Drogba - If it came to pass that .....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed May 04, 2005 7:43 am

Just say it cane to pass that we "aquired" him next season on the grounds that he hasn't really done the business at Chelsea this year (I can still think of a scenario where this could become reality), would you think it a good or bad thing?
I personally think he's a top player. I remember him destroying us when playing for Marseilles and think if you were looking for a partner for Cisse/Morientes you coudn't do much better.
He has the look of a guy low on confidence and gas at the moment but would be a top class aquisition in my view.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed May 04, 2005 8:46 am

No thanks. He simply is a bigger version of Heskey. We have enough people who can score 10 goals a season. We need someone who can score at least 20.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:49 am

Nah, just a slightly quicker and slightly more aggressive version of heskey.  Poor finisher
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Wed May 04, 2005 8:55 am

Very Aggresive Heskey...But Maybe Heskey Finish Is Better Than Him (When Heskey Now In Birmingham)...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed May 04, 2005 9:27 am

No!!! No place for him in the reds........
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 04, 2005 9:50 am

He did desstroy us at Marseille but looked just as rubbish as Heskey in these games. I think it depends on the style of the team he is with, he only suits long balls and crosses.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:54 am

he is a talented player for sure, at Marseille he was excellent. He is very temperamental however, and basically likes to cheat, so IF we signed him then sure I would support him and hope he does well like any other new signing, but the chances of that happening IMO are slim.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed May 04, 2005 10:38 am

can't say i'd really want him, bigmick. he looked good early in the season but has become more and more ineffective as time has gone on it seems. last night he was very very poor. it can't be due to not being used to the prem because he was better at first, it can't be the weight of the (totally over the top) price tag because again he's played well at times. maybe its tiredness? he's played a lot of games and always plays pretty physically. in a lot of ways he's the kind of player many people are saying we need -  a big strong aggressive centre forward. but personally i think we'd do better looking elsewhere.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed May 04, 2005 11:11 am

The guy makes my stomach churn.  His celebrations after winning the carling cup and again last Saturday were way over the top.  Also, he aint good enough.  He is the weakest link in the Chelsea team.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:39 am

bigmick wrote:Just say it cane to pass that we "aquired" him next season on the grounds that he hasn't really done the business at Chelsea this year (I can still think of a scenario where this could become reality), would you think it a good or bad thing?
I personally think he's a top player. I remember him destroying us when playing for Marseilles and think if you were looking for a partner for Cisse/Morientes you coudn't do much better.
He has the look of a guy low on confidence and gas at the moment but would be a top class aquisition in my view.

Mick, as ever you amaze me.

they do say genius/lunacy are closely linked, and you prove it time and again.

Most everything you say, (99.9% to coin a phrase) is spot on, but when it comes to strikers you clearly watch different games to me.

First Earnshaw and now Drogba.

Next you will be advocating the signing of Luis Saha !

:help
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed May 04, 2005 11:43 am

we need somebody like john terry in our defend .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby lili » Wed May 04, 2005 1:35 pm

I hate the the deeb and he should never wear the Liverpool shirt. :angry:
lili

Postby stmichael » Fri May 06, 2005 1:39 pm

bigmick wrote:Just say it cane to pass that we "aquired" him next season on the grounds that he hasn't really done the business at Chelsea this year (I can still think of a scenario where this could become reality), would you think it a good or bad thing?

:O
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mike72 » Fri May 06, 2005 2:04 pm

If we were gonna buy a Chelski striker, I think Forsell would be a much better bet....he's an excellent finisher and would probably be a hell of a lot cheaper than Drogba.  Why Chelski don't want him is beyond me.
mike72

Postby joependo » Fri May 06, 2005 8:33 pm

Or hernan crespo(not gonna happen)Forsell would be a good signing get him for2-5mil and let him win the champ league and then sell him for 20 mil if he can in other words hardworking good finisher.
joependo

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion