Does this sum it up? - How i feel

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:11 am

I feel this season like we're in a relegation dogfight situation. Our objective may be fourth, but with no hope of catching third it means we're looking anxiously below us and not above us. Not being able to move up any places only down makes it feel like a four team fight for 17th. We look at the teams below us hoping they slip up and hope every match that we pick up 3 points and secure the "safety" of fourth. I can't see how we can move forward if this is going to be the case from now on, we need to do something before it is too late

We should be up in amongst it with the "big boys". Last season we scrapped with Chelsea and Newcastle for 3rd and 4th and ended 5th, this season we're clinging on with three of the four CL places already taken. I know Chelsea have the money now, but with good management we can certainly compete with Arsenal and to a lesser degree Man Utd. Man Utd do not throw money around lightly very often and their spending does seem to have some self imposed restrictions.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? Do you agree?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:53 pm

yeah your right on this one. This season dosnt even feel like were challenging for anything. I mean i cant think of season like this one were we havnt even had one bit of form.

I dont think weve even one three in a row! i was looking at our points compare to last season, and even if we win our final three games we'll only get 62 points which was only good enouh for 6th last year, its out of pure luck that the other teams around us are as cr#p as we are and that we have a chance to qualify for the champions league.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:01 pm

Yeah i agree with you that it does feel a bit like a relegation battle (to UEFA Cup) but I wouldn't say we are any worse than last season even if we do have less points.  Arsenal have taken it to a new level, Chelsea with their big spending have lifted themselves up to and Manchester Utd while weaker without ferdinand are still very strong.  This means that those clubs  are taking more points off other teams rather than other teams just getting worse.  You have to take into account that other teams are getting better you can't just assume they're staying the same and we're just getting wore.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:12 pm

In a way yes i agree.

It does feel like this to an extent.... but can you honestly say you know it will be the same again next season??

Personally myself i can't see it.

Next season i can't see our injury situation being this bad. This season its been ridiculous in all honesty. We've missed players from the first team and there backups have been injured. Its all been at the same time aswell. Its not like we've had one player then someone else has come back and we've lost another one. When you are forced to play players out of position and a large number of squad players in the same team you are going to struggle. With a normal run of injuries i feel we'd still be 4th (which i agree isn't good enough) but i think we'd be ALOT closer to Manchester United, meaning i think we'd be in with a chance of finishing 3rd.

Lets face it... its been a freak of a season. Arsenal not losing a league game, Chelsea spending stupid money and getting a new owner, the ban on ferdinand, our injury situation, both ours and newcastles dramtic loss of form, the gap between ourselves and the relegation zone and the gap between the top and the relegation zone. None of these happen on a regular basis and have all contributed to this season. Its been a totally wierd season imo.
115-1073096938

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion