Does stevie g deserve to be captain... - Isn't carra the real leader?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:41 pm

ah yes thats it! if only carra was captain, w would of no doubt won today yes? ???
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:43 pm

We lose 2 and draw 1 and suddenly all sorts of topics are flying round. Even if you have been on the drink 1 word:

tw@t
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:45 pm

cool it guys, we are having an arguement here  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:47 pm

Carra plays better without all the media hype around him...And Steven Gerrard is a born leader..He drives the team forward from the midfield and he is in the heart of evrything...Carra is an amazing player but Stevie is out captain
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mark the red » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:29 pm

as for gerrard, ill defend him i didnt think we would win it, the cl we were underdogs all the way, and i wasnt confident against juve or chelsea, but i was pleasantly surprised.  i thought we needed somebody to egt in and defend reina, that why i have respect for big dunc, he wouldnt have stood for that

and before you lot start, im not a bluenose, i merely like the old fashioned players who stick up for their own

i thought reinas tackle was proper old school, but at the same time fair
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby mark the red » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:33 pm

i think that having gerrard and carra in the team is sound and their is a mutual understanding, carra seems to organsie the defence whilst gerrard is giving it his all. i think you lot need to open your eyes, as for those who will slate alonso, he never had his best game today, you miss his positioning off the ball, and the space he creates and the advice and support that goes with it. you will see this if you went the match more
mark the red

Postby Rastalovich » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:51 pm

Spot on, and tbh if Gerrard missed a game and Carra was made captain on pitch for a while I`d not lose any sleep.

Then again, I think Sami is a good team guy, could shout a bit more tho - LOL! Just coz u`r not captain, doesn`t mean u can`t shout u`r experience. Yeah yeah I know he does some, but I`d like a little more vocal. He was the one in the refs face today I noticed.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby mark the red » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:56 pm

there is no 'i' in team
mark the red

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:59 pm

but there is an "m" and an "e" - steve coogan

ridiculous thread
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:00 am

Advice: Do not ever discuss  important matters such as who's the best captain  just after a defeat.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikeg » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:01 am

Effes wrote:I know I may get a slating for this, but the Stella's kickking in an I dont care.

In the Summer when it looked like Stevie G was going the only thing I could console myself was that at least Jamie Carragher would be captain now....a proper captain.

I've noticed a few times this season that when it kicks off on the pitch, SG doesn't make his presence known. For me this is quite important.
He's a similar captain to Beckham IMO, he leads by example - i.e gets stuck in, gives 100% etc.
BUT I think a captain should be someone that noone would fu.ck with and that for me is Jamie Carragher.
Again today, when it kicked off with Reina's sending off I was thinking where's SG?
There's Gallas and Terry pushing him around and our lads are nowhere, where was the captain?
I know taking the captaincy could have a detrimental effect on SG, but he should take it like a man.
Sometimes a manager has to make tough decisions - I think in the Summer Rafa should do that and make Carragher captain.
I know they're mates but....

I think it's maybe similar reasons why Mourinho made Terry captain and not Lampard. He has more respect.
As Sabre said what Alonso said about Carra.."he's the puto amo in the dressing room" i.e top dog.

[OK - Carra wasn't there to support Reina, but neither was the captain.

you should get yourself on the diamond white mate if you wanna talk daft, that comment almost made sense  :p
mikeg

Postby mark the red » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 am

Woollyback wrote:but there is an "m" and an "e" - steve coogan

ridiculous thread

what im trying to say is that there is some really good team players in the lfc squad
mark the red

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:08 am

mark the red wrote:
Woollyback wrote:but there is an "m" and an "e" - steve coogan

ridiculous thread

what im trying to say is that there is some really good team players in the lfc squad

i know. stevie or carra or sami or xabi would all be worthy captains
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:18 am

i know. stevie or carra or sami or xabi would all be worthy captains

Perhaps but we all have prefferences as supporters, and in my book of clubs, the captain should be someone who comes from the academy. I'm a romantic in that. He also has to be a leader, and both Carra and Gerrard are that, and must have some communication skills  to talk with the Ref, I don't know who's  better on that sense.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:37 am

Effes wrote:Ye, I DID say , that he's great as in an "example to the team".

But I think he's too quiet on the pitch - personality wise, not footballing wise.

STU, you have a go at people about not having a footballing arguement and then you post that?
So come on, I know you like to voice your opinion.
Why would you have SG as captain and not Carra?

They're both winners, they're both vocal they're both from Liverpool.

In favour of Carragher he's older.

In favour of Gerrard he's in the area where he can have more of an impact on different types of games and he's a far better player and he's got more experience.

Gerrard's the better choice.

I'm not saying Carragher's a bad choice, but Gerrard is the better of the two.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion