Do you think houllier will be here next season? - And a reason for your answer...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Do you think houllier will be here next season? - And a reason for your answer...

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 11

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 23, 2004 10:55 pm

This poll isn't weather you want him to be here by the way, its weather you think he will be.My answer is no.

I don't think he'll be here next season.

I think this because there seems to be a growing number of rumours that he's leaving with absoloutely no response from our board.

I hope i'm wrong but i'm getting a really bad feeling about it.

I just hope if he does "leave" then the new manager is Benitez and not O'Neil.
115-1073096938

Postby jack66 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:04 pm

no i dont think he will be here next season because of the reasons you gave...as much as i want him to go ithink he is being treated badly
jack66

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 11:07 pm

I think he won't last the week and we'll have his successor in place shortly.

My reasons are:

1. The speculation has been absolutely intense and it has been the major story of the weekend, overshadowing the FA Cup final.

2. Normally I pay no attention to the tabloids but serious broad sheets have been carrying the story and today the Sunday Times (which is usually extremely careful and never prints gossip) stated that Houllier will be sacked and the baord has drawn up a short list of replacements.

3. The board has remained silent as all of this is happening allowing Houllier to be humiliated in the press.

There is also a tiny chance that the Thai money is dependant on Houllier leaving but I discount this as
1) I don't really think the Thai PM particularly cares about the management of the team.
2) It is looking increasingly unlikely that the Thai deal will go ahead.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jack66 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:12 pm

just read on sky sports that benitez has said ..he wants to stay at valencia next season......and would one day like to manage an historical club like liverpool...read into that what you will....
jack66

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:16 pm

Its an interesting point! But believe me if Moores/ Parry between them have got any guts they will dismiss this guy right now (for reaosn outlined in my other post)
But Houllier always has this attitdue/plan ....."you can programme sucess" he's been quoted as saying. This is obvioulsy is what he tells the board!
I can see any reason for keeping him on personally.
BUt I think, giving him 60+ million to spend when he's had that kind of money and MORE! already, when you consider where chelsea are now haviing spent similar amounts but in a short space of time, enough said!
84-1083280474

Postby greenred » Sun May 23, 2004 11:19 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:2. Normally I pay no attention to the tabloids but serious broad sheets have been carrying the story and today the Sunday Times (which is usually extremely careful and never prints gossip) stated that Houllier will be sacked and the baord has drawn up a short list of replacements.

You never read the "Hitler diaries" then? :D  No,your right,they wouldnt print a story like that without some serious evidence.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:35 pm

dont beleive anything you read in the papers! are they in the boardroom getting all the facts? dont ever believe anyhing you read in tabloids etc. Ive seen many showing large photos of Houllier etc ,even jogging with his wife!, trying to speculate, but considering nothing has been announced by the board, its utter garbage.
84-1083280474

Postby XSD » Mon May 24, 2004 12:38 am

No I don't, for various reasons:

The long term build-up created by the last two dissapointing seasons is really putting Houllier on the spot, his failure to contend with the top 3 this year has really added to the immense criticism as you are aware.

A lot of media interviews, excuses made and things said (targetting 4th, not going back to the 80s) have all made him unpopular with the fans that are already irritated with his recent achievements.

The critics of Houllier are everywhere, old Liverpool players and writers of almost every newspaper, making him less popular and putting his situation in more doubt.

Now, more recently..look how popular Morgan was with fans, and it's clear he wasn't happy with Houllier..this represents a typical LFC fans attitude right now. The recent speculation is really what we have been seeing over the last few months coming to a climax before he actually goes, catalyst being the board not denying rumours.

I think Houllier wasn't on steady ground after losing out on the Champions League last season, over the last few months he has been more likely than not to lose his job given team performances. He's going to go, the board can only ignore the fans for so long.

Of course whether I think he should go isn't on discussion here ;)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon May 24, 2004 4:10 am

He will probably be here sometimes next season,
as a big fan, particularly of Biscan (joking monsieur Houllier, , i respect you, honestly...):)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon May 24, 2004 12:42 pm

o'neill is the man for the job

stu you were wrong about houllier staying, you loved him but he had to go long ago

you're in a minority to have wnated houllier to stay

and you're in a minority not wanting o'neill

my choices are the porto manager or o'neill, anythign else and its uncertain
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 24, 2004 1:47 pm

no :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm

Yes :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 24, 2004 2:14 pm

I have no doubt that GH will be here next year - I am in Dublin at the moment and I think a league of Ireland team could do with his experience as an assistent manager to the reserve youth girls netball team.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon May 24, 2004 4:38 pm

Not sure so i wont vote :D

HAPPY DAYS
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun May 09, 2010 8:44 pm

blimey, a 6 year old poll is bumped to prove what? someone went to some lengths here, not surprised its anon.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion