save of all time.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:26 am

I haven't seen that much of Reina. From what I have seen I wouldn't have been shelling out a big fee on him but I trust Rafa and am the first to admit my knowledge of overseas football is threadbare at best.
On the question of Dudek, I am certain now is the right time to move him on. He is not a keeper who inspires any confidence and the next howler is always ready and waiting to happen. That said, his saves from Shevchenko from the header, and particularly from the free-kick when we were still 3-0 down will mean he will always be fondly remembered by us all. He does seem like a smashing fella aswell which while not saving many goals always helps IMHO. If we can get some sort of fee or a reduction on a purchase then I think we should go ahead. Jerzy deserves to play, to ply his goalkeeping trade in his own inimmitable style and to continue to put a smile on peoples faces.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:34 am

Fair play to Jerzy all the Best to him where ever he go's,he has gone down as a Anfield Legend if you ask me :D
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:17 pm

Dudek should leave on a high...otherwise he'll just get the bench and play 2-3 games only to leave in Jan.

i'm hoping he's going to be part exchanged for a certain Dutch striker.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:23 pm

Looks like i'll have to get a new log in name.

sad to see him go but rafa wants a change and he hasn't led us wrong so far. Hopefully this new keeper will be amazing tho.

I wish Dudek the very best if he does leave, he is to good to be second choice, Fulham should probably go for him considering they lost Van der Sar to Man USA (soccer club).

GOOD LUCK DUDEK
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:36 pm

Sad if true i didnt think Jerzy was that bad a keeper,the problem is keepers are under the spotlight more  than any other player.If they make a mistake everyone notices it and remembers it.
Jerzy did make a few of these mistakes and they seemed to knock his confidence.
So if it is true that he is looking for a new club i wish him all the best ,good luck.
66-1112520797

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:06 pm

Im afraid Dudek just made too many errors in crucial games. His performances against Man Utd at Anfield where shambolic. His confidence went after that but he got another shot after Kirkland fell injured again. Despite a second chance he fluffed in dying moments against Portsmouth and as I recall cost us goals before and after that particular match. Despite a grand finale in Istanbul, a game where he also spilled an easy catch in extra time to the wrath of Garragher, it just was not enough to earse the memory of his earlier blunders. Its tough at the top and as much as I like Jerzy, theres no room for sentiment. Time will tell with Reina, a young foreign keeper with a big job to do at Anfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Seba641 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:30 pm

And i wish that Reina will do really bad and liverpool will learn that Dudek was much better then him and they lost good GK. I know that Dudek is probable going to be a GK in Sporting Lizbone :p
Seba641

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:38 pm

Reina will do really bad and liverpool will learn that Dudek was much better then him

and then you'll wake up.  Dudek is a good keeper on his day, but as parchpea said, even tho the CL final was one of his best, he also made a few gaffs!  Push him on now and let us get a decent fee.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby London_Red » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:51 pm

its the right time to move on for him, he made too many errors to be our number 1, i wish him all the best if he does go, but it sounded like he was gonna stay and he wanted to fight for his place, so you never know until he does move on, has he actually been linked with any team yet, and a possible price?
London_Red

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:05 pm

i`d keep hold of him until we see what reina`s like, i`ve seen plenty of keepers with big reputations struggle to adapt at a big club in the prem. apparently pepe played for barcelona so he shouldnt get stage fright playing for a big club but until he gets a few prem games under his belt we cant really tell. even then sometimes its difficult to judge how good they are because remember how jerzy looked the best keeper in the league in his first season with us only to suffer a catastrophic confidence crisis after a couple of high profile gaffs against united in particular.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby London_Red » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:55 pm

hes comming here with a reputation, rafa calling him the best keeper in spain, it will be interesting to see how he handles the atmosphere of games like man utd and everton cos he probably hasnt experienced anything like that before
London_Red

Postby Seba641 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:24 pm

I can say one thing even keeper who played for big teams in Europe made mistake (Barthez, Kahn, Lehmann) They all did mistakes but when they need to save in the biggest games they never did mistakes and even when Kahn made a mistake the team never gave up on him so what im trying to say is that liverpool should give chance to there keeper no matter what will happen
Seba641

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:27 pm

I can say one thing even keeper who played for big teams in Europe made mistake (Barthez, Kahn, Lehmann) They all did mistakes but when they need to save in the biggest games they never did mistakes and even when Kahn made a mistake the team never gave up on him so what im trying to say is that liverpool should give chance to there keeper no matter what will happen

Dudek has been making blunders for the past three seasons, most of which cost us the game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion