Doing our part - Financially supporting lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:47 am

This is sort of related to the New Owners topic.  But I thought we could discuss what we can do to help the club.  In future years with the Fair Play rules coming into the fold, our direct contributions to the club will have an effect on how the club will be allowed to opperate.

I had cancelled my E-Season ticket last October, as to to my bit part of not giving T&T any more money.  I bought my shirts through local sporting goods stores (my thinking there was that the shirts were already bought in terms of T&T so buying the last version of the Carlsberg kit at a local retailer wouldn't put anything into their pockets.)

Well since those days are happily behind us, I have decided that any purchases of LFC gear will only go through the official website.  I've purchased the E-Season ticket again and have bought a Kuyt shirt for myself and 2 for my son.  one white Gerrard and a Black Carra.  My Daughter Kassidy who is 8 yrs old really liked the look of one of the hoodies so I bought that as well.

Point is, I've spent about 240 pounds on LFC stuff, through the official site, and I am sure I'm not the only one who has done this type of thing. These types of transactions will go towards the club and will raise the revenue numbers towards the Fair Play laws.

Please Everyone, While you may find a kit on ebay that will cost a few bucks less, keep in mind that by going through the offal, you are supporting the club directly.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 am

Your effort is admired but your logic is flawed.

Just because a shirt is sold by a retailer doesn't mean the club don't get a cut. When the stock is brought by the retailer the club get paid either directly or by the kit manufacturer (depends on who is making the shirts). The only benefit to the club from buying direct is you pay more.

another thing you seem to miss is the enviable position we are in in terms of revenue streams. Only Man Utd can claim a larger merchandise business than Liverpool. Our global presence is enormous.

In fact the UEFA financial fair play rules tend to favour those with a larger global presence as the only way you can increase your spending power is to increase profit. We are ideally placed to do this already. Our previous seasons poor accounts were driven by servicing debt and lack of CL football.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 am

I agree with SCS. Nice sentiment but all you would be doing is encouraging the club to rob its supporters. Man United got in trouble for that by over charging there fans for there products. Liverpool will always do well commercially as they are one of englands biggest clubs. They are known throughout the world. The prices for tickets and other merchandise though are just ridiculous, there is no justification for the expense. Im all for supporting the club in all ways, but I wont be robbed doing so.

Being a tight git helps.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

bah...

Liverpool is not in financial trouble... no more... NESV, the new owner, has "cured" debts. all debts.

anyway, i buy on LFC Official Store too... i bought a Carroll'jersey last week  :eyebrow
Alex88

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm with The Good Yank. Stop being a gyppo buying fake cheap goods and do your part people!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:I'm with The Good Yank. Stop being a gyppo buying fake cheap goods and do your part people!

Shirts sold on the high street are hardly fake...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
dawson99 wrote:I'm with The Good Yank. Stop being a gyppo buying fake cheap goods and do your part people!

true, but they go to the sponsor and the makers, not the club right? I'll happily give a couple of extra quid to the store.. im talking more about the ebay  knock offs and the market traders
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

true, but they go to the sponsor and the makers, not the club right? I'll happily give a couple of extra quid to the store.. im talking more about the ebay  knock offs and the market traders

Not true. Shirts sold on the high street are purchased from the club in bulk. The clubs make money on the shirts, albeit at a discounted prices, but a profit nonetheless.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 pm

i'm all for buying stuff straight from the club to maximise the money they have. a few quid of my own will handsomely swell the coffers, i'm sure. i've never been a footy shirt wearer myself as i look a bit of a meff in one, but i went online to buy my 5 year old lad one this morning (yesterday he was playing footy in the street wearing the one he had when he was 2 :laugh: ) - i was after a nice mereiles shirt, but at 51 quid, plus postage i decided against it. i'll just stick to buying the odd mug and t-shirt every time i pop into town, and get my non-knock off shirt somewhere cheaper.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Only been to one game this season , the arsenal one . Won't be going back cos the money i would spend at the match , easily £100 goes on paying bills and holidays and stuff . i AM NOW OFFICAILLY AN armchair . Will start getting the kids the footy kits again though and all that type of stuff .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 pm

forget buying shirts with name & number on the back from now on! after recent events iv'e made donated merchandise brought from the club with a 'you know name & number' on the back-feck if i'm doing that again. the charity shop has had the lot & there welcome to it-i bet they have trouble shifting it anyway!

so from now on my suggestion to anyone-as i did with my son,is buy a 1960's home shirt no name or number on the back,but the most important thing for me is that it has the Liver Bird on the front & that's all that matters!!

other than that i will buy all my merchandise from the HJC shop!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 am

redhayesy wrote:forget buying shirts with name & number on the back from now on!
i will buy all my merchandise from the HJC shop!

IS RIGHT ,
The club get enough of my money at the turnstyles ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:37 am

NANNY RED wrote:
redhayesy wrote:forget buying shirts with name & number on the back from now on!
i will buy all my merchandise from the HJC shop!

IS RIGHT ,
The club get enough of my money at the turnstyles ,

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to get through the turnstyles, that's why I have been trying to do my part from this side of the pond.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 am

I agree with you Yank, probably because I'm in the same position as you. When h+g were in ownership, I never bought anything from the official site.  I bought like 4 fake kits for 20 pounds a piece to hold me through the garbage we were heading in.  I think you are right about a lot of the stuff you buy online as well.  If you buy it on ebay or amazon or whatever, I'm pretty sure most the time it's fake even tho they like to act it's real.  It always falls apart and is complete garbage.  After NESV took over, I stared buying from the online store again.  Yes It costs a little bit more, but it's going to the club I love and support so I have no problem with that. If all the Liverpool fans were willing to do the same and buy from the online store, there would be a huge profit from that. SCS you say we already have one of the largest revenue streams in the world, that's because we have a lot of fans.  I don't thank yank was trying to say that we aren't making enough from it, but pointing out the fact that we could help the club make more.  We have so many fans that that few extra pounds we spend adds up for the club.  We spend 5 pounds more, they actually probably make at least 10 or 15 pounds more because they aren't selling that shirt to the retailer.  The retailer will still buy shirts in bulk, but it basically leads to an extra shirt being sold anyway.  If all our fans were willing to pay the extra few pounds, the club would profit in millions of pounds per year.  I obviously have no clue what the numbers would be, but it could be quite significant.  Maybe give us the power to buy an extra 20 million pound player every 3 or 4 years. That would be great.

In December, I bought from the online store instead of from garbage retailers and fakes.  I bought myself like 8 shirts, a beanie, my girlfriends little cousins some shirts and a few other things.  Spent like $150 and I'm okay with that because, not only do I have a lot more OFFICIAL Liverpool gear, but I know I helped the club.

Being on this side of the pond makes it hard to financially support the club.  This is one way us Americans can make up for those pieces of Sh!te H+G that we seemed to get blamed for too often :p
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I pretty much stopped buyig anything under the T&T regime. But now those days are behind us (hopefully) im gonna go back to my old ways. Planning on getting the home, Away and Third kit in the summer, ill probally decide what names to get when i know whos in squad come August. I ve never been a fan of mercendise (bed covers, table mats etc) as ive always found those thigs to be tacky but i did use to buy the weekly LFC magazine so i think ill go back to that and ive got a e-season ticket now. I'll try to go to more games aswell when im in the country.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion