Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:14 am

We may finish 3rd but thats only cos everyone else is so awful
puroresu

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:41 am

More doom and gloom I'm afraid...

Points from Man U at the top - 16
Points from Charlton at the bottom - 13

Most pertinently though, as we come to enter December, our goal difference is zero.

At least third looks like it may just be a couple of wins away. Come Christmas I'll be stunned if we're not top 4, if not secure in third.
ivor_the_injun

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:28 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:More doom and gloom I'm afraid...

Points from Man U at the top - 16
Points from Charlton at the bottom - 13

Most pertinently though, as we come to enter December, our goal difference is zero.

At least third looks like it may just be a couple of wins away. Come Christmas I'll be stunned if we're not top 4, if not secure in third.

closer to the bottom and a goal difference of zero.  Terrible!!
puroresu

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:43 am

We are still in all the cups, we are within touching distance of 3rd without having played well yet this season. We have good players out with long term injuries,when they come back they will improve our performances and our team. Gerrard looks to be happier the last couple of games than he has all season. We arnt leaking goals like a sieve anymore.

I think im in the wrong thread. Wheres the happy clappy thread gone?  :)
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:25 am

Certain members are beginning to sound like stuck records.

One fit central midfielder, 2 leftbacks out, a striker out, and our first-choice left midfielder out, and we still managed a draw.

How is that bad?

I seriously do not understand some people. ???
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:03 am

Spot on Lando, although we were quite poor tonight and I wasn't shocked that it ended 0-0.

We're two points behind 3rd place despite having not won away from home, which summs up the quality of this league.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:12 am

I think this is what happens if we buy 2nd choice players instead of rafa's original choices.

I mean pennant is just woeful. He has all the talent in the world...but he is just mentally unprepared to take on players on the right flank, then.....he doesn't really bring anything to our play.

If rafa had spent 4 more million on alves, i think we would have been better off now.

I hope from now on....we buy players for quality and not quantity....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:14 am

If rafa had spent 4 more million on alves, i think we would have been better off now.

First you don't know that for sure. Sure he's quality but would he settled in a league where Brazilians have very little success? We don't know and to say that we would been better off is suggesting that you know the future which you don't otherwise you
wouldn't be here :D

We need money. Rafa was right for not spending 12 million on Alves, Sevilla were trying to milk us. Their evaluation of Alves went up every time we matched their bid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:00 am

Nah, they played well in the 2001 UEFA Cup final, but I don't think we need to buy an entire club.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:48 am

A.B. wrote:

First you don't know that for sure. Sure he's quality but would he settled in a league where Brazilians have very little success? We don't know and to say that we would been better off is suggesting that you know the future which you don't otherwise you
wouldn't be here :D

We need money. Rafa was right for not spending 12 million on Alves, Sevilla were trying to milk us. Their evaluation of Alves went up every time we matched their bid.

We would of got him for £10 mil I think.  Rafa tried to get him on the cheap.  His a quality act and Seville were right in asking for that amount of money.  Pennant could raise to £8 mil.  Well im sorry but Alves is in a different league to pennant and worth that £4 mil more.  Even if he didnt want to pay that for £8 mil there is better than Pennant.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:51 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Certain members are beginning to sound like stuck records.

One fit central midfielder, 2 leftbacks out, a striker out, and our first-choice left midfielder out, and we still managed a draw.

How is that bad?

I seriously do not understand some people. ???

I thought we were supposed to have a stronger squad.  The draw isnt really the concern to me, its the performance.  Even if the injured players were fit would there really be much difference.  Its not as if before the injuries were setting the world alight. A goal difference of 0 tells the stroy itself.  Injured players or not I see the same problems in scoring goals.
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:01 am

I'm still downloading yesterdays game. When I was lurking the game thread I could see many comments on "come on guys, a win and we might we 5th" or "3-0 win and we'll be third".

If we would be 3rd now I think it would have a soothing effect on many. We draw with a lot of injuries in the team, and we could read "extremely dissapointing". The difference? 2 points. My point is that due to our reputation on this league our league position is too important. We really should look at the table in March, no sooner and concentrate on improving the team week by week.

I'm looking forward to watch the game tonight and comment the game. Hope we get out of this nightmare of injuries soon.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:29 am

Sabre wrote:I'm looking forward to watch the game tonight and comment the game. Hope we get out of this nightmare of injuries soon.

Stop DL it Sabre dont waste your time mate, probably the worst game anfield has seen in a long long time, Garcia and Pennant where dreadful.
And I would love to know why we still keep passing the ball back and not attack, far to defensive, the players must love the % possession stats seriously.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 am

I think the fans were so (rightfully) optumistic at the start of the season and it has been disapointing. This thread was made stating that if other results went our way we could be in 4th or 5th. Well pretty much every result went our way but we still needed to win. I'm just :censored: off we couldn't take advantage of the other results. Portmouth are a decent team i know but they were missing alot of players and we should be beating them at Anfield. There is something wrong when Rafa can't get the team fired up by the prospect of us moving up to 5th.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:35 am

Anfield rapper wrote:There is something wrong when Rafa can't get the team fired up by the prospect of us moving up to 5th.

If we would have won 2-0 we would be 3rd mate.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion