Doom and gloom - Maybe not ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:41 pm

fourth is where all the average clubs are aiming for and while it is the safety net as far as money is concerned we can not be happy with fighting for fourth with arsenal

but that is how the season sits so we need to shake this away hoodoo and put some presuure on the second place team and open a gap to the second teir of the epl, we all expected to be alot more consistent this year after seeing the great runs that we had and the BETTER players that we brought in to give width ( which was the rotation of last season) to a great central mid field and a solid back four

it hasn't come together as planned but we are still showing flashes of the sort of football rafa sees us playing (chavski away, gala in the champ league) so it is good to see post like leons because it shows some positive drive amid the fans which will in turn help the team in the long run

this season will be remembered as a let down if we only finish third, have a decent push at the fa, and champions league and grow as a team and give the manager another year to learn

there are alot of teams would love to have a season like that, roll on rafa
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:45 pm

peterc1992 wrote:your saying that bolton  lose at home,to chelsea,not gonna happen,i think they could probably beat chelsea or even draw

Actually, Chelsea have absolutely owned Bolton at the Reebok the past two seasons so it is very possible they'll win.  And, if they don't, that's just fine too!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:49 pm

we are gonna win the champions league.....so really, i don't really care where we finish in the premier league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:52 pm

First prority is to get in the top 4, after that we can look to reducing the points gap with the Mancs and Chelsea. Its May before we can say whether its been a disappointing season or not.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:59 pm

The_Rock wrote:we are gonna win the champions league.....so really, i don't really care where we finish in the premier league.

:idea
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:03 pm

Where the funk did I say I was happy with or going to settle for fourth ?

I never did.

I said it was crucial to this football club and Rafa's progression that we acheive AT LEAST this position.

Realictically this season for me was about minimum of 3rd place, hopefully 2nd place, and a reduction in the gap from Chelsea.

Anyone who thought that with all the comings and goings with the squad we had a chance of anything more needs their bumps feeling.

Write us off at your peril though. I reckon 2nd is still a realistic target. Game well and truly over in november ?

Ola Mr Benitez, I too recall leagues won, and I remember one season, possibly around 84/85/86 that we came from 8th or 9th in December and a 12-15 point gap to win it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mannyk » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:04 pm

stmichael wrote:i agree leon.

infact i was saying exactly this to my mate the other day. no disrespect to other teams, but looking at our upcoming fixtures the next five league games are pompey, wigan, fulham, charlton and watford, three of which are at home. i see no reason why we shouldn't get at least 13 points out of 15 from those games.

I reckon the team tends to relax against lesser opposition and Rafa starts juggling the players . If we get 13 points out of 15 I will be eating humble pie and i hope it tastes good.

I got a sense of De ja vu( don't know how the fu ck to spell it)

The last time some one posted something like this we got reamed.

Cmon reds
Mannyk

Postby kop11 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm

yes things are gradualy improving! i was talking the other day and we were saying how man united have to play all there 'big' teams away e.g  liverpool, chelsea, arsenal. and we have already played all them away! this season will end up very simular to last season in my opinion
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby GOAT » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:22 pm

Wouldnt it be madness if we ended up winning the treble now  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby kop11 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:27 pm

who knows hey lol  lets just win the champions league 6 times!  :p
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:28 pm

i just laugh that so many have jumped off the ship already. the season isn't half over yet and all i hear is gloom and doom.

3 points:

1) had tough early schedule and choked -- possibly 4or 6 points wasted-- we should be in 3rd nicely but that is why the games are played

2) chelski isn't perfect and are beatable... what if carlo melts down or gets hurt or certain players start complaining that they aren't playing

3) man u seems very thin on quality players-- i was horrified when i saw who was on the bench for sunday's game -- key injury and they have issues

nobody thought chech would be out for at least the season nor that our best players are suffering from some poor form. i never thought 1'st was a realistic goal but we can easily finish 3rd or 2nd if some odd things happen. we've got alot of games left to right the ship.
vlady16.1

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:37 pm

Why do people feel the need to slate us and write us off in November?

No matter how antagonistic you are, you cannot argue with the facts:

We have played the 5 toughest games of our domestic season. Sh*tski have played 1, the Scum have yet to play THAT many.

5 games that have profited the scum and Sh*tski.

Now, we must play the bassards at Anfield, and I actually think we will beat the scum, Sh*tski, Arsenal, Bolton and the bitters at home, whilst they each lose away (apart from at the Emerates)

So - should this case of events materialize, we will be somewhere near 1st position.

The Scum will lose at Woodison, the Reebok and possibly even against the gooners.

Anyone who thinks that this season is over needs to understand the Liverpool spirit - you DO NOT GIVE UP.

You cannot look at the table until all the games have been played.

Who knows what will happen when our main rivals play the games WE'VE had to face?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:46 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Anyone who thinks that this season is over needs to understand the Liverpool spirit - you DO NOT GIVE UP.

that is a big problem with all fans these days.

I just hope the spirit we give to the team transforms to performance on the pitch!
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Stranger things have happened in football, so I'll never say never. Man Utd did the unthinkable against Arsenal a few years ago by winning the league after being fifth teen points behind Arsenal at Christmas. Arsenal went on a forty nine game unbeaten run. So we should never give up until it is impossible and even then we shouldn't give up, we should just look to the following season.

I have a lot of optimism that we can achieve something this season, even if my optimism drained somewhat after our loss to Arsenal. We will need to work very, very hard this season and we must learn to capitalize on Chelsea and Man Utd's mistakes and dropped points if we have any hope of catching them and doing the unthinkable of snatchin the league from under their grasp.
67-1161385641

Postby flombs » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:13 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Where the funk did I say I was happy with or going to settle for fourth ?

I never did.

I said it was crucial to this football club and Rafa's progression that we acheive AT LEAST this position.

Realictically this season for me was about minimum of 3rd place, hopefully 2nd place, and a reduction in the gap from Chelsea.

Anyone who thought that with all the comings and goings with the squad we had a chance of anything more needs their bumps feeling.

Write us off at your peril though. I reckon 2nd is still a realistic target. Game well and truly over in november ?

Ola Mr Benitez, I too recall leagues won, and I remember one season, possibly around 84/85/86 that we came from 8th or 9th in December and a 12-15 point gap to win it.

Some people overreact on here. Leon is quite right in saying
that things dont look that bad. Nowhere does he say that we should be happy with fourth place or third but under the circumstances in the season we have had so far at least fourth gets us into the champions league next year and some much needed cash.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion