Do you believe yet ? - Can we win the league this season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Do you believe yet ? - Can we win the league this season?

Yes i do
46%
No i don't
7%
Yes i do , but i'm to scared to say incase i jinx it
21%
Give it a bit more time yet and i'll get back to you
26%

Total votes : 96

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:32 am

Here's a poser, if we win our next match and Chelsea perish at Old Trafford, are they approaching being out of it? If they aren't out of it at that point, would a defeat at Anfield for them reduce the field to two? Maybe not, maybe too early to totally write them off but a defeat against the Mancs would put them in big trouble as long as we win. I actualy think that soomer or later it's going to be a two horse race between us and the Mancs, with the team that blinks first coming second.

I'd actually be quite comfortable about moving onto to the end game as soon as possible. Feck Chelsea, lets leave it to the big boys to sort out between themselves.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:40 am

CAN WE WIN IT??

YES WE CAN
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Greavesie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 am

bigmick wrote:Here's a poser, if we win our next match and Chelsea perish at Old Trafford, are they approaching being out of it? If they aren't out of it at that point, would a defeat at Anfield for them reduce the field to two? Maybe not, maybe too early to totally write them off but a defeat against the Mancs would put them in big trouble as long as we win. I actualy think that soomer or later it's going to be a two horse race between us and the Mancs, with the team that blinks first coming second.

I'd actually be quite comfortable about moving onto to the end game as soon as possible. Feck Chelsea, lets leave it to the big boys to sort out between themselves.

I would like to see that, but the thought of them edging us out of number 19 and them equalling our record is for me, reaching heart attack levels BM, but then again if we edged them?  :D

without a doubt Chelsea can't lose against Man u at Old Trafford, it wouldn't put them out of it by any means, but it would put a lot of pressure on them, coupled with a loss against us and their chances would fade rather quickly. If they don't win Europe in the meantime, it could make Scolari's reign at Stamford Bridge a short one indeed
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:19 am

bigmick wrote:Here's a poser, if we win our next match and Chelsea perish at Old Trafford, are they approaching being out of it? If they aren't out of it at that point, would a defeat at Anfield for them reduce the field to two? Maybe not, maybe too early to totally write them off but a defeat against the Mancs would put them in big trouble as long as we win. I actualy think that soomer or later it's going to be a two horse race between us and the Mancs, with the team that blinks first coming second.

I actualy think its a two horse race now Mick. Us an the Mancs. Ive seen nothing from special from Chelsea to say otherwise . I know the bookies think different an have us as finishing third . But in my eyes they have it wrong. we will win the League.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XaviHernandez » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 am

Yes, Liverpool will win the League. Nowadays, we show a fantastic game, and there are only two or three teams that are like us. However, if we only pay attention in the League, Champions League can be very difficuld for us.

Recently, I've heard about Pennant. Madrid is interested in himself, what do you think about him? Is it a good player? Do you like him?
"If I could say what I wanted to say, I'd say I lay aside all again."
XaviHernandez

Postby Rafa D » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:27 am

XaviHernandez wrote:Yes, Liverpool will win the League. Nowadays, we show a fantastic game, and there are only two or three teams that are like us. However, if we only pay attention in the League, Champions League can be very difficuld for us.

Recently, I've heard about Pennant. Madrid is interested in himself, what do you think about him? Is it a good player? Do you like him?

See Pennant Thread.

Mierda = Pennant
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XaviHernandez » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:36 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
XaviHernandez wrote:Yes, Liverpool will win the League. Nowadays, we show a fantastic game, and there are only two or three teams that are like us. However, if we only pay attention in the League, Champions League can be very difficuld for us.

See Pennant Thread.

Mierda = Pennant

Lol!

OKs, thanks and sorry for my english.  :;):
XaviHernandez

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:55 am

He's the typical player that has the potential, but doesn't have what it takes to deliver.

In Real madrid he'd be useful, because they need a patch there urgently, but in an ideal world, I wouldn't count on him for a European top club's starting eleven.

I liked him, but I expected more of him.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XaviHernandez » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks. So, would you see it well? Or it depends on what Real Madrid wants to pay.
XaviHernandez

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:48 pm

err yes, and i wont jinx it :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:33 pm

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS.

NEVER FORGET FORM IS TEMPORARY
                                                      CLASS IS PERMANENT
                                                     NEVER STOP BELIEVING !!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Raffmaker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:23 am

Happy new year to you all!

Can't wait for the Frustrating (me!) return of Torres. guy knows where the net is.

I'm more confident for some strange reason this season, in us playing away than at home!

One thing this season, i dont know about you....the thought of the mancs equalling our record of 18 if they win it. 2 games in hand if they win leaves them 1 point behind. I have thought we should be 10 points clear by now. However we are only halfway through the season, although we are normally good finishers, them gettting the title is unthinkable this time. Take Ronaldo out of there side, they are average.

And Im glad they got inter in the last 16 lol.
:eyebrow
Raffmaker

Postby Zidane » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:28 am

yes we can!
Zidane

Postby falabogu » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:49 am

yes we can,even Mancs will be better than they are now
falabogu

Postby Zidane » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 am

I just got caught up on the goals from the last few games since i've been on vacation didn't get to see any but boy are we playing well.  Keane looks like he has finally found his form and it seems like Insua is our new LB, I liked him a lot more than Dossena as soon as I saw him get a full 90 minutes.  Keane's goal against Arsenal was outstanding and lets not forget that they have played extremely well against the other top teams so a draw at Emirates is nothing to be down about.

From the post I read it sounded like Insua is doing a hell of a job so maybe he can be our starting LB and Aurelio our backup?  Don't know exactly how well he is playing though as I haven't seen any of the games but that would be nice then we could just get rid of Dossena for good and get a decent return on him.  Looking forward to the new year. :)
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion