Do you think he started it? - I think he did.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:05 am

Liverpool lie about chants
By Micky Monsoon - October 27 2004

"Disgrace to the Premier League" sang the Millwall fans to the Liverpool end, and with good reason. Liverpool fans tried to spill onto the pitch, seemingly without provocation and broke seats to throw at the riot police. Other projectiles were also spotted.

Liverpool fans in the media were desperately clutching at excuses after the Carling Cup tie against Millwall. Anything would do to try to justify this disgusting behaviour.

SkySports TV ran with the headline: "Trouble mars Millwall match", before explaining it was solely at the Liverpool end. Misleading headline or what?

Some phone calls were made to the newspapers accusing Millwall supporters of making chants about Hillsborough.

No one at the game heard these chants, so we suspect it's pure fabrication.

Plus, Man Utd make these chants don't they? Do Liverpool fans react like that normally? Not to our knowledge.

Also, don't Liverpool fans chant about the Munich disaster? There have been reports to suggest they have done on occasions.

But all of this is academic, as Millwall didn't make such chants, so there was NO excuse for the behaviour of the Liverpool fans.

It's such a shame as both sets of supporters made a lot of noise, which made for a good cup tie atmosphere.

It's not the first time, Millwall have been implicated when clearly not guilty. After a coin-throwing incident at Cardiff, one Welsh caller to a football phone-in tried to pin the blame on Millwall even though it happened at the home end. Also the thrower targeted Dennis Wise! As if we'd throw a coin at him! As I remarked at the time, the thrower would have to be an Olympic Gold medalist to throw a coin that far. But nonetheless, a Talksport presenter blamed the incident on Millwall!

Looks like we can expect more of the same now from Liverpool fans in the media. But hey, we're used to injustice as no one likes us!

I think so.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:09 am

we're the best behaved supporters in the land
we're the best behaved supporters
best behaved supporters
best behaved supporters in the land (When we win)

We're a right shower of b@stards when we lose
We're a right shower of b@stards
right shower of b@stards

Murf, did you get the Blackburn tickets for J and Zoff ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:14 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:we're the best behaved supporters in the land
we're the best behaved supporters
best behaved supporters
best behaved supporters in the land (When we win)

We're a right shower of b@stards
right shower of b@stards

Murf, did you get the Blackburn tickets for J and Zoff ?

nope I told Jay to pass the money round for them  because I was skint, but he never come round.  He said he would come but never turned up.  Why do you ask anyways?  I think the ticket office will have some left.  They had loads left oon monday when i went up.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:19 am

Who is this guy??

Wasnt there trouble at Millwalls one and only european cup adventure as well this year?
They're always there but its never them!! My ******!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:24 am

Redtribe wrote:Who is this guy??

Wasnt there trouble at Millwalls one and only european cup adventure as well this year?
They're always there but its never them!! My ******!

There was a documentary about hooligans on the box not so long ago. Milwall were on it rioting with the police kicking horse's throwing anything they could get there frubby hands on, it went on to say on thid documntary that these riots take place most home games. 

Its allways going to be in the game, an it has been for a long time. Hooliganism
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:39 am

Hooliganism and Milwall are synonymous with eachother. You can't think of one without immediately thinking of the other.

Who's this Micky Monsoon cretin? Obviously knows f*ck all if he reckons even scum fans still go on about Hillsborough or we go on about Munich to them. What an absolute w*nker :angry:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:54 am

Millwall fans have and always will be hooligans and are renound for causing trouble, Liverpool fans never cause trouble so something must have been said :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:12 am

:angry: Yer they where chanting about Ken Bigley, Hillsborough and heysell  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:52 am

Any decent human being would not do things like that, they are just animal and should play football in Turkey with the rest of the scum  :angry:

Their players aren't any better either (Muscat)
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:24 pm

To be fair, saying we threw seats at them 'cus they sang about Hillsborough Hysel or Ken Bigley is not on. That is no excuse. These same people will I am sure, as many have, taunted the Mancs with Munich jibes.

I am not condoning anyone or anything, but the excuse that it was "cus they called us names" does not wash with me.

Hoolaginism is and always has been a constant thorn in the side of football. It will NEVER be eradicated.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:07 pm

Was anyone at the match last night? Do we know if it was Liverpool fans who started the trouble? I may have been at the Liverpool end but the Liverpool end could have been infiltrated by non supporters who just saw it as an opportunity to cause trouble. Its happend before :angry:  :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:17 pm

Agree completely Boo. I find it very hard to believe that this could just kick off after Liverpool supporters have been the world over to atmosphere's as intimidating yet there has never been any trouble. Could be any group who decided to come just to start trouble. I find something not resting easy that says supporters were trying to surge onto the pitch and were throwing seats. it just doesn't feel right.

Another thing, what is really pi$$ing me off the complex Millwall people have saying everybody is giving them a bad name and blaming them on violence. For f*cks sake what do these bell-ends expect people to think if this sh*t kicks off an awful lot when them lot are around :angry:

Also thats a very good point Leon.... there can be no condoning the reaction of those who threw the seats but as I said, something just doesn't feel right with this and I think the prospect of a hooligan group organising this little incident is a very real possibility because it is just too much of an conincidence that this happenend at Millwall when Liverpool fans have been the world over without similar scenes
Last edited by simic_ie on Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:22 pm

What

Of course Liverpool have trouble makers dont be naive. Im arguing on the Millwall forum now and have come across a decent fan.

The difference I see recently is that the majority of Liverpool fans have shifted away from trouble and the culture of hate and violence is slowly being erradicated but none of us help the argument by making out were all whiter than white or this infiltrated by other fans argument.

Amongst the younger argumentative Millwall scum there are some who know the score and are fed up with their clubs image but they are caught up iin image and hate but we are not
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:28 pm

Millwall and Holliganism are synonymous...I agree with Leone.. whatever the chants tho, throwing seat etc is not on... having said that I've read Taff's link to the Millwall Message board ... and fans are openly admitting what was being sung in provocation etc.. where's that scumbag Chairman of there's ? whose been denying it all morning.. I live in London and he's been on the local TV denying the chants... :O

I tried to email him on the clubsite to tell him to read the mssg board.. but low and behold u have to become a fully fledged member to email the sh*te anything :O
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:28 pm

taff wrote:What

Of course Liverpool have trouble makers dont be naive. Im arguing on the Millwall forum now and have come across a decent fan.

The difference I see recently is that the majority of Liverpool fans have shifted away from trouble and the culture of hate and violence is slowly being erradicated but none of us help the argument by making out were all whiter than white or this infiltrated by other fans argument.

Amongst the younger argumentative Millwall scum there are some who know the score and are fed up with their clubs image but they are caught up iin image and hate but we are not

No ones saying we are whiter than white, its just that its a bit of a coincidence that it happened at Millwall. I am not saying the trouble makers were other teams supporters either. Anyone who goes to cause trouble is not a football supporter
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion