Door left open for owen - To come back anytime

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:36 am

What is your feelings towards this if he came back an open armed welcome or would you feel let down by him if id love him back but only if he could recapture his form :)
Future Owen return a possibility - Parry

Chief executive Rick Parry have revealed that Liverpool have left the door open for Michael Owen to return to the club.

The 24-year-old moved to Real Madrid in an £8m move last month but would be welcomed back to Anfield should the move not work out.

The striker will in any case still only be 28 at the end of his four-year contract at the Bernabeu, and Parry said: "Maybe he needed a fresh challenge and maybe one day he'll return a better player.

"It wouldn't be unprecedented. Another of our great servants, Ian Rush, did the same."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:38 am

i wouldn't welcome him back with open arms, I would welcome him back albeit scepticly.  If he left us once then he's lost the passion clearly so I don't know if he would be the player we'd all expect him to be.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:39 am

I for one would be willing for him to return as he was a great servant for the club, and i don't hold any grudges towards him really.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:40 am

I agree with Starbridge though, if he leaves Madrdi how mcuh would he really want to play for us again if it was his "back-up plan".
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:41 am

Bet rooneys wishing now that he didnt wear that everton shirt for his lfc trials the diffrence between our fans an the bluenoses they hate his guts :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:44 am

we'll have him back for £4 million next season when he flops this season.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:45 am

garcia gets praise from hamman an hypia  maybe we wont need owen back  :;):
Garcia the new Kop idol - Reds duo

Anfield new-boy Luis Garcia has been hailed as potentially the "missing link" at Liverpool after inspiring the Reds' 3-0 win over West Brom.

The Spaniard, a £6m arrival from Barcelona, was playing only his second game for the Anfield men but scored one and set up Steven Gerrard's opener in a performance of quality.

And Garcia drew praise from both Sami Hyypia and Dietmar Hamann, with the German saying: "Garcia played really well and his game is always about dropping off. He has great touch and awareness, he sees passes and it's great to have players like that in your side.

"He plays with a lot of risk and that's something we have missed in the past few years. He provides an extra dimension.

"Our strikers have always been a bit similar in recent years. It was a problem last season when we were up against packed defences. You need somebody who can keep the ball and turn players. Perhaps he could be the missing link. We see what he is capable of in training - he has great natural ability."

Hyypia likened Garcia to "a little version of Jari Litmanen", adding: "He doesn't lack self confidence - if one trick doesn't come off he tries another one."

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:44 am

Wow, thats pretty lofty praise from some experienced campaigners.
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:01 pm

Get a grip.

Michael Owen took up what was undoubtedly the chance of a lifetime, who would you rather play with Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Figo, Solari etc... or Biscan, Traore, Diomede etc....

I know where I would rather be.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:08 pm

So why are you here?  ???

Real has some poor players of their own and Liverpool has some class acts, would you rather Cambiossi (sp?) or Gerrard?
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:33 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:So why are you here?  ???

Real has some poor players of their own and Liverpool has some class acts, would you rather Cambiossi (sp?) or Gerrard?

Dont pick a fight with me knob jockey, just accept that Michael made the right move for himself, and stop with the witch hunt.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:04 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:So why are you here?  ???

Cambiassio is not a Madrid player, he's an Inter player.

He left on a free transfer in the summer, and he's not a bad player at all.

I agree with Leon, it was sickening to see Michael go, but footballers are footballers, and in many ways you cannot blame him in wanting to play alongside some of the really big names in football.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:19 pm

I would welcome him back at the right price if the club felt his return would benefit Liverpool
Team first
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:51 pm

Lets be honest as well, the only way Michael is likely to want to return to Liverpool is if the team starts performing  consistently both at home and in Europe.

So the way I see it, its a no lose situation for us (provided we don't pay over the odds!).
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:53 pm

Personally I'd put all thoughts about Owen returning out of my mind.

There's an old saying in football: never go back, and proof in the Liverpool pudding was Ian Rush, who was never the same player for us when he returned from Italy.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion