Do you believe yet ? - Can we win the league this season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Do you believe yet ? - Can we win the league this season?

Yes i do
46%
No i don't
7%
Yes i do , but i'm to scared to say incase i jinx it
21%
Give it a bit more time yet and i'll get back to you
26%

Total votes : 96

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 am

Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Well ???

Well....

I think the question should now be. Do you stil believe?

If you do, you need your f.ucking head checking.  :laugh:

Tomorrow, or later, we'll still be top, so yeah I still believe. We've still to play and beat Chelsea and United.  :cool:

Faith is the key. Devine intervention  :)
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:56 am

No shaking!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:14 am

Don't know anymore to many point's dropped when we could have been atleast
9 points clear, strange team choices.

IMHO if we throw away the league after having it basically in our own hands
Rafa will pay the price not some of the sh'ite running around playing for the wrong shirt.

But that is football.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:19 am

We'll win the league IF we beat Blackpool
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby we all dream... » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 am

RedBen wrote:We'll win the league IF we beat Blackpool

Did i miss something?  :help
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:01 am

I started believing about three seasons ago, and I still believe now that we are good enough to go very close to winning the Premiership. Unfortunately, Arsenal away convinced me that it probably wasn't going to be our year this time around. Yes we had had the silly draws at Home, (and despite the best attempts of three or four people on here to drown out any opinions that thay may cost us with non stop abuse, they probably will in the end). Yes we were very unlucky to lose at Spurs despite playing well, and yes a point at the Emirates was better than Man Utd could manage, or indeed Chelsea could manage at Home to Arsenal.

The way though that we settled for a point, with the score at 1-1, their best player off injured and Adebayor bafflingly sent off convinced me that as yet, we don't have the required winning mentality. When Masherano was sent off last season at Old Trafford, they ruthlessly took us apart and beat us 3-0. In recent weeks when they've been locked at 0-0, they've thrown men forward with gay abandon in search of the winner. They've usually got one as well.

We played like that at the start of the season during the seeing of the light period. It took us to the top of the league. Since then though, we've settled back inot the "don't lose" mentality which is the summit of what we're achieving all too often. Because of that, I don't believe we'll win it no. I also don't believe me "standing up" for the manager from 12000 miles away is going to have too much effect on that either.

All that said, if we finish second and not too far off it'll be a good effort, and a good base camp for next season. We just need to leave the light on a bit longer next time, buy a bit better in the Summer and go for it more. Saying a little prayer before you go to bed each night and praying that Steven Gerrard doesn't get injured as well wouldn't go amiss.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:07 am

Course we'll win it
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 am

Stoke away had me have serious doubts.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Effes wrote:Stoke away had me have serious doubts.

Totally agree - I am now bewildered - I don't jump on the Rafa is a nutter bandwagon because I accept that he is in a better position to make the decisions than we are but Stoke was weird and it could cost Liverpool the title. What sort of signpost did it put out to other teams? They certainly won't fear Liverpool as a result of that performance.

Torres and Keane on the bench with Alonso injured - that was beyond comprehension given that we weren't playing for ten days after the Stoke game and we really needed the points to put pressure on United. Ok I accept that Torres may not be fully fit and that Rafa did not want to risk him against a very hard Stoke defence. But Keane is a mystery - have they had words? - something is going on that we don't know about - Rafa is showing who the boss is. I haven't been Robbie's greatest fan but after a couple of decent goal scoring matches he drops him - why?

Playing Benayoun is always a risk as you never have a clue as to what you are going to get and he hasn't got the physical strength needed against a team like Stoke. Lucas after his improved performance against a pathetic Newcastle was back to his usual very disappointing worst.

A very bad day at the office and United continue to get the points against Wigan when they were up against it.

Oh I hate football !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Regime » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:36 pm

I believe.

Screw ManU.
Regime

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:38 pm

I think i will answer this question with a clear image in march. At the moment its hard to say. We shall see. Faith is the key
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Hopefully when we visit OT we can go there on level terms. (if not ahead :-)).
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby justyna » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:17 pm

we've got to believe...if there's no belief there will never be any success!
justyna

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 am

justyna wrote:we've got to believe...if there's no belief there will never be any success!

You must be the complete opposite of me. I reckon the total number of words in your entire 57 posts is less than one of my rambles.

There's nothing at all wrong in that (many would say it's a good thing) but despite having no evidence, I've a hunch you are a "sleeper" wum. You've slipped under the radar and casually gone about your everyday business, all the while steering well clear of controversy and attention. Like many before you though, my guess is your bitterness was intensified at one of Wilhelmson and Oasis's wind-up training camps, secluded amongst the dimly lit and grimy back corridoors of downtown Goodison. The indoctrination probably began with endless viewings of Duncan Fergusons disallowed header in the Champions League qualifiers, as you all sat round and burned effigies of that bald Italian ref who's name escapes me.

Nobody could know what attrocities you are planning. They'll probably interview a couple of forum regulars after the grand unveiling ceremony (I always enjoy that bit) "Ha ha you Liverpool Monkeys, little did you know I'm not actually a Liverpool fan at all". Those forum regulars will talk of a quiet man who kept himself to himself, nobody suspected that all along he was plotting the carnage that ensued.

Course, if I'm wrong, sorry mate           :D
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 am

Effes wrote:Stoke away had me have serious doubts.

Had the Mancs not scored in the 114th minute the other day the fans would have been saying exactly the same thing. Ok we didn't play well but had that Gerrard chance gone in everyone would have been saying how we did well to grind out a result.

The Stoke game didn't change my opinion that we can still win it. There's no way on God's green earth that Rafa would ever consider playing Kuyt upfront on his own again surely, especially with Torres now fully fit?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion