Doom and gloom - Maybe not ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:25 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:O’Neil is very very good.  His career history filled with nothing but positives.  Taking a non league side into to the football league and then getting two successive promotions is amazing in itself.  He took Leicester a side going nowhere into the Premiership and not only kept them up but was never once in a relation dog fight and he got them in Europe.  He took over a Celtic side in ruins and transformed them.  The run to the UEFA Cup Final was fantastic.  How many people would of took that side that far.  They never had an easy ride.  They beat Stuttgart, Celta Vigo, Blackburn and Liverpool on the way to Seville.  Some of the results he got in Europe have to be admired.  Wins over Barcelona, Ajax, Juventus, Lyon, Porto, credible draws v Bayern and AC Milan.

I aint saying O’Neil is the best but he defiantly is better than Big Sam and one of the top Managers in the country.

Would you rather he was manager of Liverpool instead of Rafa ?

No and never implied I did either.

It was a question i asked because of your constant criticism of the club.
After the praise you were giving O'Neil it seemed like you might of preferred him as manager.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:33 pm

puroresu wrote:O’Neil is very very good.  His career history filled with nothing but positives.  Taking a non league side into to the football league and then getting two successive promotions is amazing in itself.  He took Leicester a side going nowhere into the Premiership and not only kept them up but was never once in a relation dog fight and he got them in Europe.  He took over a Celtic side in ruins and transformed them.  The run to the UEFA Cup Final was fantastic.  How many people would of took that side that far.  They never had an easy ride.  They beat Stuttgart, Celta Vigo, Blackburn and Liverpool on the way to Seville.  Some of the results he got in Europe have to be admired.  Wins over Barcelona, Ajax, Juventus, Lyon, Porto, credible draws v Bayern and AC Milan.

I aint saying O’Neil is the best but he defiantly is better than Big Sam and one of the top Managers in the country.

Spot on. No one can deny the quality of O'Neil as a manager and as a person, his knowledge of the game is very good and his track record might not compete trophy wise with that of Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho, but if you look at what's he done and the challenges he's over come, he is most definitely one of the best. You only have to look at the transformation he's done with Villa to see what a great manager he is, of course there are better, we have a better manager here in Rafa Benitez, but to say Martin is only an average manager is a very inaccurate comment for anyone to make.
67-1161385641

Postby Scottbot » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:47 pm

Have been reading through the portsmouth match thread and reckon it's jam-packed full of over-reaction. Did anyone really think we were going to win every home game of the season? We'll win the majority, draw a few here and there and maybe we'll lose a game or two. The problem is, and still remains our away form and i guess the reaction in the match thread is all borne out of that frustration. I also think pompey probably deserve a little more credit than they're getting, they're not sitting in 3rd place for no reason and i can see them qualifying for Europe this season.

Win tomorrow at Wigan and watch the change that comes over this forum.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:36 am

Didnt Brian Little achieve the same kind of success at villa as o'neill is now when he first took over? how about ron atkinson? didnt he beat inter milan in europe with villa?

No im sorry, im going to have to shoot all you Martin O'Neill is great enthusiasts down in flames,what hes achieved so far is nothing new, he really is a slimmer sam allardyce!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:23 am

puroresu was that football upto scratch today ??

Or are we still miles behind united chelsea and arsenal ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion